• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

spinner

GoneFish'n71

How fast do you guys that use spinners spin them? I have never used one, and not sure if you would make it just barely move, or let it spin and flash kinda fast.

I do both sometimes let it spin sometimes jig, it definitely brings in fish

I think it depends on what you are spinning.

Watch the string and you will know if it is spinning too fast.

Get it tweaked in so the object you are spinning spins but does not twist the line. That will be the fastest you can spin that object.

A golf ball with very little drag will be able to be spun faster than a large 6 or 9 inch spoon with much more drag.

Don't mind BNS's comments.

Until Elwood and I make a HB Spinner big enough to spin his Fish toys ice saw, he will never be sold on the spinner idea. smile

Maybe take the head of an electric auger to spin an ice saw? You might need to ad a rehostat (sp?) to control the rate of spin.

Maybe take the head of an electric auger to spin an ice saw? You might need to ad a rehostat (sp?) to control the rate of spin.

Easy now... with posts like that you might get an invitation to join the redneck engineering team. smile

Yea buddy you know what I'm talkin bout...

I start out at a speed that just turns the spoon and work my way up from there. I like a good slow roll of the spoon then once in a while I will shut off the spinner and let the line twist out and jig it agressively then back to a slow roll.

just tried my spinner i let it spin to right below the ice and shut it off, seems to work good havent seen a pike yet tho...

How fast do you guys that use spinners spin them? I have never used one, and not sure if you would make it just barely move, or let it spin and flash kinda fast.

Here is how fast I run mine.

BNS... try not to play this one too much. smile