• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions for Vikings Season.

flipper

...They will play for Frazier.

That's at least a bright spot. Disaster last year in that regard.

I used to think this team was going 7-9, now I'm gonna flip and say 9-7 with outside chance of...And I'm not going to actually say that.

Also I'm really tired of everyone crowning the Detroit Lions as being a real threat this upcoming year. Yes they are impressive at certain positions, but they are still the Lions. I will not be a believer until I see it actually happen.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• LMITOUT

• flipper

• reinhard1

so noted Solbes, you have history on your side regarding the LIons. However, I'll be the first to say I told you so smile

I've been watching my favorite team, the Minnesota Vikings, in the preseason and that Sherrels has been looking pretty good as has Booker. Maybe its time to really put some thought into trading Peterson and getting some return on him while his value is high. Like the guy from PFT was saying, this team is years away from any legitimate playoff run so why not start acquiring some decent prospects and draft picks to begin the rebuilding process, starting with trading Peterson.

The reverse of the Herschel Walker deal?!? If only some other team were that gullible!

Seriously though, after watching the first three preseason games I am impressed by the Vikings. The defense could be better and so could a lot of things, but for a new coaching staff, new scheme, and new players to put it all together so quickly is impressive. I want to say that the Vikings will be better than I initially predicted but then I have to think of a team to do worse than them in the divison. Maybe the Lions but they seem to be on the upswing. The Bears could take a giant step back in some kind of Martz/Cutler super-implosion that swallows everything nearby, kind of like the end of Poltergeist.

Watch out NFC~ The Vikes are very legitimate contenders.......not to be under estimated......and will defin give the Pack a run for there money.......AP, Percy, EJ, Allen, K WIll, B squared, Vis-ant-ay, JIMMY Kleinsause Man, Donny Mc Nabb and a bunch of new faces will be a good team. Heck by season end, maybe even a GREAT TEAM!!! Watch out...

Watch out NFC~ The Vikes are very legitimate contenders.......not to be under estimated......and will defin give the Pack a run for there money.......AP, Percy, EJ, Allen, K WIll, B squared, Vis-ant-ay, JIMMY Kleinsause Man, Donny Mc Nabb and a bunch of new faces will be a good team. Heck by season end, maybe even a GREAT TEAM!!! Watch out...

Someone was mixing the kool-aide a little too strong. Thats 2 quarts of water per packet, not 1... eek

Yeah, I mean I was trying to give the Vikings some extra praise than I gave them in the off-season, but I clearly laughed at my co-worker yesterday when he predicted a 10-6 tie with the Packers. IT JUST WON'T HAPPEN.

Someone was mixing the kool-aide a little too strong. Thats 2 quarts of water per packet, not 1... eek

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

rolleyes.gif

Careful DC, if you post something the herd disagrees with you'll be unfairly labeled a "troll" in desperation because they have no logical retort.

Careful DC, if you post something the herd disagrees with you'll be unfairly labeled a "troll" in desperation because they have no logical retort.

Im ok with that...

Or I could just post this once in a while...

full-1130-11766-post.gif

Tonight we will get to see the last guys playing for a spot. You can pretty much count on the guys that dont play tonight have a spot for next weekends opener vs chargers. If we can go to San Diego and win, I think there is going to be a lot of heads turned and band wagon jumpers coming on!

And the D need to get to Rivers and make things happen! I think they CAN win, but they have to be disiplined and limit mistakes to NONE! Go Vikes! Ps look for Webb to maybe run once or twice out of wild cat!

Chargers favored by 9 and it won't even be close unless you've OD'd on the "hope" that the 9-noon show on KFAN has been dishing out with the grape Kool-Aid to wash it down.

Vegas doesn't set those lines just for the fun of it.

Sticking ur neck out pretty far there. You must be pretty confident that this Norv Turner coached charger team will start much differently than every other one has.

Sticking ur neck out pretty far there. You must be pretty confident that this Norv Turner coached charger team will start much differently than every other one has.

I know...but the Chargers have to figure it out one of these years. grin

That team could have been a legitimate playoff team for the past few years if not for Turner.

Vikes can beat em, I'd rather have the game be at home but as long as we don't turn the ball over we can win.

Chargers are mean though, Philip is one of the best QB's in the game and I could see Vincent and Gates shredding our secondary.

If Frazier keeps AP pointed downhill, thereby keeping Rivers and his offense off the field and out of rhythm, the Vikings have a chance. The Chargers should win but I'd agree about their slow starts...it's their achilles heal and the window of opportunity for the purple and gold

Ha HA!

Sure goin up against #1 O and #1 D from last year, but what, 30 pass yards...?

Prediction just went from 10-6 to 6-10... oh yeah lets watch some tape on how to defend underneath check downs to prevent 10 yard gains EVERY time..

Oh well, first game, gotta lose one eventually right?

When did they bring Chilly back to play call?

No chit. What was up with the back to back wildcat play with Webb when AP was just getting going again, and we were starting to substain a drive. Totally beyond me. Your pretty much telling the D your running it up the middle try and stop us.

Of course we are going to get Chilly type play calling....it's the same type team isn't it? Slow QB, bad O line, one good rcvr (Percy) and a great running back that can be stopped because of the above. Even with a lead and a great back the Vikes will have a tough go.

This is what we have to look forward to, get used to it.

Skol!

only 30 yards passing? Even a 7th grade football team passes for more yards. It's not even embarrassing it's hilarious!

The thing that sucks most about the vikings is they have great players but they have terrible leadership, and it starts with the owner, gm, coaches, etc.... Maybe they will move to LA and underachieve for another 50 years. I even got the perfect team name "The LA Smog"