• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Holland Lake Fishing Reports - Eagan

As I recall, some of those sunnies were pretty nice sized.  I always wanted to take a canoe out there and hit around that island but that never happened, youre talking about the pond to the north of the campground across from that bike park or you talking the one to the south?

21 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

As I recall, some of those sunnies were pretty nice sized.  I always wanted to take a canoe out there and hit around that island but that never happened, youre talking about the pond to the north of the campground across from that bike park or you talking the one to the south?

the one to the south of the camp ground, directly across from the school of environmental studies. It actually has a name, believe it or not, lebanon calls it "wheaton pond".

Never fished that one, only the one north of the camp ground, the one with the island on it.  That one seemed like it could get deep in the middle, used to get big bass and a bunch of green sunnies right off Johnny Cake.  Nobody ever fishes those lakes/ponds.  Further down Johnny cake past McAndrews theres a larger pond on the west side of Johnny Cake by a church, my brother has a 11.5" Gill on the wall from that pond.  Riding the bike home with a 11.5" gill in a kemps ice cream pal... oh those were the days, now back to work...

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, 12345 said:

the one to the south of the camp ground, directly across from the school of environmental studies. It actually has a name, believe it or not, lebanon calls it "wheaton pond".

It does get winter kill. Sometimes when water levels are low, it can drain in a hurry. Couple of times some RVs hooked up to it and ran a pump out of it, they did get a fine, but it wiped out a big chunk of the water that was in it. Wheaton used to be a holding pond for walleyes for the DNR. I know one guy who lives around there was trying to illegally stock it again by himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...