• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewashta - Carver County

How do you guys produce on this lake?

How do you work the lake in general?

Any waypoints / gps points you could pm me with?

Just started hitting the lake for the first time.

Thanks!

Lots of pike in the lake. You should be able to catch a few trolling the weedlines. Good luck.

Yup, trolling will get you a lot of pike, especially if you hit the right time of day.

We just started fishing it last fall & caught a couple big bass, but we haven't been able to figure out a good pattern on them yet. One here, one there. Some nice ones in there!

So did they make your boat go to an inspection station? Saw on the Strib that Minnewashta, Lotus and Christmas wants your boat inspected at some off site inspection station.

Just wondering if that's going on now, or in the works or what the deal is.

Yup, trolling will get you a lot of pike, especially if you hit the right time of day.

We just started fishing it last fall & caught a couple big bass, but we haven't been able to figure out a good pattern on them yet. One here, one there. Some nice ones in there!

I wish I could join you and CG out there tomorrow. This summer has not been good for fishing. Haven't been out since Lake X in early June...

Quote:
This summer has not been good for fishing. Haven't been out since Lake X in early June...

That is one of the saddest things I've read in a long time. I asked CG about you last night & he thought you might have died & gone to fishing heaven. Best time of year is just around the corner, fishing was good last night!

Quote:
So did they make your boat go to an inspection station? Saw on the Strib that Minnewashta, Lotus and Christmas wants your boat inspected at some off site inspection station.

I read that too & expected someone to be around the fishing ramp, but nothing doing. Didn't see anyone or any sign of inspection coming or going.

Went there last night and saw the signs for the boat inspection and all boats must be inspected. The next sign said the inspection was closed. LOL

Hey Ebass, missed you by a day. We launched at our private association beach on the west side and drove across and parked on Sat with our neighbors and there two girls. We didn't fish at all, just hangin on the lake. Maybe someday we will have an inspector visit us at our private boat launch?

I'm going again tomorrow. Maybe they inspections will be going on, but it will be after 5PM so probably not. I'll post later.

What are the hours to get through the gate off of hwy. 41. My 10 year old is going out of his mind wanting to catch some northerns and Sat. Is his birthday so minnewashta is the plan for Sat. Morning. I don't want to get there too early and have gate closed tho'. Is there any spot that would get this soon to be 11 year old some northern action or is it pretty much troll the weedlines with a rapala or daredevil. Thanks for any info

Fishingdad - shoot me an email to ajd540 at yahoo dott comm. I have a couple of spots that have been consistent that I can share.

In general, trolling the weedline will be good.

DB

Hey fishing dad, troll the raps on the outside edge of the weeds. I prefer the taildancers that run in the 10-15 foot range and try to run the outside edge of the weedlines. I usually keep the boat in 13 fow water on the main lake. You will catch lots of bass and small northerns this way. My daughters are 6 & 10 and we have caught and released a lot of fish. Unfortunately, this lake is infested with small northerns. We have only kept one northern all summer which was a 24 incher. As for action for the kids it is a great lake. If you go into the back bay it is usually much clearer because it is a no wake area, and while it is shallow there are two deeper holes. It isn't really effective to troll because they are so small in size but it can be fun area to cast spoons, raps, or spinners. Let me know if he has a good birthday fishing trip. Sounds like you are going to have some good weather on Saturday morning for fishing. I would definitely recommend fishing Saturday morning because by Sunday there will be a lot of surface weeds from all the recreational boats chopping up the milfoil and the waves and wind blowing it all over the place.

Thanks for the responses to me. Small hammerhandles will grow in his mind- by the time we get home and Mom will being hearing about all the monsters that he caught (I hope) I know if he gets some action from the little slimers it will be a great birthday morning. Thanks again I will definently post on the results

I went through the inspection which was a kid that looked for weeds and asked if I had water in the boat. I didn't have either and was on my way.

Fishin' was slow, but caught a couple bass and small pike of course.

Well we are back from my 11 year old's birthday fishing morning and it was everything a dad could have hoped for. 2 hours fishing 3 northerns (1-25") & 4 bass (2-20") he had a blast and I was very happy for him. Thank You very much for the tips. There is now one more of us hooked on fishing.

Talked and was inspected by the DNR at boat ramp #2. She told me that if you were in an infested lake/river like Tonka/Sippi that you need to power spray the boat and trailer and let it sit for 5 days before I can launch in Minnewashta or any lake that's doesn't have invasives. This was new to me. Just wanted to share that info.

Talked and was inspected by the DNR at boat ramp #2. She told me that if you were in an infested lake/river like Tonka/Sippi that you need to power spray the boat and trailer and let it sit for 5 days before I can launch in Minnewashta or any lake that's doesn't have invasives. This was new to me. Just wanted to share that info.

Lol, wait..... They're telling you that you essentially can't go fishing in different bodies of water, if one is infected, more than three times in 2 weeks? Thats ridiculous. I'd even bet that they don't do that with their own CO's boats that hit multiple lakes in one day. Some things are just over the top.

I understand the principle in them telling you that, but with me not even being a real hardcore fisherman (if I'm lucky twice a week) I still think that them trying to tell people stuff like that is just ridiculous.

Good Luck enforcing that.

Just tell them you only fish Washta.

Yup that's what she said. I do see their point and they want to be overly protective like a mama grizzly, but they should be prepared and have a close by station to wash the boat/trailer down and not have the runoff go into the lake. But that cost $ and who is going to pay for that?

I think you may have mis understood the person at the launch. They want you to do one of three things. Wash the boat and trailer with hot soapy water or pressure wash the boat and trailer or not but your boat in the another lake for 5 days. Its all volantary that DNR intern cannot stop you from putting your boat in the water.