• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Barbara Currey Park in Eagan

Thanks Q. I'm familiar with the city site and it's not on there. Actually, the lake is seen, but not labeled. It's pretty small, but I was down there the other day and it looked deep and clear. Unless you looking for the sign (Westcott) you'd probably miss it. There's no "park" there at all. Google maps showed something interesting about this pond as well. I'll have to check it out myself I guess.

I just noticed this one the other day. let me know how it goes, and where you can park to access it.

I checked out the city of Eagan site there and there are bullheads in all the lakes. Are there any size to these bottom feeders?

• 7 years later...

Never fished that pond but a stones throw away McCarthy lake has plenty of bullheads in the 7-9 inch range along with the occasional panfish (Bluegill, Green Sunfish, Black Crappie all present) 

• 3 months later...

This pond had bass & sunfish in it 5-7 years ago. One of the bad winters (I believe it was 2011-2012) it appeared to freeze out. I made a few forays to its shores after that winter & never caught anything again. It's landlocked & completely dependent on rain, so the water level can fluctuate a great deal, which I suspect led to the die off. Right now the water level is high for this time of year. It's probably been three years since I hiked down there, if anyone gave it another try, let us know, or maybe I'll get bored & hit it again sometime. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had fished this last year. I caught a couple of largemouth, and several decent sized bluegills in about an hour of fishing. Just using some bobbers and leeches.