• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tackle Boxes and Gear.

Thought it would be nice to hear what guys are bringing with them when fishing from shore.

I don't want to lug around my whole box and carry stuff I don't need,so I've set up a bucket with just shore stuff. It works slick. A trout vest is part of the bucket and comes in handy as well, I'll use it if I'm going to do lots of walking. If needed I can put fish in the pail and all my stuff in the vest. For tackle, I use the smaller Plano boxes filled with what I need. I'll carry only one rod with 2 spools of line for the reel, but have another rod in the truck.

I just have a small bag for my gear not to heavy to drag around, if my trucks close just leave it in there. I only shore fish early spring,once the lakes get ice free and start warming I live in my boat till ice up....

I use a bucket with a garden caddy and a sit & spin lid plus carry a back-pack. The caddy has pockets for tools and a few small boxes

bucket1.jpg

bucket2.jpg

I usually put in a bit of hike to my spots and I just use a backpack with a handful of plano boxes inside. Plenty of extra pockets for a water bottle, tools, etc. Plus it leaves my hands free to carry rods, minnow buckets, or a net.

I also bring a fold up camping chair or small camping stool to sit on.

Sorry, I dont know how to shrink the photo once on photo bucket.

Got this chair in Texas when we had to walk out on the jetty and now use it all the time whe I am not in the boat.

Right side has cooler for 4 waters, sandwich, a ziplock with leaches and a bit of ice. Just in front of it has a pocket I put the zip cotainers with Gulp and other assorted plastics.

DSC01017.jpg

I pulled the cooler up so you can see just under that is the rod holder on the frame

DSC01019.jpg

Left side has two large pockets for plano boxes of baits and lures and a water bottle holder

DSC01018.jpg

and the whole thing packs up with padded shoulder straps as a backpack. The shoulder straps double as arm pads on the solid arm rests.

DSC01016.jpg

Also carry a 5 gallon bucket with bucket boss like pictured in the entry above that is loaded with other essentials including a collapsing net.

Bought 2 of these chairs and can no longer find them...really bummed out as I would like to get a few as gifts for some fishing buddies that try to steal mine all the time.

Cool chair, I tried searching for something like it but came up empty. Is there a name or manufacture on it?

Cool chair, I tried searching for something like it but came up empty. Is there a name or manufacture on it?

No identifying marks on it at all. I will have to get back to you once we open the cabin for the summer. My other chair is out there and stored in the original box, and that does have a name on it. Send me a PM with your contact info.

P.S. The seat has a bit of a wide body. About 3 or 4 inches wider than my fold up stadium chair. Nice for hunting out of a ground blind when you have lots of clothing on as I don't get pinched at the thighs.

P.S.S. Dutch, not insinuating anything heresick that info was for the "other" anglers reading this thread smile

The FishLocker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to wear a fly vest when hiking/fishing streams, rivers, and lakes from shore. Even when I was using gear and not fly. The more I fished, the more I realized I hate wearing a fly vest! So, I made the switch to this method.

1) Lanyard around my neck with a fly box, clippers, hemostats, and a bottle opener (100% necessary). It also has a place for me to add some tippet spools, and will carry my net/magnet release clip deal. It clips to your shirt too so it's not swinging all over when you walk/cast.

2) North Face Surge backpack/daypack. I am able to carry 3 fly rod cases, my reels, 2-4 plano boxes full of flies, 3 fly boxes that I stock for each trip, compass, more tools (heavier duty pliers, knives, extra line, etc). I can even keep my DSLR and case in there, with a few lenses.

I've been using this method like I said for the past month or two, and it's worked extremely well - whether I'm shore fishing, or in the kayak. Hiking through the bush... I had free hands. Which is great for that time you stumbled upon a black bear bathing in the same pool you had intended to fish.... heh. Bear mace is a good thing to have, thank the baby jesus I didn't have to use it!

816BF998-7FD0-4678-B547-8CEDED792F1C-168

All the other pics I have with it open have beer and stuff in it. I'll try to post some more over the weekend.

• 1 month later...

i really like my belly pack for shore fishing. i find that the more gear i bring, the less i use. my pack can carry two to three 5x7" or 4x6" plano boxes. you can find them in the fly fishing department of a BPS or something similar.

I travel light. Usually just a small tacklebox with two tiny Plano's in it and two poles. Key is to stay mobile, thats what shore fishing is all about. Keep your options open for multiple species. I bring an ultralight for panfish and a med action for pike,bass,walleye. Cover ground and try new lakes. Walk as much ground as possible and you will find yourself in some pretty cool spots no one else knows about. Carrying a small flip saw doesn't hurt either for the impenetrable spots, could be the gateway to shore fishing heaven.

• 1 month later...

I use the All-in-one Fishing Gear Storage system. It includes 3 unique RodMaster Mounting Systems for your garage/shed, boat and dock • custom-made RodMaster Cover with 3 large pockets for extra supplies • 2-light LED headband headlight for night fishing...watch video here