• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Lida Ice/Fishing Reports

well, looks like I wont be the only one heading out in the morning. I have never ice fished Lida before so it should be interesting. Guess I will start near the village and go from there. I'll take the snowmobile out with a portable so if you see a tan arctic cat and base camp thermal, stop by and say hi. Coffee will be hot smile Smitty

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gillhunter2

• spinnerboy

• icefishingdude

• Reno

I got the day off tomorrow, so what the heck, think I'll see ya guys out there. I'll be driving a Green Tahoe with muddin' tires on it. Feel free to swing by and say hi, I'll do the same.

Got out to the lake late am, ran into some of the regular posters here at the access, good putting face to names..(By the way Good Luck on Lake Winnipeg)

Fishing was tuff for me today, Auger was dull (that didn't help matters), so did not drill too many holes, found sunnies very sluggish and on the small side, a few crappies that were nice, but few and far between..all went back, did not feel like cleaning fish tonight...drove out okay, but had to go around flooded area, will probably stay off for a few days until cold weather passes..even got visited by the Friendly Game warden...

Steve

I got out a lot later than I had planned but did make it about 1:30. Set up on the NW edge of the village. Only 1 fish on minnows but had constant action on mostly small sunnies with waxies. Had to leave at 4:30 so I wasnt able to see if the crappies picked up toward dark. Tried several presentations and a gold genz bug had the most aggressive bites. Kept 3 crappies over the slot and 6 sunnies all at the 8" mark. Overall a good trip and I too had a visit from the friendly warden.

I got a visit too! Well I got out on the lake about 2:00 or so, found Peter and the guys and drilled me a line of holes and teased some gils into biting, but they were picky and I only caught a few. Caught a ton of those little perch though, and then at 4:30 I was offered to bail in someone's hard house so I took advantage of it, I started picking up a few crappies, I caught 6, 2 of them were over 13" so I just chucked em back and kept 4 in the 11.5 to 12" range. First time fishing that lake and I was impressed.

full-11084-4965-dsc_0163.jpg

Its an awesome fishery. Hope a combination of dnr and knowledgeable fisherman can sustain it. Nice job leech on the release of those fish. In another year or 2 it will truly become a trophy crappie fishery if guys like leech keep releasing 13 inchers! Thanks.

Was back on Lida visiting family today. Took the sled for a spin around Lida. I have never seen such flooding. Ran into slush everywhere. If you have a house out there, better check it before it gets frozen in place. Crazy..

Went out today from 1pm to about 6pm. The fishing was really slow. I was in 20 fow and marked a lot of fish but could not get many to bite. I did get 2 keeper gills. The flooding wasn't too bad as long as you stay near the plowed road. Now I have to vent a little. To the guy that managed to back into my Blazer on the middle of a frozen lake THANK YOU. So i was fishing in the north end of all the houses at the time I was about the only person in the area and my Blazer was sitting in the open out of the way(off the road). I noticed a guy drive past me about 5 or 6 time in about a half hour. Well the guy came back by again and stopped near my Blazer. I watched as he backed up and pulled forward a few times, so now this truck is about 20 feet from my blazer and both of our back bumpers are facing each other. Another guy walked over and talked to the guy in the truck for a few mins. When that guy went back to his truck, I watched the truck parked behind my blazer go into reverse and slam right into my blazer. I walked over to my blazer and saw a dent about the size of a silver dollar and missing paint where the guys trailer hitch slammed into my bumper. Now its not the damage that I was all that upset about its that the guy said "I am glad I had my hitch on so nothing happened to my truck." COME ON!!! Like I said its not the damage I was worried about so I told the guy it was fine and I could just touch it up with some touch up paint, but come on pay attention to what is going on. It would have been a better day if I could have caught some crappies but there is always another day.

Justin

Well that's your problem right there: you're too nice. I'd have taken his insurance info on the spot! That guy sounds like a Grade A Moron, if you ask me.

Well that's your problem right there: you're too nice. I'd have taken his insurance info on the spot! That guy sounds like a Grade A Moron, if you ask me.

I would agree just too nice idiots like need to get a wake up call. I mean come on park somewhere else like the rest of the lake.

Anyone have any info on the road out towards the village.......went out the other night and had quite the time making it back in....was hoping someone would hit it with a plow....

Still very sketchy for that trail around the slush pocket. A good 4x4 is definately needed to get to the big city. Oh, and the fishing was pretty bad last night out there. Only managed 2 bluegills and 4 other missed opportunities. Really didn't mark a whole lot on the Vex either.

Anyone know when the Jaycees derby is?? Normally has it around Jan 31st but haven't heard any specific date for this year.

Dude, a friend is in my house as I type this report. He said the road to the village was in good shape and plowed around parts of the village. He got off the road and blazed a trail right to the front door of the house. No problems. As of 6:30 they had 6 keeper slabs and several bass and slimers. Missed more than they caught!

That's one of the dates I've heard.. Another was the 12th and already have tickets for the Sertoma derby in Alexandria. character00115.gif

Will see you on the ice on the 29th..

Anybody go out today or tonight towards the village or past? Trying to decide if its worth it to try and fish either tonight or sunday....would really like to try and head past the village....

I will be out sat eve to give it a try in the crappie village. Not sure if it possible to get around the lake without a plowed road. Will report late sat or sun am. Good luck to all!

Just wundering if anyone knows much about the rules for the derby? Is there a limited area, can you use a portable, or anything else a person should know prior to showing up. Thanks.

Out Friday night. Bite slowed after 7. Couple of slabs near 14 inch mark. Released. Fish there all night but trouble coaxing them. Kept 5. Enough for a meal.

Didn't have a problem. Noticed some guys going way south breaking a trail. Went cross country myself to check it out. 4 wheel needed for cross country but road to village and clay point passsible by anything.

Thanks for the update....thinking of trying it tommarrow afternoon and evening if the storm holds out....not really in the mood to get drifted in again and spend another 4 hrs shoveling off the lake....

i dont know when the road blew in but saw 4 different trucks at different times and a fish house stuck in the road to crappie village today. I wouldnt go offroading with out a buddy to pull you back out either everything is white you cant see the drifts or the water. just what ive been seeing out there the past day or so.

As stated before, the road to the village is good the first half of the way. The second half is very poor! It is a 2 wheel path and only 1 vehicle at a time. 4wheel drive is a must! It woulddnt be possible to pull a wheelhouse on this path. I saw no flooding on trail or around my house. Fishing was poor. 2 slabs and a bass. Lots of lookers but they wouldnt bite anything I was offering to them.

I was on S. Lida today its finally froze well enough I can drive pretty much with the gator. I used the spud bar and check and there is still water under the top layer of ice so a truck may break through to the slush layer in places but its getting close to back in shape if we don't get more snow.