• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions for Vikings Season.

flipper

Both good points. Belichek and Scott Pioli worked that plan to perfection before anyone else.

The Vikings have had good 1st round success with the exception of 2005. I would still argue that they need the numbers and depth. The Vikings need much more than just another first round draft success.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• LMITOUT

• flipper

• reinhard1

Watch out NFC~ The Vikes are very legitimate contenders.......not to be under estimated......and will defin give the Pack a run for there money.......AP, Percy, EJ, Allen, K WIll, B squared, Vis-ant-ay, JIMMY Kleinsause Man, Donny Mc Nabb and a bunch of new faces will be a good team. Heck by season end, maybe even a GREAT TEAM!!! Watch out...

Reviewing the first few pages of this thread, this might be the funniest post in hindsight.

Also, Fat Tire deserves recognition for having the closest prediction for the Vikings' season. His guess was 4-12. Nobody else went lowered than 6-10 and most were in the 7-9 to 9-7 range with a few delusionals in the 11-5 and 12-4 range.

Honestly, who really cares about predictions that were before the season began anyway. We all know that their record sucks. They have not done much to be excited about. It is pretty much just a matter of where they pick in the draft now. I think it is pretty funny how far people reach to try to rub that salt deeper into the wounds of us Vikings fans. I will say it right now, we are the Lions of past and are the basement dwellers of the NFC North. The Vikings suck this year, plain and simple. I have no excuses for how they have done so horrible. They have just played like carp. But I will also be the first to stick behind my team and keep rooting them on each and every week. I love the Purple and that will NEVER change. SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't care what the schedule says. Don't care who we play. Any team can win any Sunday. Call me a rube, tell me I am drinking too much purple kool aid. The Vikings will go at LEAST 10-6 this year. I think the defense will step it up this year and show us how they should of been last year. McNabb will do wonders with AP behind him and lead the Vikings to the playoffs.

gringringrin

It's great to be a fan and cheer your team on but to improve the Vikes need to make decisions based upon reality not fantasy.

My intent wasn't to rub salt in the wound. It's just interesting to look at preseason thoughts and see how they panned out - no more, no less.

The Vikes took a giant dump, let them first handful of games slip away, if we would of ended up on the winning side of those we could of had a decent season, that's how it goes.

I'd either trade our pick with some eager team that wants to move up or draft Matt Kalil if he's available.

ya ya yaya....So I was way wrong when it came to my prediction. IT SUCKS! It is like living a nightmare seeing my favorite 2 teams lose every week (the Vikes, and who ever is playing the Pack). Hopefully, some team can shut down the pack so I dont have to hear about them for another year. Oh well. FISHING SEASON NOW!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Vikes in 2012, and me like the others, will not abandon the purple. They are my favorite team, and there time will come around again. Hopefully sooner than later..

Go Vikes in 2012

Going to L.A. is about all I see. I'm generously going to begin donations of Cheeseheads too all my Minnesota couterparts for next years season. smile

Honestly though, the vikes need a huge turnaround in order to stay competitive. New Coach for starters...Injuries have obviously plagued them and not having consistent starters or good backups is going to make for a rough season. Going to take a few years to turn things around over there.

So if the Vikings move. Who is everyone going to cheer for? They will probably realign the nfc north and nfc west. Vikings to the west and rams to the north. It’s going to get real quit in here. Gee Detroit can suck for a decade or more, and even they can get a new stadium. Hate to say it but that speaks volumes, of the Vikings fans and supporters. Just saying.

Its really gonna hurt when the lakers and Vikings start wining titles all the time. That has to hurt just to think about it. just saying.

Kind of off topic, but if the Vikings are going to leave they are going to leave. Trying to extort money from us under the threat of leaving is total baloney. In these tough times why should we build a new playground for a bunch of millionaires? If other places did it that is their problem.

BTW If they leave I will cheer for the Pack. grin

I do not believe the Vike will leave. The NFL will not let them. The Vikings are making more money than a lot of other teams, such as Jacksonville. Also, the owners would have to have a 2/3 vote to allow the Vikings to move, which is unlikely. There was a write up in the Star Tribune a few weeks back about all the things that would have to happen in order for the Vikings to be allowed to move, and it was astounding the amounts of hoops that would have to be jumped through.

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN has them ranked 30th in their Power Poll, just ahead of Rams and Colts.

Time for the player development office to be fired.

Power ? Once a decade we make a run. We haven't had a pick since early October I heard unless we had 1 last Sunday, can't really even watch at this point, like the twins 2nd half last season, slide into oblivion.

That's what happens when you have a secondary full of players that play at a high school level. They could sign me straight off the couch and I could do a better job.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has to be brought back to the top of the forum! whistlewhistlegrin

I dont have time right now but did anyone predict 3-13? I am sure enjoying it, but didnt predict it...

This guy was close!

FatTire- "4-12 followed by a move to L.A."

This guy was smart too!

Thatoneguy- "I'd really rather see them go 1-15 and draft Andrew Luck next year than go 6-10."

I'm going to be optimistic, and say the Vikings go 7-9.

Basically, the McNabb deal will be just enough to cost them a higher draft pick.

So I said in September. grin

When I said I was being "optimistic", I thought a five or six-win season was more realistic.

My mistake, in part, was in thinking McNabb would win a couple games for the Vikings. McNabb won them nothing.