Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kell0916

St. Croix Muskies

kell0916

I have been fishing muskies around the cities for several years, but would like to get out on the river this fall. I know the Croix has lots of muskies, anyone have advice where to start from.....not exact spots but maybe boat landings or general areas, also structure to look for? Anything helps, Thanks!

Kato

I'd also like to get a couple pointers about the Croix for Muskies/ river fishing muskies in general...

gdog

I don't fish for muskies, but I see people doing it. I go out of the Bluffs park landing and people are basically fishing for them where you would expect- places where the current breaks and longer, shallower areas. Go and buy a depth map of the river(you can get them at bait stores or Gander Mountain) where you will go out of and study it a little bit. As soon as you get on the river it will become apparent areas you should target. Good luck!

Derek B

My brother in law landed a 49 1/2 incher last night in about 6 feet of water.

FFPARKINSONS

All of you guys that fish muskies on the croix or want to come check out our Fishing tournament Sept. 10th. We have a Muskie division with a great chance to fish Muskies in the prime of the season. check out www . fishinforparkinsons . com for more info. This is strictly limited to 20 boats and is sure to be a good time to support a great cause!

Rusch

Finally starting to get out again with the water temps down. It's been a tough year. Basically, find eddies...areas with less current...but not too little current so that the water gets stagnant. Weeds are a plus.

Come September, it is typically a topwater/bucktail bite.

kell0916

Rusch,

what stretch of the river do you target? South or North of I94? The only landing I am familiar with is the Bluffs landing near Afton, do you have other suggestions where to launch from?

Rusch

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but there are fish from north of Stillwater to Prescott. Once you learn what to target, you'll be able to pick those types of spots up on a map and on the water, and then you can target any part of the river you want.

I fish south of 94 more than north and launch in Hudson. Two community spots would be the Afton area and the Kinni.