Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BEEGONE

Snow/no snow report

BEEGONE

Looking for a little info on the amount of snow on the ice as of today. I am comming up again and looking to drive off the roads. I know on vermilion you can drive anywhere as the warm temps/rain killed all of our snow. Just wondering how much is out there now. I know last weekend there was still about 8" or so.

Thanks in advance.

Guru57

I'm headed up today and people I talked to said there's as much as a foot of water on the roads but just a few inches of slush/snow/water when you get off road. It can vary though.

NAMASafetyDirector

The snow that's left on the ice is all slush. All you do is sink through the slush down to the ice which is covered in anywhere from 2 to as much as 16 inches of water. Was out around Springsteel yesterday and drove through water the whole way! There are spots where there is not water standing but it's pretty much a big slush hole right now. So plan on lots of water and slush...bring your knee boots! On the bright side the fishing is awesome right now from the reports I have been getting. Be safe and take it slow and easy and you should still be able to put together a nice trip!!

vman11

From the resorts I spoke to it sounds pretty sloppy on the lake.

For the most part it sounds like trucks are still going out and are still pulling houses. One resort mentioned that it was pretty tough going with a snowmobile and sled because of the increased drag from the slush.

It sounds like trucks are still and option and ATV's as a second option - hopefully somebody has some first-hand input regarding snowmobiles and other travel today.

leech~~

The snow that's left on the ice is all slush. All you do is sink through the slush down to the ice which is covered in anywhere from 2 to as much as 16 inches of water. Was out around Springsteel yesterday and drove through water the whole way! There are spots where there is not water standing but it's pretty much a big slush hole right now. So plan on lots of water and slush...bring your knee boots! On the bright side the fishing is awesome right now from the reports I have been getting. Be safe and take it slow and easy and you should still be able to put together a nice trip!!

Also watch for the whirlpools and the larger holes they will open up! wink

Johnsonator

Just talked with my dad who is on the lake right now. They are using atv's and said that snowmobiles look like jetskis with all of the slush and water. He said there is no place a 4x4 atv can't go right now most spots have hardly any snow. Where he is at there was a few inches of standing water when they started fishing but most of it drains down the holes. I am leaving in the mornning cant wait.

lungdeflator

What about on land?

Walleye11123

Who runs these forums? I had a couple posts yesterday on current conditions and they magically disappeared. So I guess the resorts want you to post "all is good everyone head to LOTW". Good ice and lots of FISH!

vman11

A moderator might have deleted it since your ice report didn't really line up.

heartattack22

Just talked to Shamrock7...Lots of ice still, close to the same we had 3 weeks ago. You just don't have the snow on top of the ice to deal with. About 6 inches of standing water where they are at out of Morris Point.