• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Hawk 1750 across the ice???

Has anyone pushed a Crestliner Fish Hawk 1750 across the shore ice successfully? I have a roller trailer and have been told its possible but wanted to hear from someone who's done it if its worth it.

i saw guys loading an 18' monarch with a BUNK TRAILER over the ice at frontier last year. i think you can load any boat over the ice, depends on how much ambition you have... people at the landing tend to be pretty helpful

Maxpower I will be up the April 4th through the 8th.. i f you are upp there them I am willing to give you a hand I would like to see it be done...

Great!!!

Now that the boat is in the water, how do I get it back on the trailer???

I guess those are minor details, I'm going there to catch fish!

Be EXTRA careful of the transducers. I've brought on old tire that I plop on the ice when pushin' the boat off. Make sure the 'ducer is in the hole (and is tilted UP)... Learned the hard way...Good Luck...

Thanks sal. I've put alot of thought into it but have never been really convinced that I can make it work. You guys are giving me some confidence.

I hope I don't have to, but I will if it comes to it. Might be nice out there with little company, and fishing in a more comfortable boat.

its real easy actually. those big boats slide on the ice like they were meant to. I watched 2 guys put an 18' lund in on the canadian side last year over about 50 yards of ice with ease.

when i was loading my boat back onto the ice last year i just pulled the front up to the ice slowly and once i was on the edge, just gunned it and it pulled right up onto the ice no problem!

Have any of you guys had problems with people taking things out of your boat when you leave them on the Ice over night.

Good thing my boat has a lifetime hull warranty!!!

If it comes to it, I'm going to do it.

Is it pretty easy to get it from the ice onto the trailer???

It would be cool to have a tilt boat trailer.

we didnt have a problem at all with a roller trailer. backed right up to the front of the boat, hooked it up and cranked the thing right up onto the trailer. as mentioned before- id be real carefull about your transducer

Thanks alot!!!

Actually that was one of the first things on my mind. Mine will fold up completely out of the way. Almost perfectly vertical. I'll keep and eye on it though.

jigginjim,

when i was loading my boat back onto the ice last year i just pulled the front up to the ice slowly and once i was on the edge, just gunned it and it pulled right up onto the ice no problem!

Will, check your email and give me a call.

Make sure you have a GOOD strap on your winch! I had no problem loading and unloading my 16ft alumnacraft over the ice last year. And even helped 3 guys load a broken down 17ft fiberglass tank, although a bit more of a challenge it can be done.

Make sure you have a GOOD strap on your winch! I had no problem loading and unloading my 16ft alumnacraft over the ice last year. And even helped 3 guys load a broken down 17ft fiberglass tank, although a bit more of a challenge it can be done.

So let me get this straight? You guys back up on the ramp truck on ramp trailer on ice. then you roll the boat off trailer onto ice. You then slide boat to water edge then jump in and go fish. you come back creep up to the ice and gunn it. the boat slides up at which point you drag to the trailler and load up? Does the ice not break from the weight? Have you ever jumped short or not made the jump and gotten wet? Im assuming most people wait till the ice goes out completely before launching? I got a 14' deep and wide Ive pulled boats like that over portages on wheels into the BWCA so id imagine this would be alot easier...

Bassboy....this is hows its done depending on how strong shore ice is! We backed our trailer right onto ice about 1-2 ft away from edge of ice unhooked the strap and hook up a rope to front of your boat and push it right off the trailer into the water ez as it gets!!!! Loading park your trailer about a foot or two from edge again with someone ready at your stap pull strap all the way back to end of trailer have that guy get outta the way, i drove my boat right onto ice and it kinda angles up so you can somewhat get your front of your boat onto your back rollers have your buddy hook up boat and start winching like a mother f*****, my boat anyways was just easy as heck to load and i have a 16ft alumnacraft with 50hp mercury on it....not the heaviest boat by all means but not a johnboat either. Besides the next boat in line to get loaded this way was a 18ft lund pro-v. Just be careful as all [PoorWordUsage] on that shore iceeeeee. Be safe as possible watch other ppl do it first maybe if there loading and unloading.

I understand that backing out to the edge of the ice has worked for you ("depending on how strong shore ice is") but there is significant risk involved. Today as we pushed our boat out, about 4 feet of the outside ice broke off under us. If we would have backed the trailer that far out out, we would have been hung up for sure.

We were able to keep all four vehicle wheels on concrete and only push boat 20' or so.

Be safe!

Hey Doug! Been watchin the reports here, scrambling to find a fishin partner since it sounds like my old man leaves for mexico on sunday.. gonna have the honeymoon sweet open for me again over the weekend? lol i cant wait to get back up there man, im goin nuts!!

I would expect to get scolded to "stay on topic" so call Carl & Ally for info. Number below.

That you Will? Can't keep everybody's names straight on hear.

Yeah the weather report is Yuck for a couple of days but kinda glad to see it cooling off to slow things down a bit.

Looks to be settling down for the W/E though.

Not sure why you and your buddy insist on calling your room the "Honeymoon Sweet"? LOL!

Lol, you got it. i think in the last 3 years ive brought 2 different girls up there now. Not this year, no way this girl im dating would survive an all-dayer in the boat, i think she would turn into a popsicle!! sounds like the best weather for the next 10 days might be like monday tuesday, so we'll have to see what shakes out.. got the boss on notice for my vacation days, he said give him a 24 hour warning and im good to go!

Will

Do have rooms for that time frame as of today. Stay on this side of the river and you may be able to afford a ring someday.