Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
NorthernOutdoors

Mineral Sites

NorthernOutdoors

When does everyone put out their mineral licks? I've heard that anytime between spring and summer and the deer will start hitting them. Any opinions or past experiences?

hockeybc69

Deer are using mine right now.

Fill em up in the spring and then again in the fall.

buckhunter21

I use blocks so anytime the block is gone I put a new one out unless there is snow on the ground then I wait until spring. One of mine is gone right now that I will replace within the next month but they are still licking the ground where it was.

vister

put em out now!! mineral sights get used, and are most useful when the salt and other minerals are absorbed by the soil!! by putting them out now, spring thaws help them minerals get pulled into the soil by the melting snow and spring rains. The best mineral sight is one used year after year. you'll be able to tell by the huge hole in the ground. thats what you want, is that hole. then you know deer are really using the sight and getting the minerals at a digestible rate, instead of mouthfulls of powder, which really the deer dont digest, and [PoorWordUsage] out all those usefull nutrients. and with spring around the corner, get em out now so deer start getting what they need to make bone above the ears!!

ive got trail cam pics last fall of two bucks using my sites that were both flirting with the 150" class, maybe one of them even a tad bigger. when they were in the holes gettin the goods, their racks disappeared. sucks for pics, but good knowing how efficient the sites are!

vister

also, go to fleet farm for minerals! look at what is in lucky buck or the trophy rock. at FF, you can buy 50 lb bags of the trace mixin salt, calcium, and Hy-phos. mix them altogether, and dump out 50 lbs at a time. you get 3 50 lb sites for the price of a bucket of lucky buck, or 1.5 trophy rocks. i also set out a white brine salt block (50 lb.er) at each site. deer will come to this set up, and you will see a difference. at least me, my family, and my buddies have grin

on a side note, if you are one of those hunters fooled into buying products labeled with a buck on the packaging, the buck in my avatar, a 16 pt 182 1/8" dandy, was using a mineral site with exactly what i just listed above! laugh and i got trail cam pics of him doing so.

NorthernOutdoors

Thanks for the info everyone. Anybody care to share some pics of their setups?

vister

I'd love to share pics, but right now they'd be boring! Holes in the ground 3 feet across and 2 feet deep. In the next few weeks I'll be refreshing and making new sites. Then I can take pics, and I'll include some of my ingredients. Maybe even some pics of the deer using them. Heck, I've even got pics of triplet spotted fawns gettin a face full!

klecker

Do the mix. I got a hole 5' around and 2 feet deep. I was up at the cabin last week and they are starting to use it again. Gonna replenish in the next few weeks.