Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LEECH21

4-Mile or thr river fior sturgeon this weekend?

LEECH21

Heading up on Saturday to battle some sturgeon. For those of you that have already fished up there this year....would it be better to stay on the river or try to hit 4-Mile Bay? Whats your opinion?

Also I just heard the river went up and is muddy....is that true?

Thanks ahead for any opinions

-LEECH

shamrock7

I fished the river on Sunday and it was tough. Current picking up and some clouding with ample grass and leaves to foul your line. I have never fished the bay but would have to assume that it would have to be better. The current in the river is going to keep increasing with this warm weather until the snow melt is finished and they are talking more snow possible for the weekend.

Tyler Holm

We're leaning towards fishing the bay, if the wind isn't rockin.

DUCKJ

Can somene tell me where the bay is. We wll be up on Fri staying in the baudette area. Is it a long drive or boat ride from there.

Thanks

Duck

wally_fisherman

4 mile bay is off Wheelers Point. Maybe a 20 min drive to the resort on Highway 172 if you take the river it will be longer thats my guess.

Tim_Anderson

Monday was my last day of fishing. River and current was way up, and visibility was reduced to only about 6 inches. We had trouble catching any sturgeon in my regular spots, but did manage to scratch out 23 walleyes. Tuesday morning, the river was even higher and dirtier, with lots of floating debris...icebergs, trees, branches, etc. I'm guessing the Little Fork let loose, along with some of the other tributaries. If you are going up, I'm sure the bay is a better option, but that will probably be really tough as well. Hate to burst your bubble, but don't want you going up there with great expectations either. If you could, I'd consider postponing your trip.

Tim_Anderson

Duck,

Forgot to say, boat ramp out at wheelers point had quite a bit of shore ice on it as of Monday, but should be open by this weekend with all the warm weather and current. It's 12 miles up the road from Baudette, and puts you real close to the bay. You could call Adrians Resort for an update on the access @ 218-634-1985.

traveler

I want to get up and try as well...how long would you suggest to postpone?

LEECH21

Cannot postpone....the trip must go on....

LEECH21

I've been up there the last 4 years so I know what conditions can be like. Too bad we couldn't go last weekend. Do you think a 3oz sinker will hold us down if we fish the Gap?

Thanks

Team Otter

Monday was my last day of fishing. River and current was way up, and visibility was reduced to only about 6 inches. We had trouble catching any sturgeon in my regular spots, but did manage to scratch out 23 walleyes. Tuesday morning, the river was even higher and dirtier, with lots of floating debris...icebergs, trees, branches, etc. I'm guessing the Little Fork let loose, along with some of the other tributaries. If you are going up, I'm sure the bay is a better option, but that will probably be really tough as well. Hate to burst your bubble, but don't want you going up there with great expectations either. If you could, I'd consider postponing your trip.

"You should have been here last weekend".

Thanks for the update Tim. Like many others, can not postpone, so still headed North this evening.

Tim_Anderson

Best of luck guys.

I'd check the river, but plan on fishing the bay. My experience with the river is that it just does not clear that fast. My opinion is that it usually takes a week or two, and this year is the highest water and most runoff that I have seen. With all the warmth, those tributaries are going to be raging all week I'd guess.

Bring a variety of weights so that you are prepared. We used two or three ounce no-roll sinkers in the river most of the walleye season, and they worked fine. But I heard of guys needing more weight toward the end.

Check your rigs often for debris, and hope for the best. Hope you guys have success.

Team Otter

Tim, I know what you mean. We'll see what happens; fishing Friday - Sunday.

DUCKJ

Hey TO, we will also be fishing Fri thru Mon. If you see a tan crestline with Musky Nut on the side stop by and say HI.

Thanks for the heads up Tim. Looks like the boys still want to head up so we leave tomarrow morning. Ive never fished up there before. Is there anything I need to worry about on the river?

Duck

Tim_Anderson

My guess is you guys will fish the lake and find it with better clarity and less current and debris (hopefully).

The river is deeper than usual, and in my opinion, there is very little to worry about for obstacles relating to the bottom (shallow water bars, rocks, etc.)Somebody else may have more to say on that though? If you do fish the river, just watch out for icebergs and trees coming your way. That may be the case in the lake as well.

The guys you are going with know the drill and will help you out with the rest. Good luck!

DUCKJ

I was up last year but stayed down by Vidas the hole time. Just never fished in or by the bay. Thats the area I dont know.

With the posts that have been posted we are now in limbo on going or not. I want to go but I dont want to spend a bunch of money for nothing. Waiting to hear back from the other guys.

Also, im not heading up with Gregs group.

Duck

LEECH21

We plan on going up on Saturday and heading home on Wednesday. Sounds like the Gap the the place to be. Guess we'll find out when we get up there. Thanks for the info fellas. If any of you guys are up there this weekend, we'll be in a black and gray 1600 FishHawk.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Hows the access by the Gap? Do you think they will have docks in at the landing?

Thanks again

Casey Sunsdahl

the dock was in when we pulled out wed evening at the ramp by wheelers pt.

LEECH21

Awesome...thanks!

EYEYIEYE

bring as much weight as you can find. used 9 oz yesterday.

DTro

9OZ? shocked

I've used 7" live Bullheads in even the fastest current here on the MN and never had to go above 8oz and usually 5 is plenty.

The river must really be screaming.

bassboy

Fished the bay yesterday, it took a while to find a good spot to anchor in all the boats. Once we fond a good spot we caught 12 in just a few hours. The biggest was 59 by 24

LEECH21

What size weight was everybody using today? We used 5oz and it seemed to keep us down. Just wondering if we could get away with less. We saw fish get caught around us, but we didn't have much luck....plus we had anchor issues. Pretty frustrating day.

bassboy

we were using the lightest possible. depending on the spot it was everywhere from three to six.

LEECH21

Today was much better. We had a 60, 58. 54, 52, 50 and many in the 40's.