Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleLunger

Sturgeon

DoubleLunger

When does the best fishing for these monsters start out in front of the Wigwam?

marine_man

Right about the time of the HSO Sturgeon Excursion!

Check out the details here:

HSO Sturgeon Excurions

The weekend planned for this get together is usually about the earliest you can get on the river after ice out. However, the next 2 or 3 weeks after that you can usually pick up good numbers of sturgeon as well.

marine_man

wetaline1

Does anyone try and target sturgeon through the ice?

I'd kind of like to give it a try

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Tony S
      Headed up this weekend for the first trip of the fall.  Thinking about fishing the lake with all the good reports from there, but has anybody been up to Clementson, Frontier or Birchdale  areas recently that could give a report?  Thanks.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      VG, Good bite most days now! All minnows for me. jigs or lindys. Chubs, shiners, and pike suckers. Found walleyes from 8' to 40' yesterday. Cliff
    • MinnowBuckets
      Thanks for chiming in and sharing how the river has been treating you lately. They sure are fun to catch. I am hoping to get out again this weekend for some more smallie action. Hopefully they are still near where I was able to find them last weekend....
    • Coleman
      I fish pretty much exclusively above the Sartell dam.  I normally try to hit it 2-3 times per week.  Over the last 3 weeks, I thought the fishing was down right ridiculous(even with the crazy high water) at times, 12-20 fish in a hour or two before sunset.  I found them right up on the bank, and of course in slower moving water.  There are a few spots north of the dam that are great places for high water.  Some larger areas where the water can swirl around and create backwash.  In fact, I'll point my boat down right and put spot lock on, because the water is flowing back up river, and just cast parallel with the bank.  Most of the time I'll throw a Scatter rap, then when I see a fish chasing bait, I'll throw out a wacky rig.   I went out last weekend to a spot I've been hitting, and the fish have diminished big time.  Caught 6 in a couple hours.  Then I went out last night, and caught one walleye.   So, with that in mind I figured they had to of gone to the deeper rock piles.  And, sure enough, I caught 2 just before sunset, then I headed in.   If you have SI, just drive down or up river and look for large groups of rock piles.  Go up river from them, and try and do a controlled drift over the rocks.  I normally use a jig and a tube.  And there's no mistaken them when they hit.   Even a few eyes mixed in every once in a while.  
    • VermilionGold
      Headed up for one last weekend of open water fishing.  Anyone been out this week, how’s the bite?
    • bbfenatic
      Marcum keeps designing great new products...this is almost a must have for anyone with any Marcum unit. I ordered one for my LX-7, all the features plus a smaller/lighter battery that gives more hours in between charges.....swweeeet!    
    • HugeHogChaser
      $575   -quick release plate 
      -Minnkota power drive bow mount 
      -80lb thrust, 24V
      -60 inch shaft
      -built in transducer 
      -plug/cord to connect fish finder to trolling motor 
      -foot pedal 
      -autopilot 
      -INCLUDED: 2 12v interstate marine battery's new as of June 2017. Fully charged and stored on trickle charger after each use. I'll even throw in the battery tender trickle charger for free.
    • Moneyfinancial locgic
      We gives out both business and personal cash no collateral required. term cash of all amounts I think you have come to the right place. We offer Cash at low interest rate of 3%. Interested people should please contact us on For immediate respond application Contact us via email moneyfinancial.locgic@gmail.com  
    • Yellowstone
      Ditto. I switched to a 3 inch shell in #2 shot. I missed a few wood ducks this morning but got one teal. Not bad for the WMA I was hunting. 2 ducks would be great. 3-4 like you won the lottery. Saw plenty of action but it was fast moving wood ducks out of range. Geese never showed. And you can't shoot trumpeter swans! There were plenty of those. Let my boy sleep in this morning. Tomorrow we'll hit the more pressured lake. I saw at least one person setting up on it this morning on my drive to the WMA. The nice thing about that - when you're almost certain you'll be the only one there - is that you can roll in not long before shooting time if it doesn't take you long to set up.
    • Bigfatbert
      Hey Moose , sounds like some tough shooting as of late for you at those duckies . Just curious as to what choke you are using ?