• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AUGER ENGINE SPEED

Question

IS THERE ANY DANGER OF RUINING AN AUGER ENGINE BY TURNING THE SPEED UP HIGHER THAN THE FACTORY PRESET. ITS A STRIKEMASTER LASERMAG 3 HP AND I HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH THE WAY IT HAS BEEN RUNNING UNTIL I TURNED THE SPEED UP BUT THE BOOK SAYS NOT TO DO IT.

1 answer to this question

one of buddies bought the same auger and has had nothing but problems with it. The main problem is the Epa. I am a friend of the owner of strikemaster. They have had nothin but complaints about the 3 horse engines. Its just the way the epa makes them adjust the carb. In the past year the Epa has made strikemaster run the 3 horse engine leaner. in previous models, you could still readjust the carb richer. The epa cracked down and made strikemaster make it so it couldn't be adjusted to run richer. i dont think you metioned what year yours was but you may be able to adjust yours to run richer. I would advise you to take the engine in and have them do it in big lake. They're really good about being honest and making sure you're happy with youir strikemaster product. When I was in there last We were told to sell the thing. And buy a 2 horse. if you cant get it the way you want it, Id advise you to do the same. Those 3 horse beasts are nothin but trouble.