• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up jan. 14-17 wondering where to go to catch big fish.

Im taking the wheelhouse up and have only fished there once in portables. I have fished whiskey jack before and five mile but no big fish. wondering where to go to have a good chance for big walleye in the day and pout at night. We are not looking at catching a 100 little fish but nice fish. Considering arnesons and long point. Can you get off the main road with a truck and 19' ice castle. Should we fish reefs or mud flats?

Thanks for the reports.

You will catch those little guys where ever you go. The edges

of reefs might be what you are looking for. Getting around

off the road seems to be possible right now even pulling a

wheel house. Important to be off by your self so keep that in

mind when you set up.

We were up at Zippel and my husband got a 22 1/2" and a 29" this past Tuesday and Wed. So you may want to try there. They do have a lot of plowed roads and keep them up, and yes you can get off the roads with out to much trouble.

Curt by the way is there a way I can get ahold of rcatcherman, I would like to know the model of the digtal Grundig he got. They have a lot of them

Thanks

Right now I would go to zipple, an fish shallow in the morning deep in the daytime an shallow again in the evening, babbler has a road now but that is gonna have a ton of traffic an the deep snow will push people close together an cause alot of comotion so being by youself might be hard, once a trail is made they will come. lots of shoreline on zipple to be by yourself, morning seems to be te better an by morning I mean fishing by 8. good luck. boar

fishing lady I sent you an e-mail today on the radio. It is a Grundig G8 TravelerII Digital. It has all the bells and whistles and does have Great Reception of all kinds of stations. Last time up even listened to roseau play Bemidji or Grand rapids in high school hockey. All in all a Great buy for Lake of the Woods Radio Reception..