• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

River Jigs?

MJCatfish

Question

I was just wondering if anyone has a favorite river jig. I have used the regular round head and aspirin head jigs.
I've even twisted off the props on Whistler jigs, but this can get expensive. I would like to be able to fish medium to fast current with a jig that isn't 1/2 ounce or bigger. Does anyone have a unique jig that they like to use under the above conditions? (for walleyes) Thanks in advance.

MJ

2 answers to this question

MJ, that's a good question.
I'd like to see answer, I have same problem.
When I fish Mississippi, if I don't get close to a Downrigger Cannonball I cant bounce on bottom.

One thing I know for sure, use very thin line, since it will be pushed from current also, and this doesn't help.

Val

walleye1.gif

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 03-20-2002).]

I have had the same problem finding a jig that will cut through the current and allow you to fish with a lighter jig when the eyes are biting light.I am thinking of trying some darter head jigs.They have bullet shaped heads that look like they will cut the current well.
Like Valv said I try to use the thinnest line possible to help cut the current.Braids in 8lb test work well and increase your sensitivity.