• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Do any of the baitshops in Baudette have shiners yet? Haven't heard if the shiners are in the river yet or even in the Gap for that matter.

Nope have'nt done the river yet, soon though. Have'nt heard much happening yet as far as Wally and Shiners go in the river.

Lake is where it's at still, banner day on Saturday in 33 fow with steady action from fish ranging from 6 to 30+ inches. Went back out to same waypoint Tuesday and it was a bust with just a few fishes caught. Spent about the last 45 mins of the day off of Pine in 18fow on a spot that always gives up fish in the fall, water was quite dirty, no bait schools showing on graph and one puny Sauger came over the side!

Any day now them Shiners should moving in and the Wally's will be hot on their tails!!

Regards... fiskyknut

Fisky can you shoot me a e-mail when they do. I want to make sure I time it when they are just past the gap or by the wind sock. Not many places to stay on the river now that the dutchmans isnt open. frown

Hey guys, I have been out 5-6 times in the last few weeks. The curent was really strong the last few times out. Fishing has been hit are miss at least for me. Unfortunalty I dont have my boat and im using a little 14 ft so I cant run and gun. Tue we started in 21 ft and got a bunch of little ones so moved shallow and picked up some nice 14-27 in fish. I did see some small shiners in the river by a few docks but nothing serious.Hope this helps and I think I will bring my boat up this next week hopefully get on the lake. Any recomendations ? I have never fished the lake so no idea where to start.

Thanks and good luck

the river is at 54.1now but it has gone up since last week it was at 51 but i think after this weekend it should be on the down fall but i think next mid week its going to be in the 70

I'm just chomping at the bit to get up there.

I usually go starting mid Oct. Hopefully, no early snowstorms

i just read on the lake of the woods forum that steve (aka lakowoods) at log cabin bait has shiners right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up to fish the river this weekend. Any current information on where/whether someone has emerald shiners would be appreciated. I believe that Lucky's bait is closed... or has this re-opened under new ownership?

If anyone can share their recent fishing experience near the church between Vidas and Frontier it would be greatly appreciated. We have fished that area in the past falls with moderate success. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I just heard there's nothing but pinheads in the baitshops. Is this not correct? Inside intel said the big shiners have not run up the river yet.