Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cooter

Good luck! P4 weekend reports here!

Cooter

I'm guessing the warm weather will bring out the masses this weekend on P4. I'm heading north to ice fish rather than down there - if it hadn't been scheduled for months I'd be in Red Wing.

Good luck to all and please post stories, reports, and pics for me!

Matt C

Fished it from 7am till bout 11am. tons of boats. Brought in 4 sauger. only 2 were keepers.

River is very low with hardly any current.

Heading back again tomorrow.

goingdeep

Is there a lot less boats during the week days or is it still a zoo??

SneakAttack

Friday was a mess but is that considered a weekday or a weekend?

And that will be be my last trip to Red Wing due to the very small number of boaters that like to run full trottle all the way up to the dam and absolutly have no respect for the boats that are fishing, talked with some others on the water and they felt the same way.

I run a 14' flat-bottom and had about 10-12 boats the got within 10 yards of me full trottle, we caught fish but it isn't worth the hassle anymore, at least not to me

Mike Walerak

Fished last Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All my fish were caught dragging plastics in 13-18 FOW.

james_walleye

Hey Mike what kind of boat do you have? Im wondering if you were by us yesterday? We were in a black crestliner.

Alagnak

This time of year and through April combined with this nice weather the week is a zoo as well. I was out last wednesday to try to sneak in a little mid week and there were rigs parked 3/4 of the way up the hill at 4pm at Everts. It was a joke and just isn't any fun when its like that and having to deal with the 200 + hp motors full throttle going by you darn near swampin ya. It you're one of those then have at it and you can race on your way up to the dam. If not then a guy can just wait till an hour before dark, not too many people out after dark usually during the week.

JIvers

Originally Posted By: goingdeep

Friday was a mess but is that considered a weekday or a weekend?

And that will be be my last trip to Red Wing due to the very small number of boaters that like to run full trottle all the way up to the dam and absolutly have no respect for the boats that are fishing, talked with some others on the water and they felt the same way.

I run a 14' flat-bottom and had about 10-12 boats the got within 10 yards of me full trottle, we caught fish but it isn't worth the hassle anymore, at least not to me

This is one of the reasons I never take my 14' v-hull to Red Wing. There is plenty of good fishing downriver from Lock and Dam # 3, and far fewer boats to deal with...

Big Buck Buster

Got there late last night. Glad that I did. Traffic wasn't that bad, and most of the boats left shortly after dark. Did pretty well. Almost all the eyes that were boated were caught in 8-10 FOW vertical jigging. This was after dark, so during the day might be different.

Will be heading back again soon.

BBB

Mike Walerak

We were in a red Ranger 620.

TheWarrior

Hey BBB How many eyes did you get! Was it worth staying out in the cold? I tryed The other night till around 8 but didn't even get a bite. What time is best at night and what time do you usally fish too. Thanks for the info

Big Buck Buster

Hey BBB How many eyes did you get! Was it worth staying out in the cold? I tryed The other night till around 8 but didn't even get a bite. What time is best at night and what time do you usally fish too. Thanks for the info

It really wasn't that cold out. Brought the buddy heater along for the kids, if they got cold. We ended up boating a total of five eyes and one catfish(c&r) by the time we left. I think it was around 9:30 when we finally left. Seemed like there was one particular spot that we would constantly gets bites on, so we worked that area for a while getting the five eyes. I don't think that there is any "best time" to be out. It was pretty slow till we found the one spot.

BBB

hart0670

Went out yesterday on pool 4 - tried vertical jigging during the day but it was pretty slow. It did pick up for us right at dark though. We ended up with 13 keeper saugers between three of us, biggest at around 20", and threw back plenty of dinks. I had never been down there at dark at this time of year before, particularly on a weekend, it was incredible the number of boats that lined up to drag the WI shoreline right at dark, there must have been easily over 50, it's amazing there aren't more collisions.

Turk

Seemed like there was one particular spot that we would constantly gets bites on, so we worked that area for a while getting the five eyes.

BBB

It always does seem there are these little spots in any particular area that the fish just love. Makes fishing fun trying to hone in on these.

Gordie

It really wasn't that cold out. Brought the buddy heater along for the kids, if they got cold. We ended up boating a total of five eyes and one catfish(c&r) by the time we left.

BBB

BBB What kind of kitty cat was it flat or channel

Big Buck Buster

16" channel cat.

gunning

We did ok there sun caught 20+ saugers with 8 keepers everything came from up by the dam just jigging on a controled drift.

Riverratpete

Was down there on Saturday for the "Freeze ur Butt Tourney"..good times..good times..saw something kinda funny, in the afternoon a couple of entrepeneurs set up a gas grill in a boat to sell hotdogs and hamburgers..MAN did they smell good..too bad couldn't take anytime to get one..time is money in a contest.

Mike Walerak

I saw that. What a great idea! Had I not been in the tourney I would have been all over it! I bet they made more money than I did!

mw

Riverratpete

I hear ya there..boy did they smell good too.

TSchultz

I wonder if that grill is inspected by the FDA. grin

hotdogs-1.jpg

james_walleye

Haha i saw that to!

walleyeseeker

Great idea, but when the wrong person finds out about it and pursues all the license and code violations, it could get very expensive. Hopefully they don't get caught.

riverrat56

So was my lemonade stand when I was 4 against the rules too? I sure didn't have any licenses or permits and I even made about 60 cents.....

Gordie

all depends on what was in the lemonade riverrat56 grin

that boat with the grill looks a bit over loaded sittin pretty low in the water