• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How will the Packers do?

Steve Foss

I went back a few pages on this forum and didn't see a thread like this, so thought I'd start one.

I'm going with 10-6, but I don't have the balls to break it down game by game. We win the division, but I think if we make it to the NFC championship game, we lose it there.

Yeah, I go to bed dreaming of a Super Bowl Champions repeat, but it's getting harder and harder to do.

I do bleed green and gold. I know darn well there are several Packers fans in here that really pay attention to all the ins and outs and are more sophisticated in their analysis than I'll ever be, so I'm interested to see what you Packer Backers have to say. smile

Yeah, trying to limit the responses to Packers fans. That'll work. crazy

my prediction is:

better than the vikings.

I think that would also be the same answer if you asked about how the Bears and Lions will do this year though cry

But if I say that then I'm just trolling.

What a bunch of whiners.

Oops, this thread is for GB fans. I'll leave now. Carry on!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

But if I say that then I'm just trolling.

full-27051-11017-220px_donotfeedtroll_sv

I unfortunately have a hard time finding reasons they won't be back in the SB......

The division may look weak, but there ARE the playoffs. smile

im gonna go with 10-6, im a little unhappy they didnt try to make any moves even if it was just getting some back ups, there were pleny of decent players out there they didnt try to get, and im a little unhappy about the Jenkins deal still. I really wish they could have gotten something for Barnett instead of just cutting him. But the packers are kinda like the twins they dont make blockbuster moves very often and they keep it in house when they need players.

I'll go 11-5, win the division and beat the Eagles in Philly (what a dump) to make it to the SB. I think the division ends up

Packers

Lions

Bears

Vikings

Just my two cents....

But the packers are kinda like the twins they dont make blockbuster moves very often and they keep it in house when they need players.
Kinda...but that's where it ends. The BIG difference is that the Packers draft quality players and develop them well while the Twins mostly get lucky while also not utilizing free agency well. I'm fine with the Packers not signing anybody this offseason. They have plenty of guys that they need to lock up, and a guy signed today is a Jermichael Finley or Josh Sitton gone tomorrow. I wouldn't have minded signing a decent ILB for backup but I think that they'll keep working one or two of their OLBs as an emergency ILB.

I have no doubt that the Packers will make it to the playoffs this season and I'll venture to say that it's an 11-5 season up to that point. They play a bunch of good teams (Saints, Falcons, Rams, Chargers, Bucs, Giants) and will likely lose one to the Bears defense.

As for the post season, I can't strongly favor them for a SB repeat but I think that they'll make it to the championship round.

If they come into the season like they were at the end of last year, and produce a better running game, they will be a 11-5 or 12-4 team. Having Finley back is going to give Rodgers a nice seam route go to guy - in turn opening up the outside corner and go routes over the top. A lot of safteys are going to bit on Finley in the middle and with him at about 240 lbs now, he's going to be a more explosive. Remember him last year before he got injured? He was and absolute beast and hard to stop. As long as he can block well. All in all the team is solid. Yes, they will miss Jenkins, and they should have probably tried to keep him there - but, somebody will fill that gap well.

I'm impressed with Cobb, can't wait to see him in the return game, which I like because it keeps Tramon off the field not risking injury. Seeing him in the slot a bit will also be exciting.

The only thing I worry about is, how hungry is the team coming off the SB win? End of last year they were a freak of nature, nobody was going to stop them, and they did it all on the road which in my opinion, deserves all the respect in the world. I hear it all the time "they got hot at the right time" blah blah blah. Thing is, they did it with 15 guys on IR. Younger guys stepped up and played great football. What more do you want from a team that gives the "not so high profiled" players a chance. Never did like TT, but he has done an awesome job with this team. Been a packer fan all my life and lived through the tough times in the 80's. This team I would rank close, but not too close with the team of the Favre/Reggie White era, and they're still YOUNG. That tells me we have a lot to look forward to for a number of years to come. GO PACK!

I'll go 11-5, win the division and beat the Eagles in Philly (what a dump) to make it to the SB. I think the division ends up

Packers

Lions

Bears

Vikings

Just my two cents....

Sad to say it but I agree with you on the division Nate (I'm a Vikings Fan). However, I think the Eagles will edge out the Packers for the NFC title. The Lions are looking good and I see them as a possible wild card. The Vikings and Bears will fight for last in the North.

The tough games look like Saints week 1, Falcons, Chargers. Worst case I think they win one of those 3 games. That gives the Pack 3 other loses during the season, which I think is reasonable. And a final record of 11-5.

I will say it is very tough to win back to back Superbowls.

Our GREEN and GOLD will do poorly as usual. Hard to root FOR any team that wears hideous colors like that....even if they are a local h.s.

Oh, you weren't asking about our h.s. team???? O.k. the S.S.Paul PACKERS will do quite well, as usual, they are in the play-offs about half the time. They have a good program there.

STILL the wrong team????? Then WHO CARES? whistle

For the 2-3 fans on here who do care...........The G.B PUCKERS will finish the year 8-8 , miss the play-offs, and it just MIGHT help their obnoxious fans grow up a little.....though I doubt it.

Wow, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black. Your little tirade speaks for itself. Enjoy your life buddy.

Our GREEN and GOLD will do poorly as usual. Hard to root FOR any team that wears hideous colors like that....even if they are a local h.s.

Oh, you weren't asking about our h.s. team???? O.k. the S.S.Paul PACKERS will do quite well, as usual, they are in the play-offs about half the time. They have a good program there.

STILL the wrong team????? Then WHO CARES? whistle

For the 2-3 fans on here who do care...........The G.B PUCKERS will finish the year 8-8 , miss the play-offs, and it just MIGHT help their obnoxious fans grow up a little.....though I doubt it.

Wow, obnoxious fans? Because they have something to cheer about? I suppose it would make me upset too if I was a Vikings fan, since its about 40/60 % Packers/Vikings fans when they play at their home field. Hope that roof full of snow hitting the field didnt take out that ridiculous horn that you guys get to blow 5 times per game. Call me (a packer fan) obnoxious?

Packers will do just fine....more wins than losses for sure. There are always some teams who do worse then expected and some that do better (see the Vikes and Chiefs last year) and some of these could be on their schedule. Super Bowl repeat? Way to hard to predict, injuries and the timing of them to your team and to rivals are unpredictable. Referees calls, not only in your game but also in games your rivals are playing in.

In the end they should be in the playoffs and with a bit of good fortune they could end up in the SB. Should be a fun year.

And not every Viking fan is quite like that. Most love the rivalry between the two teams. The only time I tend to talk carp about the Pack is when they are playing the Vikings on Sundays. I sure hope they can go 6-2 in the division this year. Of course with the 2 losses coming at the hands of the Vikings! Good luck Pack.

I'd Like to say 12-4, but I am going to go 11-5. As with most talented teams, it all comes down to injuries. They have good depth, but if they lose Rogers or Mathews for the season, they could be pretty average.

If they stay healthy, they are basically adding Burnett, Finley, Grant, Neal and all of their draft picks to a Super Bowl caliber team. Cobb, House and Williams have supposedly all looked really good, however until we seem them in against some real NFL competition, its way too early to tell.

They are probably the next Dynasty in the NFL. I look for them to be 13-3 or 12-4 this season and they will probably repeat as SB champions.

They are probably the next Dynasty in the NFL. I look for them to be 13-3 or 12-4 this season and they will probably repeat as SB champions.

Packers fans = dream. champs.gif

Vikings fans = nightmare. rip.gif

Every year I have predicted the Pack will win the Super Bowl. I've been right 4 times now. (Of course I've been wrong 41 times.) grin