• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearing the same area multiple times

ac777

Still learning, so here's a question for you. If you have speared a few pike in one spot, do other pike move into this spot? Can you keep having success in this area? Or should you try moving to another location? Thanks for the input.

fish are going to move all the time! When we take a trip up north and spear for 5 days, we dont move our houses at all. Fish will move in, and if your seeing fish, thats a good thing. There around!

I keep my darkhouse on same spot for 2 week and lot of pikes still come. So it keep me busy and love to watch it

It's been a couple years since I last speared, but we had a really good spot along a steep drop off from an island that we set the house up on year after year. Produced many good fish each year throughout the season. We would move the house about 30 yards once each winter just to get a different view, but 30 yards isn't much, saw some of the same identifiable fish at both spots.

The spear shack finally bit the bullet and instead of building a new one, me and a couple friends went in on a wheel house. I miss spearing a lot though, thinking I'm gonna build me a dark house this summer.

I have a couple extra perm shacks now that I got a hole cut in my wheelhouse. The two I have are just rough dark houses but insulated well and can fit in the back of a truck or trailer with 2 guys lifting pretty easy. Been thinking about selling them pretty cheap if you are interested.