• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Due to an out-of-state trip that fell through, I have a week off in mid-August, still have the vacation time and the wife is on board with a fishing trip for a good portion of the week. Question is where to go? Where is some good fishing (mainly walleye) this time of year? How's Sag / Seagull this time of year? I haven't seen any updates lately. I can go anywhere just need to decide where. Haven't been to Sag in quite a few years, never been to Rainy.

So I have to pick a destination for the week of 8/15, I'm leaning toward the gunflint or VNP but I'm open to suggestion, any advise on where the actions hot?

Thanks NL, heading to Kettle Falls Inn. Maybe take a whack on the big pond on the way back if the weather is cooperating.

Kind of last minute post, but anyone know any of the lakes in this area to chase eye's other than Seagull? Looks like some of the other bigger water like Gillis, Little Sag, Gabimichigami don't have walleye.

Leaving tonight...but thought I would ask anyways. It was a last minute trip.

If I understand the regs correctly you can't fish lakers in the summer in the BWCA?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

"If I understand the regs correctly you can't fish lakers in the summer in the BWCA?"

That would be news to me.

Looks like your already gone but if not what is your entry point?