• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chester Taylor to Bears

goblueM

From Rotoworld:

Bears agreed to terms with RB Chester Taylor on a four-year, $12.5 million contract, including $7 million guaranteed.

Matt Forte becomes a committee back, and it's believed he may even lose his starting job. Kevin Jones, who missed all of 2009 with a serious ankle injury, will likely be released. Taylor is going on age 31 and managed just 3.6 yards per carry last season, but has caught at least 41 passes in four of the last five years. He'll be the immediate favorite for passing-down duties, which is a vital role in pass-happy play-caller Mike Martz's system.

four year deal, 12.5 mill. also Vick to Panthers is reported. Big loss for Vikes big gain for Bears. They also are talkng to J. Peppers. Purple better hope AP stays healthy.

4-year $12.5M deal. How does free agency work for us this year as far as losing someone before we can sign another? Can we now go after a $12.5M free agent?

Bears are trying to get themselves a team, huh.

31 year old running back with few carries and alot of experience, never the feature back, maybe just can't remember.

He will be good for them, good luck Chester and thanks.

that was dumb are loss there gain. if they give him starting spot we are goin to be suprised. will see i guess

4-year $12.5M deal. How does free agency work for us this year as far as losing someone before we can sign another? Can we now go after a $12.5M free agent?

Yes, we can spend up to that amount for an UFA lost to another team on an UFA of our own. I am torn on this--love Taylor, but he is a little long in the tooth and we can plug Harvin in on 3rd downs, too (not just in Wildcat, either). We may end up securing some D-secondary or O-line talent that we would not have otherwise because of this deal. Taylor fetched more than I thought he would, and as much as he meant to us last year, we are pretty deep on O and can move ahead more or less unscathed. Look for AP to vastly improve his ball-handling this year!

BOOOOOOO

I'm the biggest AP fan in the state, but very sorry to see him go, especially to a division rival. mad

Did I hear that they got Peppers too?

Not a good day for the Purple. They just aquired at least one loss on the schedule, maybe 2 next year.

I liked C Taylor, I would have did what I could to resign him. The only good thing is now we can get a free agent here and still have some to choose from.

Not a good day for the Purple. They just aquired at least one loss on the schedule, maybe 2 next year.

You forget who they have throwing the ball down there, DTRO.

The Bears SUCK! Taylor is an [PoorWordUsage] for signing with them, he obviously doesn't want a chance at a ring, just the Ching and Bling!

plus my lions added Vanden Bosch, Burleson, and Corey Williams

Add in Suh or McCoy and a CB like Wilson, McCourty or Robinson, and the defense is on a complete 180 from last year

woo, on the road to mediocrity!

Pretty sure that will have zero affect on Favres decision.

Im sad to see Chester go. He was rock steady.

Pretty sure that will have zero affect on Favres decision.

Im sad to see Chester go. He was rock steady.

He was a rock...and will be missed more than some may think. Congrats to him on a great deal as it will more than likely be his last. At that price, the Vikes had no choice but to wish him the best.

I see Westbrook in Purple next year as his replacement for ALOT less $$$. If he stays healthy...he's better than Chester.

I havent looked it up...i wonder how much it would cost to get Thomas Jones in town? Maybe he is going to get to much $$ to bring in to be a backup.

BOOOOOOO

I'm the biggest AP fan in the state, but very sorry to see him go, especially to a division rival. mad

Did I hear that they got Peppers too?

I believe you meant C Taylor and not AP Dtro.

I was hoping maybe Peppers might come to MN.

As long as AP can stay healthy, it maybe a ok trade but I would rather have seen him go to a non divisional team.

Not really a big loss. I liked Taylor but we have a couple guys already waiting in the wings. He was a third down back and you don't pay a 31 year old third down back $4 million a year.

Good player but easily replaced.

I'll be interested to see where they go from here. Maybe they are better off keeping an in house player like Albert Young and spending the free agent money on a safety or corner.

I would like them to find a CB in free agency, or via trade. I would like them to go offensive line in the first round, then a qb in the second, line backer in the 3rd, then defensive line 4th, and 5th. We have a couple good young RB that will step in for Taylor, I am not to concerned with that.

Kinda' sad to see him go...wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't a division rival. I wouldn't mind going after westbrook, but I think albert young will be just fine as the backup. Would definitely like to go after a good Dback with free agency, then use the 1st round pick for a D lineman (or vice versa).

Originally Posted By: dtro

You forget who they have throwing the ball down there, DTRO.

The Bears SUCK! Taylor is an [PoorWordUsage] for signing with them, he obviously doesn't want a chance at a ring, just the Ching and Bling!

hate to tell you this, but the bears just got better yesterday. and don't forget that this bears team that you say sucks was the better team on a night game last december against a particular team that is highly supported on this forum

LMAO, feel bad for anyone that didn't know this was coming! Told you last year we should of traded him atleast got something for him before he up and walks away at the end of the season.

I think this was a bigger loss than most people realize. frown

Please! Third down backs are a dime a dozen. He was a good player and a good guy but he is easily replaceable.

Originally Posted By: BRULEDRIFTER

hate to tell you this, but the bears just got better yesterday. and don't forget that this bears team that you say sucks was the better team on a night game last december against a particular team that is highly supported on this forum[/quote']

They were better for one half of two games.

Peppers made the bears better. Taylor gives them another option at runningback. I doubt these moves will cause the Vikings to lose to the bears. They have a loooong way to go before they will be contenders again.

chester taylor was a great player - yes 3rd down backs are everywhere, but generally you don't find one that has good ball security, pass blocking, AND is skilled enough to be a full time starter

chester taylor was a great player - yes 3rd down backs are everywhere, but generally you don't find one that has good ball security, pass blocking, AND is skilled enough to be a full time starter

So true...what some may forget was his ability to pick up the blitz and read defenses to anticipate where the pressure is coming from. This was not a good day as far as our q-back protection is concerned. IMO, the way our offensive line played last year, Favre doesn't make it through the season without Chester. With Martz going to the Bears and the way he likes to wing the ball around...Chester became just as an important pick-up as Peppers.

He will not be easy to replace.