Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
BottomPounder

Loon Lake Fishing Reports - (by lake crystal)

BottomPounder

Has anybody heard about the guys that got caught spearing walleyes on loon lake. Just looking for any details.

mnhunter79

Didnt hear anything about it! Seems pretty hard to do when the water is as dirty as it is, unless the fish were on the surface?

Scott M

If its anything more than rumor its certain to be in the C.O. reports at the DNR website or in the Outdoor News or Outdoors Weekly.

BottomPounder

I heard they were in the NE bay called piersons bay. A close by homeowner heard a chainsaw late night and went to check it out. He asked them what they were doing and they said spearing carp. He said [PoorWordUsage] opened there cooler and it was chuck full of eyes! Then he pulled the keys on there snomobile and called the police. Also heard the were well known locals. Hope they throw the whole book at them.

tori's dad

Well, they were busted. Believe it or not the DNR was too busy to respond but the local Sheriff's Office did and they were cited. His excuse was "they are going to die this year anyway, so whats the big deal". I know the deputy threw the book at him but I'm sure it will be a slap on the wrist in court as is normal in most cases.

zepman

That's crazy...Do these cases eventually get turned over to a DNR officer? Just wondering if a loss in fishing/hunting priveledges or gear used while doing this would become an issue?

How is the O2 out on Loon anyway?

tori's dad

Zepman, the O2 level is very low on Crystal and Loon. Yes the case is turned over to the CO's with the decision to pull priveledges for a year. I dont believe the spear used was confiscated in this case.

cribbageboy

The case would have been turned over to the DNR immediately. The Sheriff probably just held the guy until a CO got there. A sheriff can't give out a citation for stuff like this. Just like a CO cant enforce city ordinances.

BottomPounder

I was out to the lake yesterday and seen where all this went on. They did it in two different places where tile were running into the lake. The DNR should make them go back and pick up the 600 to 1000 spearded carp that are laying on the ice.

tori's dad

The case was turned over to the CO's, the spears were confiscated and Cribageboy- I am a deputy sheriff and have personally issued many citations for game and fish infractions such as this one- it is all state law and any law enforcement officer can write them but we always turn stuff over to the CO's in these cases when possible.

Chimp

cribage boy check your facts. you are off by a mile! Ryan

Jesse Drummer

WOW! I guess the eyes were "going" out there. smile jk

zepman

Well, I guess it's a good thing that at least we know some walleyes are still swimming out there. Hope this thaw helps out on any lakes that really needed a kick in th O2 levels.

BottomPounder

I wonder if this will make the cuffs and collars section in the outdoor news?

Brad B

when did this incident happen?

tori's dad

March 2nd around noon.

Phred52

It appears that it did make Outdoor News. The writeup is kinda vague and the lake isn't named. It's in the Mankato district.

NTW

Have names of those involved been released?

Phred52

I haven't heard any names myself. Another poster must know who it is, as they stated that 'they' are familiar to the law.

merkman

Believe it or not the DNR was too busy to respond but the local Sheriff's Office did and they were cited.

How much longer will we as sportsmen stand for this?

We need to find ways to get more CO's out in the field!!