• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Fork River status???

Anybody have a status report on the Fork rivers. IF those open up this weekend it could get ugly...Johnny P and guys to the north have any info???

thanks,

mr

I could be wrong, but based on what I've read about river fishing eyes, and watched a couple videos, I think it would be better to fish just downstream from where the rivers come in. The water will be warmer, which should attract fish. Also, right where the river comes in, there will be a slack in the downstream current, making a nice place for the eyes to camp.

I'm coming up Friday night. If I am wrong, someone please correct me so that I don't waste what little time I'll have up there Saturday and Sunday.

Just got home and clarity was 12"-15" when we left around 7:30pm, so still good. Something may have let loose Tuesday night but nothing serious. There was quite a bit of debris this morning, but it was mostly gone by the end of the day.

LegalFisher it’s actually colder water coming out of the forks. Bog generated water is very cold year round; it is actually the reason Upper Red Lake doesn't fry every summer. Now the colder water is not really the problem what is the problem is the massive amount of yuck that comes out of the forks systems. We are talking a chocolate milk mix with everything from moss to small aspen trees rolling along the river bottom. The walleyes shut down 100% and the sturgeon still bite but you have to clear the junk of your line every couple minutes and the line never really sits on the bottom well. It clears up in a week or two but by that time walleye season has closed and us sturgeon guys take over the river.

Forks are holding tight as of 6PM last night. Wand from the looks of it, they should be fine for a few days yet

Thanks Jonny. Good to know. I didn't realize it was bog water coming in.

For future fishing, is my theory correct if it's clean spring type water that's entering the river?

Good to know. I'm headed up today and Will be fishing my heart out by this time tomorrow, rain or shine. Got the rain gear and ice armor packed. I absolutely love fishing the rainy this time of yr! Hopefully the rain will weed out some of the weekend warriors and leave only the diehards grin

[PoorWordUsage].

Yes unless they open up the "water stopping device with gates" in I falls.

Shame on you Jonny P. this is a family friendly site. laugh

"Water stopping device with gates" - good stuff.

I even tried spelling it both ways and even put a beaver in front of it, just kept kicking it onto the naughty list. grin