• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good luck! P4 weekend reports here!

I'm guessing the warm weather will bring out the masses this weekend on P4. I'm heading north to ice fish rather than down there - if it hadn't been scheduled for months I'd be in Red Wing.

Good luck to all and please post stories, reports, and pics for me!

Fished it from 7am till bout 11am. tons of boats. Brought in 4 sauger. only 2 were keepers.

River is very low with hardly any current.

Heading back again tomorrow.

Is there a lot less boats during the week days or is it still a zoo??

Friday was a mess but is that considered a weekday or a weekend?

And that will be be my last trip to Red Wing due to the very small number of boaters that like to run full trottle all the way up to the dam and absolutly have no respect for the boats that are fishing, talked with some others on the water and they felt the same way.

I run a 14' flat-bottom and had about 10-12 boats the got within 10 yards of me full trottle, we caught fish but it isn't worth the hassle anymore, at least not to me

Fished last Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All my fish were caught dragging plastics in 13-18 FOW.

Hey Mike what kind of boat do you have? Im wondering if you were by us yesterday? We were in a black crestliner.

This time of year and through April combined with this nice weather the week is a zoo as well. I was out last wednesday to try to sneak in a little mid week and there were rigs parked 3/4 of the way up the hill at 4pm at Everts. It was a joke and just isn't any fun when its like that and having to deal with the 200 + hp motors full throttle going by you darn near swampin ya. It you're one of those then have at it and you can race on your way up to the dam. If not then a guy can just wait till an hour before dark, not too many people out after dark usually during the week.

Originally Posted By: goingdeep

Friday was a mess but is that considered a weekday or a weekend?

And that will be be my last trip to Red Wing due to the very small number of boaters that like to run full trottle all the way up to the dam and absolutly have no respect for the boats that are fishing, talked with some others on the water and they felt the same way.

I run a 14' flat-bottom and had about 10-12 boats the got within 10 yards of me full trottle, we caught fish but it isn't worth the hassle anymore, at least not to me

This is one of the reasons I never take my 14' v-hull to Red Wing. There is plenty of good fishing downriver from Lock and Dam # 3, and far fewer boats to deal with...

Got there late last night. Glad that I did. Traffic wasn't that bad, and most of the boats left shortly after dark. Did pretty well. Almost all the eyes that were boated were caught in 8-10 FOW vertical jigging. This was after dark, so during the day might be different.

Will be heading back again soon.

BBB

Hey BBB How many eyes did you get! Was it worth staying out in the cold? I tryed The other night till around 8 but didn't even get a bite. What time is best at night and what time do you usally fish too. Thanks for the info

Hey BBB How many eyes did you get! Was it worth staying out in the cold? I tryed The other night till around 8 but didn't even get a bite. What time is best at night and what time do you usally fish too. Thanks for the info

It really wasn't that cold out. Brought the buddy heater along for the kids, if they got cold. We ended up boating a total of five eyes and one catfish(c&r) by the time we left. I think it was around 9:30 when we finally left. Seemed like there was one particular spot that we would constantly gets bites on, so we worked that area for a while getting the five eyes. I don't think that there is any "best time" to be out. It was pretty slow till we found the one spot.

BBB

Went out yesterday on pool 4 - tried vertical jigging during the day but it was pretty slow. It did pick up for us right at dark though. We ended up with 13 keeper saugers between three of us, biggest at around 20", and threw back plenty of dinks. I had never been down there at dark at this time of year before, particularly on a weekend, it was incredible the number of boats that lined up to drag the WI shoreline right at dark, there must have been easily over 50, it's amazing there aren't more collisions.

Seemed like there was one particular spot that we would constantly gets bites on, so we worked that area for a while getting the five eyes.

BBB

It always does seem there are these little spots in any particular area that the fish just love. Makes fishing fun trying to hone in on these.

It really wasn't that cold out. Brought the buddy heater along for the kids, if they got cold. We ended up boating a total of five eyes and one catfish(c&r) by the time we left.

BBB

BBB What kind of kitty cat was it flat or channel

We did ok there sun caught 20+ saugers with 8 keepers everything came from up by the dam just jigging on a controled drift.

Was down there on Saturday for the "Freeze ur Butt Tourney"..good times..good times..saw something kinda funny, in the afternoon a couple of entrepeneurs set up a gas grill in a boat to sell hotdogs and hamburgers..MAN did they smell good..too bad couldn't take anytime to get one..time is money in a contest.

I saw that. What a great idea! Had I not been in the tourney I would have been all over it! I bet they made more money than I did!

mw

Great idea, but when the wrong person finds out about it and pursues all the license and code violations, it could get very expensive. Hopefully they don't get caught.

So was my lemonade stand when I was 4 against the rules too? I sure didn't have any licenses or permits and I even made about 60 cents.....

all depends on what was in the lemonade riverrat56 grin

that boat with the grill looks a bit over loaded sittin pretty low in the water

Unfortunately in the world we live in today your right, before long some self important jerk wad would raise some kinda fuss and the "Morale Supression Team" would show up and that would be that..too bad, good idea.

should use a pontoon, room for ice box, grills and maybe a toilet. sick

Or breakout the houseboat with a hot tub, bring your own women. smile

I would hate to see that jon boat submarine into that cold water, i did it once out duck hunting on a foggy walnut lake, scary!

that guys been out there for years, last year pulled his jig out of a tree he flipped it into we floated by, got 2 brats in our boat! Nice guy, I think he may have upgraded his grill though!