Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Walleyes are biting on the rum it's the best walleye bite in the area. 

Ducks are starting to show up :)

my old man called in some bucks but did not get a shot. A friend watched buck breed a doe. 

Grouse and pheasant north and east the better it gets. 

Please watch for deer ticks!! They are bad!!!! I know as I am reporting I have been stuck in bed for a few days because of them. I missed a tiny one that packed a punch the doc wants me to take it easy until next week.

MJ1657

How are you doing Moose? 

monstermoose78
On 11/1/2016 at 9:00 AM, MJ1657 said:

How are you doing Moose? 

Much better I am moving and my joints don't hurt

• Like 2

MJ1657
28 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Much better I am moving and my joints don't hurt

That's good to hear. 

• Like 1

Pigmeat
On October 29, 2016 at 7:35 AM, monstermoose78 said:

Please watch for deer ticks!! They are bad!!!! I know as I am reporting I have been stuck in bed for a few days because of them. I missed a tiny one that packed a punch the doc wants me to take it easy until next week.

I'm so paranoid about that! Given that I ache and am tired most of the time anyway, due to advanced years, how will I know the difference if I get Lymes? :)

• Like 1

monstermoose78

I don't know

monstermoose78

Anyone on a good bite ? 

Hearing little elk for crappies and pike

green is giving up some eye and crappies

blue in over 20 feet crappiesbut it is a slow light bite 

Baxter for small gills and small crappies

lori for better sized gills and crappies

Fannie crappies and gills

most lakes have 2 to 7 inches chech as you head out

kmalt37

Could anyone tell me how ice conditions are in the Cambridge area?

monstermoose78

I am not saying the ice is safe! Most lakes have 15 to 19 inches around Princeton which is 20 miles west 

• Like 1

SSGMonte

about a 2 weeks ago I was on a small lake on east side of Cambridge and it had about 7-9 inches

Rube

I was on Skogman not to long ago and there was a good 15". 

monstermoose78

How is everyone doing

• Like 1

Cret Jigs

Work & Life is getting in the way of my fishing ... :D

• Like 2

Rube

Will be going out this weekend. Been tough putting together a meal. Was spoiled earlier this year 

Oh Well - that 's fishing.

• Like 1

monstermoose78

My nephew and I laid the smack down on gills and crappies and bass

• Like 1

monstermoose78

My nephew and I laid the smack down on gills and crappies and bass

IMG_0831.JPG

• Like 2

Rube

That equals my last "several" outings- nice catch. Fun for the young one too!

Cret Jigs

Went out to Blue lake last night from 5-6 pm   My nice spot(area) all year so far.... skunked.   spotted them when i first got there and pulled a Crappie to bottom of hole.   Some thing  has changed ... time to change with it.   i was in 23-25 feet and had dead stick down and jigging around and not even the perch at the bottom wanted to bite.   HMMM ... time to get to 15-19 fow in some weeds me thinks.  Have had such a good year so far ... Fish won last night, my hats (or gloves) off to them!  I'm coming for ya fishies, i'll find ya!!   

Cret

• Like 2

Rube

Good Luck Cret Jigs. don't look at the pic in previous post. It will just make you sick!!!! That moose and his nephew, what a nice / fun catch. I put the wheeler in the back yard, and with a southern vacation coming up soon - I'm thinking open water !!!

But you never know - it's Minnesota.

Good Luck  and be Safe

• Like 2

Cret Jigs

Well fishes, you got me last time!   You might beat me sometimes..  "But not last night"  got out from 5-6 pm and I knew they could run (swim) but couldn't hide!  Went into shallows 14-15 Fow with my glow orange forage small spoon tipped with those delicious waxies.  Well nice big fat sunnies... you couldn't resist this time could ya!!  Just to smite ya... I let all you bastage sunnies back down the hole! Be seeing you soon Sunnies!!  

20170216_174730.jpg

• Like 1

monstermoose78

See ya Saturday cret 

• Like 1

Cret Jigs

Thanks again Moose for a great get together.  Went out today (Sunday) and has great time fishing with daughter.  We caught nice Crappies and gills.  We released alot of fish.  We went to my go to spot.  Jigging and dead stick down.

20170219_133001.jpg

20170219_155127.jpg

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Awesome great job

• Like 1

monstermoose78

How is the fishing!!

monstermoose78

Anyone been out around there area?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• #m2
      By #m2
      Does anyone know if big pine lake mn. By perham is safe  to drive on.. I'm driving ram 1500 hemi... and r the walleyes biting...thanks....
    • Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

The bite remains consistent on the Minnesota side where we are fishing between 26 and 28 feet, yielding good walleye, sauger and jumbo perch. The dead stick will provide action early and throughout the day. Shallower depths are worth fishing early and late for quality walleye, a majority of which are in the slot.

Up in Canada, big crappies are filling buckets via minnows, plastics and rip’n raps as well as, very light setups in 28-32 feet. Walleye fishing is outstanding near structure, either points or reefs. jig’n raps, buck shots or spoons have been productive.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

We have had another strong week of Walleye and Sauger fishing up in the Northwest Angle with fish being caught all throughout the day! Fish in the 24-30” class were common with pails full of Walleye over 16” coming in as well. The best approach methods have varied through out the day, from a dead stick to an actively jigged buckshot or rip’n rap. Glow red, gold and any UV colors are preferred just off structure at the bottom of the break lines between 24 and 30ft. Many football sized giant perch  were seen this week, too.

On the Ontario side, Walleye have been active all day long. Certain reefs have been giving up fish consistently to anything that is actively presented.  Crappie fishing has been best early and late in the day with 14” fish common in 28’  or deeper.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

We have had another strong week of Walleye and Sauger fishing up in the Northwest Angle with fish being caught all throughout the day! Fish in the 24-30” class were common with pails full of Walleye over 16” coming in as well. The best approach methods have varied through out the day, from a dead stick to an actively jigged buckshot or rip’n rap. Glow red, gold and any UV colors are preferred just off structure at the bottom of the break lines between 24 and 30ft. Many football sized giant perch  were seen this week, too.

On the Ontario side, Walleye have been active all day long. Certain reefs have been giving up fish consistently to anything that is actively presented.  Crappie fishing has been best early and late in the day with 14” fish common in 28’  or deeper.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      1.2.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report
      Happy New Year from the NW Angle!
      On the Minnesota side, we are fishing walleyes in 22-28 feet. Success has been had on slender spoons, Rip’n raps and rattle baits near structure and break lines. Saugers and Perch have been more consistent in water deeper than 26’ using the same baits. This past week with the cold weather dead sticks were producing in the afternoon. We have houses placed in typical spots for the season; from the north side of Oak all the way to Shady with ice depth as thick as 2 feet. Stay to marked trails as there is a small amount of rough ice. Our biggest walleye of the week was pushing 30” with many more in the slot. 
      Crappies coming out of Canada are huge as usual, with many at or above 14 inches being caught out of 30 feet of water. Walleye and Perch can still be had off of any rock point using UV rip’n raps or a dead minnow. 
      We hope to see you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      Ice fishing continues to be very good. On the south shore fishing Big Traverse Bay, nice mix of walleyes and saugers in 20 - 28'. Varying ice conditions all over the lake so please go through a resort and use the ice roads as they are checked daily and groomed for smoother travel.  Some ice roads allowing 1/2 ton trucks.  Most resorts update Facebook pages for current info or call ahead.  Water clarity is good.  Some days jigging line is hot, some days dead stick with a plain hook / minnow.  Gold, glow, and pink are good colors.  Try a rattle if fish not reacting.  Auger extension could be necessary in spots where ice is layered.    The Rainy River is ice covered with a few local fish houses here and there, but overall, with current of the river, we suggest working through resorts for safety.  The majority of the resorts fish the lake.     The NW Angle has good ice conditions where resorts have ice roads / trails and fishing has started out excellent.  Walleyes in 22-26' with mixed in saugers, pike and perch.  Resorts are guiding anglers to big crappie on the Ontario side of lake. Snowmobile trail from Wheeler's Point on south shore to NW Angle is marked.  

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Hit the ice for the first time today about 6 inches of ice and lots of slush 3-5 inches deep. The snitch handled the work load with amazing results. The busy end was the smallest pug bug with a maki mino the crappies were racing up am crushing it. The gills would come up slowly but would eat it. Had a 3 to 4 pound walleye break me off in the top of the hole.

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temps are hovering around 48 degrees and fall fishing is phenomenal! Walleyes are biting anywhere from 14 to 30ft with jigging being the most effective method. Crappies are continuing to bite around sunken trees and deep holes with a good amount of perch mixed in. Anglers have had success trolling for large pike and muskies with jigging also bringing some to the boat. 

We are getting fish houses ready for the 2017-18 ice fishing season and are very excited for hard water!

We recommending checking availability for winter ASAP!

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
       Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temperatures are slowly falling, with surface temps in the high 40's early in the day and ending in the low 50's in the afternoon.

Here in Minnesota, fishing has been great. A jig and minnow set up is the top producer with fish showing preference for orange or chartreuse. Big pike have been caught on the jig and trolling minnow baits.

Canadian fishing is consistently putting more crappies and perch in the well. These pan fish will take shiners and sometimes favor them to a fathead or plastic. Fish are HUNGRY and are well fed, a lot of thick fish with full stomachs.  24-32ft has been the favored depth within the last week.  

With water temps falling and the new moon looming, expect to see more large predator fish this week!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      10.9.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temps are still hovering in the mid 50’s.

Jig and a minnow/shiner will fill your live well in Minnesota. Areas of best success, have been between island or high currents spots with depths ranging from 13-16’ or 22-26.’ Fish are really hungry and are packing on the pounds before ice season!

Canadian walleye fishing is also outstanding. Orange, pink or chartreuse with a minnow/shiner have been effective off of points at depth of 18-26.’  We have also experienced a lot of perch this week, limits of crappies when targeted, the occasional pike and muskies on the jig.

Musky action on shallow reef tops has slowed as fish are moving out to deeper waters, trolling cranks or jigging big rubber is common practice now. Many small mouth have been seen this week with wounds from predatory fish. 

Less than two weeks left of open water fishing at Sunset Lodge, we have some availability remaining before we close down for the season on October 22! 

We hope to see you soon,
      Sunset Lodge

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Share & Have Fun