Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Borch

HSO Member 2010 Turkey Contest Rules.

Borch    313
Borch

Rules 2010 HSO.com Forum Members Turkey Contest

The main purpose of this Contest is for the members to have some fun sharing their success and stories with a little friendly competition thrown in. Let's have some fun!

1. All birds submitted must have been harvested within the Rules and regulations of the state that they are hunted in.

2. Teams will be randomly assigned with equal,(as possible) assignment of youth hunters(those 17 or younger at the beginning or the Contest) and different subspecies hunted. Deadline for registration will be midnight(cdt) March 24, 2010 in the Contest Sign Up Thread. The teams will be posted as soon as they are determined and entered onto the site.

For members who miss the deadline a substitute pool will be kept where members will follow the same rules and can submit a bird but they must register by April 13th, 2010. They cannot harvest a bird before they are registered. If a team has a member that has not posted or responded to email by May 15th, 2010 a member from the pool will be randomly drawn to fill spots on teams with "no shows" just to keep it even.

Each team will consist of up to 6 hunters. At the start the teams will be named FM Forums 1, 2, 3... Teams can come up with their own name at anytime. Please decide on that one name before having the default one change,(no multiple name changes allowed).

3. Submitting birds for scoring. There will be a submission form posted for use by the start of the Contest.

You will need to get a witness for the measurements of spur, beard and weight. Both you and the witness will need to sign the form verifying the measurement as being correct. All measurements will need to need in standard measurement,(Inches/pounds).

In addition to the submission form members will need to post three photos,(there will be a submission thread for this). If you need help posting pics let me or your team mates know. One a close up of the spurs with a ruler/tape measure showing length,(you may need two pics if the spurs are different lengths). Also a second photo with a close up of the beard doing the same. The last picture should be of you,(the happy hunter with your face mask pull down) holding up your beautiful bird. We want to see the whole bird as well as what you look like. One of these photos should also have your 2010 filled turkey tag in it. If your state does not use a tag system then write the date the bird was taken on a piece of paper and include it in one of your photos.

When the Contest starts there will be also be a link to submit your filled out form. If you are not able to submit you bird online, send Borch an email and we'll make arrangements to have it mailed and posted.

4. Scoring of the bird will be based on the NWTF scoring system. Each member will be able to score one bird(the first bird taken for your season even if you are allowed more than one) for the Contest.

The top 4 scores for each team will be used to calculate the team's final score. The team with the highest final score will be the winning team.

Also in addition to the team competition we'll have an individual youth,( those 17 or younger at the beginning of the Contest) and adult competition. We'll use the same bird and score for the bird submitted to the team competition. The highest scoring bird will be the winner.

5. The Contest will run from April 1, 2010 until June 10, 2010. Winners will be announced after that time.

Winning teams and individuals will earn the right to Advertise their great expertise and skills as the 2010 HSO.com Turkey Contest Winners in their signature.

The 2010 HSO.com Forum Members Turkey Quest is a Contest created and operated independently by HSO.com forum members and is not officially sanctioned or managed by the site itself.

Let's have even more fun this year!!!

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

OOOOPS!

setterguy    0
setterguy

Thanks for doing this Borch

Borch    313
Borch

You're Welcome. Should be a lot of fun!

Borch    313
Borch

HSO Forum Member

Turkey Contest 2010

Complete this form with your turkey’s measurements. Include photos of your turkey’s spurs and beard with a ruler or tape measure. Include in one of the photos your turkeys filled out tag or slip of paper with the date of the harvest. The turkey’s weight must be witnessed and signed by you and the witness below on this form.

Forum Member:____________________ Date:_____________

Team Name: _________________________________

Youth Hunter(17 or younger):Yes _______ No ________

Turkey Subspecies: _____________________

State/Province Bird was Harvested In: ____________________

Turkey’s Stats

Beard Length ____________inches

Spur Length ® _________inches (L)_________inches

Weight ___________ pounds

The certify that the measurements listed above are accurate to the best of my ability.

Forum Member: ________________________ Date:_________

Witness: _____________________________ Date:_________

bluehat28    0
bluehat28

As much as I enjoyed the spring season can someone unlock the top ones and let the fall seasons begin. thanks blue.