• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

gravel twin bay

Rippin_eyes

I went out of Twin Bay yesterday and did well with Lindy slick jigs on the gavel. Twin bay has roads and rentals out there... I moved around a lot but caught some nice slots.

They might move me out there this weekend or next. I am getting bites now out on Hawkbill, small perch and once in a while a small eye, but it is bites, better then last year..

What is working best for you on your lindy jigs are you tipping them with a minnow or a minnow head?

The Lindy Slick jig is designed to be used with the whole minnow. It works best if you slide the the hook through the minnows mouth and then out through the back of the skull, make sure the minnow is centered good on the hook. If you tie the knot toward the front of the jig you will have more motion when you snap it, if you move the knot toward the back of the jig it will have a little more motion. Snap the rod up and the jig will shoot out around the hole a couple of feet, when you see the fish come in on your graph just twitch it and move it very slowly.

Thanks Pat I have fished these lures before with not muchluck I was wonderingif I was fishing them wrong. I was usually using just a minnow head thanks for he advice

on you tube Ted Takaski has a short clip on how to use this bait if you want to watch it. I will post the clip here but I am not sure if it will work for everyone, but if you do a search for ted takaski on you tube you can find it.