Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Shack

elk river
Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora Fishing Reports

474 posts in this topic

Walleyes are biting on the rum it's the best walleye bite in the area. 

Ducks are starting to show up :)

my old man called in some bucks but did not get a shot. A friend watched buck breed a doe. 

Grouse and pheasant north and east the better it gets. 

Please watch for deer ticks!! They are bad!!!! I know as I am reporting I have been stuck in bed for a few days because of them. I missed a tiny one that packed a punch the doc wants me to take it easy until next week.

How are you doing Moose? 

On 11/1/2016 at 9:00 AM, MJ1657 said:

How are you doing Moose? 

Much better I am moving and my joints don't hurt

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Much better I am moving and my joints don't hurt

That's good to hear. 

1 person likes this

On October 29, 2016 at 7:35 AM, monstermoose78 said:

Please watch for deer ticks!! They are bad!!!! I know as I am reporting I have been stuck in bed for a few days because of them. I missed a tiny one that packed a punch the doc wants me to take it easy until next week.

I'm so paranoid about that! Given that I ache and am tired most of the time anyway, due to advanced years, how will I know the difference if I get Lymes? :)

1 person likes this

I don't know

Anyone on a good bite ? 

Hearing little elk for crappies and pike

green is giving up some eye and crappies

blue in over 20 feet crappiesbut it is a slow light bite 

Baxter for small gills and small crappies

lori for better sized gills and crappies

Fannie crappies and gills

most lakes have 2 to 7 inches chech as you head out

Could anyone tell me how ice conditions are in the Cambridge area?

I am not saying the ice is safe! Most lakes have 15 to 19 inches around Princeton which is 20 miles west 

1 person likes this

about a 2 weeks ago I was on a small lake on east side of Cambridge and it had about 7-9 inches

I was on Skogman not to long ago and there was a good 15". 

How is everyone doing

1 person likes this

Work & Life is getting in the way of my fishing ... :D

2 people like this

Will be going out this weekend. Been tough putting together a meal. Was spoiled earlier this year 

Oh Well - that 's fishing.

1 person likes this

My nephew and I laid the smack down on gills and crappies and bass

1 person likes this

My nephew and I laid the smack down on gills and crappies and bass

IMG_0831.JPG

2 people like this

That equals my last "several" outings- nice catch. Fun for the young one too!

Went out to Blue lake last night from 5-6 pm   My nice spot(area) all year so far.... skunked.   spotted them when i first got there and pulled a Crappie to bottom of hole.   Some thing  has changed ... time to change with it.   i was in 23-25 feet and had dead stick down and jigging around and not even the perch at the bottom wanted to bite.   HMMM ... time to get to 15-19 fow in some weeds me thinks.  Have had such a good year so far ... Fish won last night, my hats (or gloves) off to them!  I'm coming for ya fishies, i'll find ya!!   

Cret

2 people like this

Good Luck Cret Jigs. don't look at the pic in previous post. It will just make you sick!!!! That moose and his nephew, what a nice / fun catch. I put the wheeler in the back yard, and with a southern vacation coming up soon - I'm thinking open water !!!

But you never know - it's Minnesota.

Good Luck  and be Safe

2 people like this

Well fishes, you got me last time!   You might beat me sometimes..  "But not last night"  got out from 5-6 pm and I knew they could run (swim) but couldn't hide!  Went into shallows 14-15 Fow with my glow orange forage small spoon tipped with those delicious waxies.  Well nice big fat sunnies... you couldn't resist this time could ya!!  Just to smite ya... I let all you bastage sunnies back down the hole! Be seeing you soon Sunnies!!  

20170216_174730.jpg

1 person likes this

See ya Saturday cret 

1 person likes this

Thanks again Moose for a great get together.  Went out today (Sunday) and has great time fishing with daughter.  We caught nice Crappies and gills.  We released alot of fish.  We went to my go to spot.  Jigging and dead stick down.

20170219_133001.jpg

20170219_155127.jpg

1 person likes this

Awesome great job

1 person likes this

How is the fishing!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I know the lakes are open and that means some the first open water fishing spots are producing. Any one out there catching em yet? I will be riggin the ultra light up today so I can stop on my way home from work.  
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I know the lakes are open and that means some the first open water fishing spots are producing. Any one out there catching em yet? I will be riggin the ultra light up today so I can stop on my way home from work.  
    • Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      3.13.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

The snow pack has diminished and snowmobile trails on the the lake are icy. The forecast for this week is great for extending our ice fishing season.

On the Minnesota side, the number of perch have greatly increased with many 14 inchers being caught. Good sized saugers are being seen as well. The dead stick is still productive, rattlers and spoons used as attracting method in the sand or mud off of the rock structure.

Canadian fishing has been consistent, limits of crappies are being caught in 30-33ft with fine plastics that wiggle. Walleyes can be had easily near rock structure in 22-26 feet.

Until next week,

Sunset Lodge Ice Team

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      3.6.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing & Ice Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

Mid-week we are expecting temperatures in the teens and a few inches of snow which should help extend the hard water season!

On the Minnesota side, fishing has really picked up. The morning bite is strong up until the noon hour and picks back up again around 4pm. With the longer days, the evening bite is a little more consistent. Black and gold as well as pink and white have continued to produce the most fish. We are fishing more rock piles than in February and are having good luck at depths between 22 and 24 ft.

On the Canadian side, holes between 28 and 30 feet are a solid bet for crappies. Blue and white tungsten with a red mustache worm or wax worm have been very productive. We are seeing a lot more perch in our catch.

Still a couple weeks of great fishing left, come join us!

Until next week,

Sunset Lodge Ice Team

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      2.27.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

Ice conditions are still favorable with 20-24 inches of solid ice in non-current areas. Snow cover is minimal on snowmobile trails but are still being groomed and in good condition.

On the Minnesota side, we are seeing walleyes being caught  on shallower rock points between 20-24 feet as well as deeper mud between 28-30 feet. A good number of saugers and perch are also being produced. Black and gold have been performing very well using a variety of baits.

Canada is still producing but the crappie bite has been hot and cold within the last week. Walleyes are are most active on rock humps with successful colors being, blue and white, pink and gold.

Until next week!

Sunset Lodge Ice Team

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      2.20.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

We still have lots of ice up here, however the snow pack is diminishing rapidly, especially with the warm temps and rain in the forecast.

On the Minnesota side, fishing away from structure seems to be most productive with target depth being from 22-30 feet. Gold continues to be the hot color. The amount of perch we are seeing in our buckets continues to increase.

Fishermen on the Canadian side are still reaching their crappie limit with ease, fishing holes between 29 and 35 ft. A variety of baits are producing including, wax worms, mustache baits and dead minnows.

Until next week,

Sunset Lodge Ice Team

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      2.20.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

We still have lots of ice up here, however the snow pack is diminishing rapidly, especially with the warm temps and rain in the forecast.

On the Minnesota side, fishing away from structure seems to be most productive with target depth being from 22-30 feet. Gold continues to be the hot color. The amount of perch we are seeing in our buckets continues to increase.

Fishermen on the Canadian side are still reaching their crappie limit with ease, fishing holes between 29 and 35 ft. A variety of baits are producing including, wax worms, mustache baits and dead minnows.

Until next week,

Sunset Lodge Ice Team

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      2.13.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

On the Minnesota side, fishing has really picked up this week! The ice is thick and temps are nice, making for a much more pleasurable hard-water experience. Less turbidity has really allowed for more natural colors to work. Using the dead stick is still producing the most fish with depths under a foot off of the bottom. Lots fish in the slot, as well as, multiple over 28!

On the Canadian side, walleyes are being caught in transition zones, with gold and pink and whites being the hot colors. The crappie bite is at 30ft plus in the mud with Tungstens topped with plastic. Jigging spoons with a minnow head are also producing fish.

Until next week,

Sunset Lodge Ice Team

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Another week has come and gone up here at the Angle. The weather sure changed for us up here. The week started with below zero temps and we ended the week in the 30's with some rain mixed in. It still didn't affect the fishing, as houses produced their limits of fish once again including a 31", 11 pound walleye!

On the Minnesota side, we still have our houses scattered all around in 22-28 feet of water. Gold, pink and green were the best, tipped with a minnow or minnow head. We have had perch and saugers mixed in with all the walleyes, too!

On the Canadian side, the crappie and walleye bite has been very good! Crappies have been in 28-33 feet of water. Only fish to your limit and then switch to another species’ for the rest of the day. Walleyes have been great in 22-29 feet, using the same colors as the Minnesota side, tipped with a minnow or minnow head.

This is Forrest Huset with another fishing report.

We hope to see you all at Sunset Lodge this winter!

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Another week has come and gone up here at the Angle. The weather sure changed for us up here. The week started with below zero temps and we ended the week in the 30's with some rain mixed in. It still didn't affect the fishing, as houses produced their limits of fish once again including a 31", 11 pound walleye!

On the Minnesota side, we still have our houses scattered all around in 22-28 feet of water. Gold, pink and green were the best, tipped with a minnow or minnow head. We have had perch and saugers mixed in with all the walleyes, too!

On the Canadian side, the crappie and walleye bite has been very good! Crappies have been in 28-33 feet of water. Only fish to your limit and then switch to another species’ for the rest of the day. Walleyes have been great in 22-29 feet, using the same colors as the Minnesota side, tipped with a minnow or minnow head.

This is Forrest Huset with another fishing report.

We hope to see you all at Sunset Lodge this winter!

• Sherman
      I'll be out this wknd and got 3 spots to try out so still debating which one will be the ticket. The past couple weeks I've been getting some while crappie fishing.  Going to be shore fishing so FYI the water level is pretty high right now with all the rain from few weeks ago. A wader would be handy if you have one.  Good luck n be safe out there.
    • Thulie
      Found a half dozen good size crappies on Clear Lake in Waseca Sunday.  Just off the bottom in 8 feet of water, minnows under bobbers.  Water temp was 58 on the east side of the lake, which was a full degree above the rest of the lake.
    • eyeguy 54
      yepper, almost 30 between the 2 of us in the slack water next to fast water. kinda hard to fish in that fast water when it's moving so fast...  
    • Tom Sawyer
      We were using both, but the number of fish caught was definitely based on..... location, location, location - slack water during high flows is where it's at buddy.
    • eyeguy 54
      I remember when I first moved to MN I went down to the dam with a buncha angleworms. Coudnt keep the smallies off. LOL