• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

are the sturgeon biting?

was up from 4/17-4/18 started off needing 11 oz of weigh, but when we left you could have gotten away with 6-7oz. the bite is getting better as each day goes by.

Can anyone tell me do sturgeon feed at night as well and do they have a great sence of smell?

Can anyone tell me do sturgeon feed at night as well and do they have a great sence of smell?

I have only fished for them at night a couple times on the Rainy and it was last fall, but I did very well all but one time.

On the St Croix, I only fish for them at night.

They have a GREAT sense of smell.

The sturgeon bite has been a little slow ,with that being said, we are getting some nice fish.I have sturgy guys in yesterday they got a 59 incher,and a 55 incher.

They also said they saw a huge fish get caught,over 70 inches.

The river is still running fast but has dropped some.

What I found when the conditions are like this, is to get as close to shore as you can,still staying in the deeper holes ,the fish seem to hug the shore.

BB1