• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

Bummer! grin You should go look for it & have the taxi put it back on. It's a needle in hay but ya never know.

got this on saturday

Please Remember the guidlines:

1. Pose the deer if possible, no excessive blood, no pictures from the tailgate or hanging on the gambrel.

2. Have the hunter in the photo, keep the sun in their face so the photo doesn't wash out

3. Keep the beer cans and smokes out as well

4. If it is a kid, no matter the size of the deer, post that picture, their smile makes up for deer size in a heartbeat

got this on saturday

Please Remember the guidlines:

1. Pose the deer if possible, no excessive blood, no pictures from the tailgate or hanging on the gambrel.

2. Have the hunter in the photo, keep the sun in their face so the photo doesn't wash out

3. Keep the beer cans and smokes out as well

4. If it is a kid, no matter the size of the deer, post that picture, their smile makes up for deer size in a heartbeat

sorry, i guess i didn't read the guidelines...just wanted to post a pic of my buck...

I got this one at 10 AM on Sunday. I stayed in the stand I shot my doe out of last year until 9 AM and then decided to move to the furthest-out stand, which was nearby. After a slow methodical walk through the woods, I arrived in my stand. I unpacked my goods and enjoyed a nice drink (gatorade). After about 10 minutes I heard a grunt to my West. Not sure if it was a hunter on neighboring land or a buck I gave three breaths on my grunt call. Within five minutes I saw this guy coming out of the swamp to the north heading straight toward my stand. He came to a point in the swamp where some trees grow. I got my gun ready, and aimed for the shooting lane, waiting for him to enter. When the time was right I pulled the trigger.

Adamsbuck2009.jpg

NTrider, can you crop the pic and get it so it doesn't look like its in a tailgate? Anything like that at all?

Uncles deer, 14 point, gnarly rack. I don't have the story, I just know he shot it at 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday. He was by himself and didn't have anybody to take the pictures for him. Too bad, I hope he got them today.

UncleStevesDeer.jpg

jamie, that buck was shot on my uncles farm in Wabasha. I know that my group had a great year, but they hunted hard, I have to give them credit. My uncle got laid off this year, so he has had more time to hunt. Not a lot went right for him this year so I was very happy for him. He also has been hunting for almost 40 years, and this is by far his biggest buck. For a long time he was one of the brown its down guys. I am thinking that they are all happy that I got them to go the 3A season, we have never went that season before. He sat in his blind almost all day, everyday, for the first 5 days. He saw deer everyday, many times they were 400 yards away,but I kept telling him it was only a matter of time before he would get a shot at a nice buck. His persistence paid off. I am very happy for him.

P.S. the big buck that my cousin shot, was in the area we bow hunt, it was the buck I was chasing all fall with the bow.

Uncles deer, 14 point, gnarly rack. I don't have the story, I just know he shot it at 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday. He was by himself and didn't have anybody to take the pictures for him. Too bad, I hope he got them today.

UncleStevesDeer.jpg

Now THERE'S a rack with size and character. Big congrats to your uncle!

Awesome deer guys!

Our party did well near little falls this past weekend. We went 6-5 (intensive harvest area) and called it quits at 10am sunday morning. I was lucky enough to bag my a doe and here two fawns in three shots sunday morning after switching guns because I ran out of ammo earlier in the morning. I was pretty proud having never shot the gun before and never used a scope.

IMG_0497.jpg

The fawns were really chubby. Buck fawn was 90 lbs and the female was like 77lbs. Both stomachs were very bloated and packed w/ corn. Great eating!

Spearing Machine...the pic of your gun brought up alot of memories...i know there are a lot of 7400's out there but by chance you didn't get that used in st cloud a couple years ago did you??? the whole setup just looks so familier...

NTrider, glad you got some pics on there, I can see them good enough. Very nice buck. congrats to all.

I can't believe those does were fawns, they look huge.

ntrider, the gun isnt even mine. It was one of the other guys in my party who had to get to church after an hour of hunting when he found out i ran out of bullets and the rest were a ways back at the truck so i just used it. But, if i remember right he has had the gun for many years. I beleive it was purchased new.

I am guessing you are about 6' tall, and you like small next to that thing. His head (without the head gear) is massive

ACTUALLY ... im 6 foot 4!!! so yah that will put his body size in perspective to you. his legs were touching the 8 foot ceiling and his nose was on the ground when we hung him up... cant post those pics on here though

Geez, I can't believe some of the deer you guys shot this year! We're starting a management plan on the area we deer hunt after shooting alot of small bucks the last couple of years, and I passed on a little 1 1/2 year old 8 point and some does. Still haven't seen one worthy of a bullet yet, but I'm thinking if I give it a few years and the other parties that hunt next to us hold true to only shooting mature bucks, it won't be too long till we'll be seeing some brutes!!!