Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Random guy

Tis the season

Random guy

To start thinking about this fall and Minnesota bear hunting. Applications should come out in the next couple weeks for the fall season and I am already excited up to get the baits and cameras out.

nik

Jonny P-

I have seen your web page and it looks like you run a good operation. Out of curiosity, what zones do set up for bear hunts? I am not sure if my hunting partner will be able to do bears this year and if he punts, I might be interested in using your services.

Random guy

I luck out as I am sitting on the corner of three zones. 13,41 & 12. I am mainly in area 13 with my secondary as area 41 and I have some sites in 12 but it is never as good as 13 and 41.

hookset

Jonny P, have you herd of any one getting there age/info back yet on last years bears. if not when can i expect it?

Random guy

Oh ya lots of guys get info back im just not sure when the DNR sends it out. Hmmm something for me to look into.

mrklean

i cant wait myself i think my dad and i are gonna apply for the first time this year, he knows a guide up by duluth area.

Nightcrawler

jonny p have you had much trouble with bears with cameras? have two cameras thought of using them this year.

lakeshoremunster

So who on here has already stocked up on there bear wait, and what are you guys going to use for bait.

I have already started to start my stock pile right at the end of last years season but only have a small amount so far from saving table scraps and overdue food that was on its way to the trash.

Boar

I still have about a ton of pasteries an grease from last year an just got a shipment of doughnuts to put in grease. Already getting excited. Boar

Boar

Man, weird. Just finished polishing of a swiss bear steak I prepared today with a new recipie I found in my bear mag. The best I've eating. Mouthwatering, cant wait to stock the freezer again. Boar

lakeshoremunster

Boar, if you dont mind me asking

were do you get your shipment of doughnuts from.

I used to have a friend that worked at a holiday gas station and he would bring me the throw awayones but now he cant.

I contacted some places and they wont sell me their throw aways because they think I am going to eat it, even though I told them the purpose of items.

Random guy

jonny p have you had much trouble with bears with cameras? have two cameras thought of using them this year.

Get a bear box for your camera! Bears love cameras. I have many shots of bear licking cameras, clawing cameras, pushing on cameras and every year at least one gets busted up somehow no matter how tough the box is.

Boar

Hit your local grocery store, if I were I go an ask now cause the compition will start to heat up, it good to know someone that works there, but I'd certainly start looking now. Some bakery attendants only save pasteries for a certain few, but if you get in early enough, you can score before the regulars start to grinch it all. Good luck. hears a trick, the best way to preserve pasteries an bread is to get either 5 gal. buckets with lids, or a rubbermade tough 32 gal. garbage can. Stuff all your pasteries in an pour in throw out deep fryer grease. Man I tell you its awsome stuff cause the grease an sugars carmelize into a candy type gooey chewy bear heaven of treats. They love the stuff. Best thin g is it preserves the pasteries an bread indefinately. You can store left overs for many seasons. 5 gal. buckets with lids work great cause it just grab an go. Later boar

mrklean

when will the 2010 info and apps be posted any idea?

remington 300

the dnr site says early april, so pretty soon it looks like.apps due in buy

may 7th.

Random guy

Countdown to get those applications in! I get more anxious about the drawing then I do the hunt! crazy

mrklean

when do you find out if you got drawn or not?

Random guy

Sometime after the DNR's application deadline they will post the results via the web AND will mail out notifications. Normaly by June.

mrklean

sweet i dont know if i can wait that long laugh

Random guy

Looks like hunter numbers will be down this year, many outdoors poeple just don't have the funds for bear hunting this year or the time to bait. I even had a couple cancelations already due to guys working two jobs or no work at all...and one group that is not happy about wedding plans. Hope the drawing results show better percentages for the ones that did apply being the overall application numbers may be down.

mrklean

thats never good news i wonder if deer numbers will change at all???

Random guy

I think deer numbers will be the same, bear hunting takes alot of time and money to do anymore; items alot of folks just don't have in this economy. Heck I'm glad Im sitting on a 3,000lb stockpile of bait.

hookset

I am dying to see if me or my girls were drawn. Cant wait to get my info back on last years bear. Should be any day now.