Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Mons

Shore Fishing the North Shore

Mons

I'm going to be camping up on the North Shore the last week of August and am wondering if there is any legitimate chance of hooking into a Steelhead or Lake Trout from shore. I will be staying in Schroeder but am open to driving up and down the shore a ways. Any advise on tactics or locations would be muchly appreciated!

JBMasterAngler

There are quite a few shore friendly spots in that area. Nearby tributaries are good starting points, but not a must. Various colors of spoons. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to heave the lures out a mile. I've had hits on spinners (#4 blue fox) just a few ft from the shoreline. You can also try floating crawlers off the bottom, could be good for a coho. If you have a canoe, bring it. No better way to experience lake superior than in a canoe...only need to go out a max of about 200 yards.