Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Shack

Please share your fishing reports here! grin

If you have any video or pictures, we can help you post them. Just ask.

Thank you!

Shack

Got a report minutes ago from last night for Blue Lake in Princeton/Zimmerman area. 11" crappies (a couple) mixed in with 8"-10" in approximately 20-25" fow off of the Middle East side big point. Dead stick with green glow Ratzo (small one), small crappie minnow, and spring bobber. 1-2' off of the bottom.

*Perm fish house owners*

Take all valuables home with you. The last week or so there have been many reported break-ins of perm houses left on the lake. Broken locks & doors! If you have a drop down wheel house, take it home with you if possible.

Big R

About time we have a more specific forum for this area - THANSK!

Was out on Quamba the other day and marked few fish with no takers. Tough bit out there.

MarkAlm

Thanks Shackbash! IT is about time for this area!!! Thank you HSO/FM!

I want to share a couple of pitures from last year of my son Matt. We have been back and have others like these. The date is off on the pictures I know!! Matt had his limit of crappies in 40 minutes this day.

007.jpg

008.jpg

Shack

No problemo Mark grin That is a very nice mess of crappies your son has their. Very cool! Also Happy B-Day Mark! smile

I talked with a good friend who made it out on Green Lake Saturday night. He was at the benefit and after headed out to Green with another friend. I did not hear of any limit, but crappies close to/around the 10" mark where caught on the West basin in about 15' fow. Light bobber and plain glow hook, with a small crappie minnow about 6"-12" off the bottom. He was lucky enough to use the Venom bobber he received at the benefit. He said to adjust them so they are just barely at the surface. He was using a flasher to see when the crappies would come in and setting the Venom so it was barley above the surface would allow the crappies to just pull it under a couple inches. SET THE HOOK! Other fish would just yank it down under the ice. He said they would come in waves all the way up till midnight when they left. 9-11pm seen the most action.

Good luck!

Gordie

Moved my perm shack on little elk yesturday didnt fish but talked with guys that said they were getting some smaller crappies and no pike action.

the other reports that I heard was Fransis it has slowed way down as far as the crappie bite goes. a couple weeks back it was on fire reports of 11 inchers were common.they were fishing 7 fow 4 foot down.

MarkAlm

Thanks Shack,

Those fish were on #10 ice flies w/eurolarve.

Elwood, My dad and a couple of friends were going to try Francis today. Not sure how he will do since he is 85 and fishes out the car door, so it is a lot harder to hole hop.

Gordie

hope he does well they tend t bite that last hour pretty well or so I was told wink

BTW those are some really nice fish you guys got

river rat316

I fish out the car door to, I drill a line of holes along some peice of structure and then just move up and down them with the Explorer, this is when I am to lazy or its to cold to actually hole hop outside or actually set up. Works pretty good, my brother in law calls it redneck ice fishing. Its effective though

Gordie

riverrat that Minnesota redneck ice trollin wink

Beast26

I do the same thing when it's cold out. Just make sure the wind is hitting the opposite side of the vechicle.

river rat316

Yep lol, works good when you got a couple hours to kill.

river rat316

Went out yesterday to one of the small unmentioned lakes in this area. Fished in 28' next to a 40 something foot hole. Marked fish the whoe entire time but was tough getting them to bite. Ended with 9 Crappies, one was a little 6"er but the rest were nice 10+"ers. Didn't keep any though.

snapjigger

Is the fishing good me and my kid might go fishing.

rookie44

RR, I used to have a minivan that I strategically cut holes in the floor for ice trolling. I miss that thing!

Beast26

Was out yesterday and fished three lakes: Coon, George and Linwood. One of the lakes produced 3 nice northerns between 2 1/2 and 4 lbs. Had a nice fish fry for the family last night. Not fast and furious by any means. Didn't get on the lake where the fish were biting until late in the afternoon and got my three fish within an hour. They were VERY shallow! 5-6 feet with the bait only about 1 1/2' below the ice

river rat316

RR, I used to have a minivan that I strategically cut holes in the floor for ice trolling. I miss that thing!

Trav when are we going to ge ttogether and go fishing?

rookie44

now that I work full time and go to school full time at night, I have zero time to do what I love. Maybe this summer when I'm outta school. You doing any good this winter?

river rat316

Not really, I have been busy, then on top of it the wife thinks she can drive my truck anytime there is a threat of snow, and that has all my stuff in it..... so I haven't got out as much as I would like

lowboy55

Any good areas was at green lake but it was slow.

ozzie

let's hope it clears up a little......especially if I am forced to fish this weekend around home!!!!

zachp

i went out wednesday night, caught a few marked alot but might have been baitfish.

Joe

Any one out ice fishing?

Shack

Green Today. Got schooled but only gave it a couple hours. Tons of little perch but did have a couple I would assume large sunnies come in once and awhile, but bitting lite for some reason. Plenty of ice but roads are not plowed so cars and low vehicles tread very carefully. Some drifts would stop you with out 4x4.

Renovations Man

slabber sunnies on Norris.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• #m2
      By #m2
      Does anyone know if big pine lake mn. By perham is safe  to drive on.. I'm driving ram 1500 hemi... and r the walleyes biting...thanks....
    • Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

The bite remains consistent on the Minnesota side where we are fishing between 26 and 28 feet, yielding good walleye, sauger and jumbo perch. The dead stick will provide action early and throughout the day. Shallower depths are worth fishing early and late for quality walleye, a majority of which are in the slot.

Up in Canada, big crappies are filling buckets via minnows, plastics and rip’n raps as well as, very light setups in 28-32 feet. Walleye fishing is outstanding near structure, either points or reefs. jig’n raps, buck shots or spoons have been productive.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

We have had another strong week of Walleye and Sauger fishing up in the Northwest Angle with fish being caught all throughout the day! Fish in the 24-30” class were common with pails full of Walleye over 16” coming in as well. The best approach methods have varied through out the day, from a dead stick to an actively jigged buckshot or rip’n rap. Glow red, gold and any UV colors are preferred just off structure at the bottom of the break lines between 24 and 30ft. Many football sized giant perch  were seen this week, too.

On the Ontario side, Walleye have been active all day long. Certain reefs have been giving up fish consistently to anything that is actively presented.  Crappie fishing has been best early and late in the day with 14” fish common in 28’  or deeper.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

We have had another strong week of Walleye and Sauger fishing up in the Northwest Angle with fish being caught all throughout the day! Fish in the 24-30” class were common with pails full of Walleye over 16” coming in as well. The best approach methods have varied through out the day, from a dead stick to an actively jigged buckshot or rip’n rap. Glow red, gold and any UV colors are preferred just off structure at the bottom of the break lines between 24 and 30ft. Many football sized giant perch  were seen this week, too.

On the Ontario side, Walleye have been active all day long. Certain reefs have been giving up fish consistently to anything that is actively presented.  Crappie fishing has been best early and late in the day with 14” fish common in 28’  or deeper.

See you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      1.2.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report
      Happy New Year from the NW Angle!
      On the Minnesota side, we are fishing walleyes in 22-28 feet. Success has been had on slender spoons, Rip’n raps and rattle baits near structure and break lines. Saugers and Perch have been more consistent in water deeper than 26’ using the same baits. This past week with the cold weather dead sticks were producing in the afternoon. We have houses placed in typical spots for the season; from the north side of Oak all the way to Shady with ice depth as thick as 2 feet. Stay to marked trails as there is a small amount of rough ice. Our biggest walleye of the week was pushing 30” with many more in the slot. 
      Crappies coming out of Canada are huge as usual, with many at or above 14 inches being caught out of 30 feet of water. Walleye and Perch can still be had off of any rock point using UV rip’n raps or a dead minnow. 
      We hope to see you soon!
      Sunset Lodge

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      Ice fishing continues to be very good. On the south shore fishing Big Traverse Bay, nice mix of walleyes and saugers in 20 - 28'. Varying ice conditions all over the lake so please go through a resort and use the ice roads as they are checked daily and groomed for smoother travel.  Some ice roads allowing 1/2 ton trucks.  Most resorts update Facebook pages for current info or call ahead.  Water clarity is good.  Some days jigging line is hot, some days dead stick with a plain hook / minnow.  Gold, glow, and pink are good colors.  Try a rattle if fish not reacting.  Auger extension could be necessary in spots where ice is layered.    The Rainy River is ice covered with a few local fish houses here and there, but overall, with current of the river, we suggest working through resorts for safety.  The majority of the resorts fish the lake.     The NW Angle has good ice conditions where resorts have ice roads / trails and fishing has started out excellent.  Walleyes in 22-26' with mixed in saugers, pike and perch.  Resorts are guiding anglers to big crappie on the Ontario side of lake. Snowmobile trail from Wheeler's Point on south shore to NW Angle is marked.  

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Hit the ice for the first time today about 6 inches of ice and lots of slush 3-5 inches deep. The snitch handled the work load with amazing results. The busy end was the smallest pug bug with a maki mino the crappies were racing up am crushing it. The gills would come up slowly but would eat it. Had a 3 to 4 pound walleye break me off in the top of the hole.

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temps are hovering around 48 degrees and fall fishing is phenomenal! Walleyes are biting anywhere from 14 to 30ft with jigging being the most effective method. Crappies are continuing to bite around sunken trees and deep holes with a good amount of perch mixed in. Anglers have had success trolling for large pike and muskies with jigging also bringing some to the boat. 

We are getting fish houses ready for the 2017-18 ice fishing season and are very excited for hard water!

We recommending checking availability for winter ASAP!

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
       Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temperatures are slowly falling, with surface temps in the high 40's early in the day and ending in the low 50's in the afternoon.

Here in Minnesota, fishing has been great. A jig and minnow set up is the top producer with fish showing preference for orange or chartreuse. Big pike have been caught on the jig and trolling minnow baits.

Canadian fishing is consistently putting more crappies and perch in the well. These pan fish will take shiners and sometimes favor them to a fathead or plastic. Fish are HUNGRY and are well fed, a lot of thick fish with full stomachs.  24-32ft has been the favored depth within the last week.  

With water temps falling and the new moon looming, expect to see more large predator fish this week!
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      10.9.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temps are still hovering in the mid 50’s.

Jig and a minnow/shiner will fill your live well in Minnesota. Areas of best success, have been between island or high currents spots with depths ranging from 13-16’ or 22-26.’ Fish are really hungry and are packing on the pounds before ice season!

Canadian walleye fishing is also outstanding. Orange, pink or chartreuse with a minnow/shiner have been effective off of points at depth of 18-26.’  We have also experienced a lot of perch this week, limits of crappies when targeted, the occasional pike and muskies on the jig.

Musky action on shallow reef tops has slowed as fish are moving out to deeper waters, trolling cranks or jigging big rubber is common practice now. Many small mouth have been seen this week with wounds from predatory fish. 

Less than two weeks left of open water fishing at Sunset Lodge, we have some availability remaining before we close down for the season on October 22! 

We hope to see you soon,
      Sunset Lodge

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Share & Have Fun