• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Stanchfield had a bad winter kill a 2 years in a row a couple years ago. The bigger crappies will take a hit and the keeper gills as well, but every bait shop around knows about the bite on Long Lake as well. When I ask they tell me that is the place to go. However if you live in Cambridge Skogman did well for my cousin today. He and his kids took a nice batch of crappies home for a fish fry. Ann Lake by Zimmerman also has a bite going on for Crappies and Gills. 

Best Walleye bite is on Mille Lacs and it is hot bite. Lots of walleyes!! Don't forget about the perch. 

Good Luck this weekend

• Thumbs Up 2

Moose, I have a question for you. You make reference to Ann lake by Zimmerman. I know where Ann lake is on 47 but was not aware of an Ann by Zimmerman.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Scales said:

Moose, I have a question for you. You make reference to Ann lake by Zimmerman. I know where Ann lake is on 47 but was not aware of an Ann by Zimmerman.

It is west of Zimmerman just south county road 4. Also by Sand Dunes State Forest.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is not to far away but it not as far west or south

• Thumbs Up 2

I just came from long lake... WOW!!##  Never seen so many people on that lake.  12" of ice and 100 + poeple out there already and tons of trucks ice castles. ..  NO WAY!  I doubt the bite will be on tonight.  Francis lake busy, blue lake not so much.... Green busy and Poor Baxter has had non stop amounts of poeple.  Ice fishing is popular Tonight:D

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope to get out tomorrow but I am not sure where

Was on Blue with wheeler measured about 9" of ice,  everywhere I was  drilled lots of holes but only had lookers,  Trucks driving the lake. Be Carefull

Edited by tview

54 minutes ago, tview said:

Was on Blue with wheeler measured about 9" of ice,  everywhere I was  drilled lots of holes but only had lookers,  Trucks driving the lake. Be Carefull

Thanks @tview no worries this guy will not be driving on the lakes. 

Got into some gills and crappies today. 15 feet was a right depth and plastics ruled for quality, but live bait got big numbers of 4-5 inchers. Just took some pictures of ones that were going in bucket for some fresh fish for Grandma. 

2015-2016-1.jpg

2015-2016-2.jpg

2015-2016-3.jpg

2015-2016-4.jpg

Also if anyone is thinking about get the clam drill plate it is an amazing tool to have. I cut over 40 holes on one battery. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Moose ... Nice eating fish ... I was out on Saturday and found a few on Green in 22 FOW.  We will have to get out one evening this week as the weather will be mild.

Cret

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2016 at 10:59 AM, LewisMiller11 said:

Got a few nice crappies the other day 

20151229_202255.jpg

What kind of depth were you fishing in? Were they caught on minnow, wax worms, plastics?  Looks like you have good a fish fry coming. Congrats on the catch. 

On 1/30/2016 at 9:11 AM, monstermoose78 said:

What kind of depth were you fishing in? Were they caught on minnow, wax worms, plastics?  Looks like you have good a fish fry coming. Congrats on the catch. 

I caught them on plastics in 30 fow 

Awesome love the plastic bites 

Thanks guys it was a blast!   Went out today set up on 30 feet of water first hole I drilled was absolute stacked with fish only fished for an hour caught around 10 kept 4 nice ones to eat 

KIMG0028.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

made it over to Julia on Saturday and enjoyed the afternoon of fishing but I forgot my rods and ended up helping some people cut holes and in return they borrowed me a pole to use.  needless to say the fishing was poor but a great day to be out on the ice.  One thing I couldn't believe is when I drilled the holes and found 9" of ice in all the holes I drilled yet people were driving full sized trucks pulling trailers around!  Better to check before you are driving out in the area!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, LewisMiller11 said:

Thanks guys it was a blast!   Went out today set up on 30 feet of water first hole I drilled was absolute stacked with fish only fished for an hour caught around 10 kept 4 nice ones to eat 

KIMG0028.JPG

Great stuff LewisMiller

@ozzie I have noticed the same thing and have not been happy when I tell them there is only 9-10 inches of ice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Went to my spot today and brought up 4 7in sunfish in a half hour, had to leave when the snow came in.  I'll be back out tomorrow 

• Thumbs Up 1

Went out to long lake behind purple hawk for last couple hours of day light yesterday, got half limit of nice crappies and 2 nice perch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hearing Skogman in Cambridge is turning on. 20-23 feet of water.

• Thumbs Up 1

Went to the lake gervais fishing contest yesterday with my daughter. She didn't get one but had fun. I got a 7lbs tiger muskie in 10 fow!!! First one through the ice for me! Didnt count in contest  as it was only legal specie's you could keep for contest, had to put it back. A 1.37lbs pike won it. Fun day on the lake anyway!!! Anyone going to Green lake contest next Sunday February 14?

1454797760361_IMG_20160206_135534_282.jpg

Edited by Fish-for-life
  • Thumbs Up 4

This front could have turned them off 

• Thumbs Up 1