Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
scsavre

NCAA Hockey - Who is going?

scsavre

So these 9 teams are in win or loose for the most part? Maybe?

1. Huntsville (at large)

2. AHA (At large)

3. Denver (Advanced WCHA)

4. Miami (Game 3 CCHA)

5. Wisconsin (Advanced WCHA)

6. Boston College (advanced HE)

7. North Dakota (Game 3 WCHA

8. Yale (Game 3 east)

9. St Cloud (Game 3 WCHA)

Here are the bubble teams; For every upset, one of these dissapears starting at 16. Note, Four of the top teams are in the 3rd game.

10. Bemidji (lost CHA)

11. Cornell (advanced east)

12. Mich State (Lost CCHA)

13. New Hampshire (game 3)

14. Alaska (game 3)

15. Ferris State (advance CCHA)

16. UMD (Game 3 WCHA)

17. CC (Game 3 WCHA)

It doesnt look real good for UMD and CC with any more upsets if they dont make the WCHA final.

Unranked Notables still around

Gophers

Mankato

Ohio

Brown

Quin

Union

Verm

Maine

MAss

Merri

BU

cbrooks

Good list Scott. I think tonights CC UMD game decides who goes on playing between those two teams unless Mankato or Minnesota take the Final Five tourney. I don't see there being more than 4 teams in the NCAA. So I guess in short there's one spot left for a WCHA team and these four teams are battling each other for it. Anyone agree or disagree?

Jarrod32

You show Michigan State losing in the CCHA tourney; they were the 2-seed and they lost to Michigan. Michigan was hovering around the #16 mark in the pairwise, and now only Denver, Miami, and Wisconsin have more wins than Michigan in NCAA Division 1. Michigan needs to be on the radar for taking one of the tournament spots...and almost certainly if they beat Ferris State in the CCHA tourney next weekend.

As for CC and UMD; the winner today isn't automatically in (though if the winner of that series wins the play-in game next weekend, they should be in)...but the loser today will almost certainly be out.

Jarrod32

Good list Scott. I think tonights CC UMD game decides who goes on playing between those two teams unless Mankato or Minnesota take the Final Five tourney. I don't see there being more than 4 teams in the NCAA. So I guess in short there's one spot left for a WCHA team and these four teams are battling each other for it. Anyone agree or disagree?

If you assume St. Cloud is in, and they probably need to win today to secure that; then you have your four WCHA teams: Denver, Wisconsin, North Dakota, St. Cloud. I don't know how far North Dakota would drop if they were to lose today, but probably not far enough to drop out. St. Cloud, should they lose, could fall out.

cbrooks

OK, I was in the thinking that SCSU is safe no matter what. I guess there more of a maybe.

gofishingtom

denver,north dakota,wisconsin,scsu,bemidji,miami,bc are all safe no matter what happens..yale can still be eliminated

cbrooks

I hope UND doesn't go in the same region as Boston College. These guys have own us the last few times we face off in NCAA tourney.

Jmnhunter

Gophers and BSU are done aren't they?

archerystud

The Gophs are out. BSU is currently 7th in the Pairwise so I would think they are in at this point. The cutoff is usually 11 or 12 with the automatic bids so I think BSU should stay above that.

solbes

Updated Pairwise 1-16 with schedules for next week:

1 Denver - WCHA Final 5

2 Miami - CCHa Semi

3 Wisconsin - WCHA Final 5

4 Boston College - Hockey East Semi

4 North Dakota - WCHA Final 5

4 St Cloud State - WCHA Final 5

7 Bemiji State - Off

8 Ferris State - CCHA Semi

8 Cornell - ECAC Semi

10 Yale - Off

11 Minnesota Duluth - WCHA Final 5

11 Northern Michigan - CCHA Semi

13 Alaska - Off

14 Vermont - Hockey East Semi

15 New Hampshire - Off

16 Michigan - CCHA semi

UMD is in as of now, but really needs a win over UND to cement it. Big help this past weekend from Northern Michigan sweeping Alaska, Brown taking 2 of 3 from Yale, and Michigan State taking 2 of 3 from New Hampshire.

I'm rooting for Miami to win their tourney, Cornell to win their tourney, and BC to win their tourney. The less auto bids the better.

scsavre

Dont forget to add Huntsville and AHA team.

So only 14 more teams can make it.

Maybe 1 - 8 are safe. There are 4 tournys with ranked teams still playing plus AHA.

So Huntsville + AHA + 4 tourny bids, + top 8 teams = 14. 2 spots open, plus add a spot to fight for, for every non upset.

I put Duluth in for sure if they win, and Yale already lost, so drop them out. Its gonna be between, Ferris, NMIch UMD and of coarse the league will force in an undeserving East team, New hMP OR Vermont. Cause they need a team at Albany and Worchester

scsavre

So where does everyone land

Miami lost to Michigan

Ferris state lost to NorthMich

Vermont lost to BC

Duluth lost to Sue

So is UMD out? I just hope they dont squeeze Yale in. Hopefully Union losses to Cornel so we dont see them either.

Dare I say that North Dakota could get a number this year? Maybe eve be at the xcel. Im sure the league will skrew over the WCHA.

cbrooks

They usually announce the NCAA brackets Sunday morning sometime. I'll try to find the time and put it up or if anybody else finds it post it on here.

I'm guessing UND will get #1 seed if they win but if Miami loses to Ferris st that can hurt them, I think. I'm pretty sure Denver is #1 seed no matter what. SDSU has to win to be #1 seed but at worst #2 seed. I don't know if I hold out hope for UMD making it.

scsavre

Can you imagine if

Denver #1 overall

Miami #1 seed

wisc#1 seed

NoDak/St Cloud #1 seed

WCHA would be looking pretty good as far as being spread out among the regions.

Brooks, are you STP?

cbrooks

Brooks, are you STP?

What?

I always figured UND's pairwise was high due to the fact they tied Miami(OH) and there ranking depended on how well they did.

mr_jman

The selection show is on ESPN 2 at 10:30AM on Sunday, March 21st. Almost positive on that unless it was 10:30 Eastern but pretty sure channel is correct!

PierBridge

They need Michigan to lose for sure otherwise it's lights out for the Dogs I do believe.

Shorelunch

IF DU and UND wins today/tonight, UND gets a #1.

For Duluth, they need (from USCHO):

Miami over Ferris

NMU over Michigan

Alabama Huntsville already has a spot.

Sacred Heart or RIT will take one.

If Union wins they take a slot, so Cornell has to win, leaving UMD at #14 and only two autobids stealing spots.

scsavre

Miami

Denver

Wis

BC

STP region

wisc vs Vermont

Cloud vs N Mich

scsavre

Am I going to have to watch Nodak loose to BC, I dont know who I hate less.

mr_jman

Ft Wayne Indiana

Miami (1) v Alabama Huntsville on ESPNU 4pm - Saturday

Bemidji State v Michigan on ESPN syndicate/360 7:30pm - Saturday

Worcester MA

North Dakota v Yale ESPN Syndicate/360 5pm - Saturday

Alaska Fairbanks v Boston College (4)

St Paul, MN

Wisconsin (3) v Vermont on ESPNU 9pm - Friday

St Cloud v N. Michigan on ESPN syndicate/360 - 5:30pm Friday

Albany NY

Cornell v New Hampshire