• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please share your fishing reports here! grin

If you have any video or pictures, we can help you post them. Just ask.

Thank you!

Got a report minutes ago from last night for Blue Lake in Princeton/Zimmerman area. 11" crappies (a couple) mixed in with 8"-10" in approximately 20-25" fow off of the Middle East side big point. Dead stick with green glow Ratzo (small one), small crappie minnow, and spring bobber. 1-2' off of the bottom.

*Perm fish house owners*

Take all valuables home with you. The last week or so there have been many reported break-ins of perm houses left on the lake. Broken locks & doors! If you have a drop down wheel house, take it home with you if possible.

About time we have a more specific forum for this area - THANSK!

Was out on Quamba the other day and marked few fish with no takers. Tough bit out there.

Thanks Shackbash! IT is about time for this area!!! Thank you HSO/FM!

I want to share a couple of pitures from last year of my son Matt. We have been back and have others like these. The date is off on the pictures I know!! Matt had his limit of crappies in 40 minutes this day.

007.jpg

008.jpg

No problemo Mark grin That is a very nice mess of crappies your son has their. Very cool! Also Happy B-Day Mark! smile

I talked with a good friend who made it out on Green Lake Saturday night. He was at the benefit and after headed out to Green with another friend. I did not hear of any limit, but crappies close to/around the 10" mark where caught on the West basin in about 15' fow. Light bobber and plain glow hook, with a small crappie minnow about 6"-12" off the bottom. He was lucky enough to use the Venom bobber he received at the benefit. He said to adjust them so they are just barely at the surface. He was using a flasher to see when the crappies would come in and setting the Venom so it was barley above the surface would allow the crappies to just pull it under a couple inches. SET THE HOOK! Other fish would just yank it down under the ice. He said they would come in waves all the way up till midnight when they left. 9-11pm seen the most action.

Good luck!

Moved my perm shack on little elk yesturday didnt fish but talked with guys that said they were getting some smaller crappies and no pike action.

the other reports that I heard was Fransis it has slowed way down as far as the crappie bite goes. a couple weeks back it was on fire reports of 11 inchers were common.they were fishing 7 fow 4 foot down.

Thanks Shack,

Those fish were on #10 ice flies w/eurolarve.

Elwood, My dad and a couple of friends were going to try Francis today. Not sure how he will do since he is 85 and fishes out the car door, so it is a lot harder to hole hop.

hope he does well they tend t bite that last hour pretty well or so I was told wink

BTW those are some really nice fish you guys got

I fish out the car door to, I drill a line of holes along some peice of structure and then just move up and down them with the Explorer, this is when I am to lazy or its to cold to actually hole hop outside or actually set up. Works pretty good, my brother in law calls it redneck ice fishing. Its effective though

Went out yesterday to one of the small unmentioned lakes in this area. Fished in 28' next to a 40 something foot hole. Marked fish the whoe entire time but was tough getting them to bite. Ended with 9 Crappies, one was a little 6"er but the rest were nice 10+"ers. Didn't keep any though.

RR, I used to have a minivan that I strategically cut holes in the floor for ice trolling. I miss that thing!

Was out yesterday and fished three lakes: Coon, George and Linwood. One of the lakes produced 3 nice northerns between 2 1/2 and 4 lbs. Had a nice fish fry for the family last night. Not fast and furious by any means. Didn't get on the lake where the fish were biting until late in the afternoon and got my three fish within an hour. They were VERY shallow! 5-6 feet with the bait only about 1 1/2' below the ice

RR, I used to have a minivan that I strategically cut holes in the floor for ice trolling. I miss that thing!

Trav when are we going to ge ttogether and go fishing?

now that I work full time and go to school full time at night, I have zero time to do what I love. Maybe this summer when I'm outta school. You doing any good this winter?

Not really, I have been busy, then on top of it the wife thinks she can drive my truck anytime there is a threat of snow, and that has all my stuff in it..... so I haven't got out as much as I would like

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

let's hope it clears up a little......especially if I am forced to fish this weekend around home!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Green Today. Got schooled but only gave it a couple hours. Tons of little perch but did have a couple I would assume large sunnies come in once and awhile, but bitting lite for some reason. Plenty of ice but roads are not plowed so cars and low vehicles tread very carefully. Some drifts would stop you with out 4x4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looking for ice and fishing reports on Fish lake s of Mora, its been 2 years since I hit it in the winter and last time we drove out butwith the river and the warm weather I am a bit worried any one been out? Any fish?

My buddy lives up there tells me its been very slow and you got to catch a handful of small ones to get something decent just what i heard.Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Fishing Reports from a couple firm sources from around the Zimmerman & Princeton area adds up to:

Not sure how the later part of this week has been on local ice & shore areas around Princeton, but if you can find a good spot to get out on the ice the pre-sundown and right after sunset bite is still going strong in the 7-10' f.o.w. range. Smaller green glow Ratzos with pin sized crappie minnows gets the bigger crappies. This seems to be the norm on several of the areas lakes and hearing the day bite for gills is still worth the effort with flu-flus or waxies & micro sized jigs. I plan on going tonight to a smaller local body of water & plan to report after.

Little Elk is on the rise even with the ice on the lake. The water is over the dam on the south end of the lake and the river is flowing from fast and its filled from bank to bank.

Be careful on Little Elk and on other area lakes use common sense and be safe.

Good luck

There seems to be plenty of ice for sleds & wheelers. I would stay on the paths and if you can get on with out getting wet, all the better. Guy I work with lives on Green Lakes and reports fisherman are sparce, but they are still out their. After today I think things may change as we see more day long sun and 50 deg by the weekend. On the little local lake around town I went to last weekend things were slow with only seeing a fee on the graph and have 3 move the spring bobber and start up only to come off. Going again tonight in a matter of minutes and hoping to have a slabist evening. smile Green, glow, small with soft micro plastics. Tip with the tinest minnow if things are not working. Biting very light on Sunday. Spring bobber rod a total must with a flasher to see them coming. Good luck.