• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is this road trip the end of the season?

SledNeck

MINNEAPOLIS—The fourth-place Minnesota Twins finally came to realize baseball teams can score more than one run in a single play when, in the fifth inning of their 4-6 loss to the Cleveland Indians last Monday, they witnessed their opponents do just that. “It doesn’t seem like it should be allowed,” said Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, who ran out of the dugout to protest when he saw two Cleveland players touch home plate. “We’ve never tried to pull anything like that. Quite frankly, it looks pretty hard. First off, you’d almost have to be in a situation where two people were on base, and then if you could manage that, a hitter would have to hit the ball so far away from the fielders that there would be little chance of getting it back to the catcher before the second runner reached home plate. Sounds crazy to me.” Though he admitted the team still did not quite understand how scoring multiple runs works, Gardenhire called it a “cheap gimmick” and said the Twins would not attempt it anytime soon.

laugh

This thread is a classic. Going from let's see how they do in Texas before I finally give up on them. To... that's it have a fire sale unload them all. To... oh wait maybe... You guys are as fickle as this teams year is going. First off Joe is hitting again. Hooray. Alexi I do believe finally "gets" this game. So really just enjoy the ride. While I was always skeptical they could get to .500 after that first two months it sure looks like they have a 50/50 shot at the texas series. At worst they will split with a very good club. It's Detriot that is giving them fits this year. I'm in this just to see if we can catch Chicago. That's all I'm looking for.

Could be and it's still a huge mountain to climb with 3 teams ahead of us. Detroit did lose today so that helps.

I'll bet Fukudome makes the diff (cough, cough) in the AL Central race--it's got to be the ex-Cub factor!!!

Still got lots of baseball left and that provides opportunities to catch-up...They can do it! Watch...

They will win the wild card. Mark this post.

They would win their own division LONG before they win the wild-card.

I agree with Zep, the Wild Card is always going to second in the AL East. If they expanded the playoffs like they've been talking about, wouldn't that give 2 wild cards to the east and they'd send 3 teams to the playoffs?

the terrible a.l. central will allow this team to stay within single digits of the lead and possible claim the "title" that will go to the team that fails the least for the rest of the season.

I agree with Zep, the Wild Card is always going to second in the AL East. If they expanded the playoffs like they've been talking about, wouldn't that give 2 wild cards to the east and they'd send 3 teams to the playoffs?

I thought that they said if that happened, than there would be some division shuffling. I may be wrong about that though.

If they would shuffle one of those teams from the east into the central the Twins would never have a chance at winning the division. All the teams from the east would be fighting over the chance to move to the central!

If they would shuffle one of those teams from the east into the central the Twins would never have a chance at winning the division. All the teams from the east would be fighting over the chance to move to the central!

agree. tampa and toronto fans probably go to bed every night thinking about division races if only they weren't stuck in the east.

No chance at winning the wild card. Yanks or Sox will take that.

Twins will not make a push without getting another starting pitcher or bullpen help. Just going to glide around the 5 and 7 game mark the rest of the season.