• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

What a great time on the lake. variety of fish ptting on the food bag. 12 to 5 ft. seemed to be the best. We found some walleyes a tad deeper.

Went out Saturday speed trollin' pike,5 pike and one largemouth bass. Most of the fish hit a #18 floating Rapala,and several of the pike were only 20",I need bigger lures.

Today my father and daughter went with and we ended up with a mixed bag of smaller sized fish.My dad had 3 pike and 1 largemouth bass. My daughter had 2 pike,1 largemouth and 1 smallmouth bass and a bullhead. I had 1 pike,1 smallmouth bass,1 carp and a buffalo. All fish came on shad style baits.

Workin'

It is amazing how things have changed in the last week. From going to very few reports of fish biting, to reports saying things are going hog wild. Water temps must have come down enough to really get the fish feeding up. I have heard numerous reports of lake bites and river bites all over the state.

The nice weather really makes the fall fishing enjoyable.

I hope to get out this week.

Pheasant hunting in SD was very tough by SD standards this year. Bird numbers were cut in half by last winter. Still a lot better than MN, but not a gimmie for filling out. We had 14 for three guys in 2 days of hunting.

Avid

Got out for a few hours yesterday. Started out trying for bass and got a few. Then changed over to try to catch a meal of crappies and they were going crazy. The two of us boated 50+ with plenty of them from 10" to as big as 13". Was a great night on the water. Still a good week of 50 degree weather coming up.

Hester

I was out over my lunch hour and caught two pike and a 14.5 inch walleye.

Heading out after work.

Avid

One of the spots that I was hitting some fish was dicovered and I was blanked last night. There was a couple other people there.

Avid

I have hit numerous spots in the area you are fishing and it seemed they all had some fish.

Go to the east or west a bit and I would guess you will find some action.

Of all the locations I hit last Saturday, omly one spot had other fisherman and you know who they were.

I think I hit 10-12 of those spots with noone there so have at it.

In a few days, I may be back at it as I had some surgery and will be down for a few days.

Who knows, by moving around, we may run into each other.

I'm still taking the boat out plenty. I will be out there again today, high 40s and no wind should make for a plesent afternoon.

Yes, should be a nice day Hester. Good luck, widh I was able to get out. Was thinking about it but my wife remember what the surgeon said, rest only for the next few days.

Darn wives always makes one think to do the correct thing.

Catch a few for me hester.

Well, we did alright last night but not great.

We boated 4 or 5 bass 4 slimmers and about 30 crappies.

The water temp dropped form 53 on Monday to 49.8 last night.

Hester

It varies depending on the lake and who is responsible for the dock. Most lakes I have stopped at the docks are on shore.

It has been a couple days since I have been out but I have noticed most area docks still in the lake. I have been a little surprised to see so many in the water still, Koronis was the only one with it out. I'm hitting a couple lakes today and tomorrow so we will see.

Hester

I made it out Friday night for an hour.

I had a 18.5 inch eye and a 15.75 inch eye. I also had a couple pike and one really nice pike that got off. I had one more walleye up to the surface and he came unbuttoned. I was glad to get out for a little while. I hope to get out this afternoon, if the weather isn't too crappy.

Avid

Friday I fished an hour before work,that water is getting kinda chilly to stand in.I caught 2 bass and 1 pike all on spinnerbaits.

Saturday afternoon my dad and I went out looking for a few walleyes. Four other boats arrived at the same time,looked like I picked the wrong lake if we were looking for peace and quiet. The first spot I wanted to try had a boat on it so I moved on to another spot,no bites there. Second spot produced 3 walleyes but then had a couple of boats move in on us, so we moved out. Third spot produced 4 walleyes,but they were small,then we have a boat pull up to so close I thought it was a warden to check us out. We decided to troll cranks which did not produce any bites.

Workin'

Sunday afternoon my daughter and I went out and it was a" big goose egg ".

Thursday morning I got to the lake just before 9am,was not surprized to be the only one there, but was surprized to see 2 other boats show up before 10:30. I caught 2 walleyes not quite the bite I was hoping for.

Friday afternoon I hit some shore spots and tried a couple of river spots 1 pike and a few snagged bullheads,more disappointment.

Seems like a normal late fall bite, a decent bite one day and a lot of tough bites inbetween.

Workin'

Sitting home today after a weekend of deer hunting wondering what to do.

Thought to self, maybe a few hours after some eyes from shore.

Fish gods were looking down on me. Caught 5 nice fat 14.5-17 inch eyes. Used a jig and minnow and ran out of the few frozen minnows from my last outing. Used some gulp and landed a couple more.

Neighbors were sure happy when I took them a nice bags full of fillets.

Last week Sunday[the sixth] my daughter and I fished from shore we had a decent outing.My daughter caught 3 pike and I had 4 pike and 7 walleyes. I may have taught her everything she knows but not everything I know,at least not yet,but she is learning.

Friday,I went out for 7 hours,only managed 7 crappies,I trolled from 18 feet of water all the way to as shallow as 3 feet deep and could catch a walleye.

Saturday it was back to standing on shore,I caught 1 walleye and a few roughfish, along with getting bit off 3 times.

Today,my daughter and I stopped and picked up my brother and we fished for 3 hours. We had a total of 8 walleyes and 1 crappie,we each caught 3 fish.

It is getting pretty chilly sitting in the boat,will not be long and we will be walking on he water.

Workin'

I think I used my boat for the last time yesterday.

I was up north by Park Rapids. We boated about 7 pike in about 2 hours of fishing. Biggest was 28 inches.

We had one 17 inch walleye and some perch and bass on Saturday.

Time to shoot some honkers and mallards and then hopefully fish hard water.

Avid

I saw many smaller lakes and espically small ponds that were all frozen over on the way home today from North Dakota. Trouble is, the muddle to end of this week, warm temps are coming. ND will see temps on Thanksgiving over 50.

Yuppers same report over here. My hunting lake was frozen over solid enough for a 350 person to walk out 15 yards. Warm temps likely to reach 51 on Turkey Day for us, doesn't look like I'll be heading out to Marion any time soon. Really doesn't bother me all that much, seeing the lake freeze out only means that another ice year is coming upon us fast. And one can't forget, the friendly posts from all of you. Can't wait to start the chatter box, see you in one month y'all.

Well went and checked a couple spots today one lake just had a skim on it and the other had about 2.5 were there was no snow and about 1 were there was snow. Its going to be hard to be fishing on thanksgiving day like I have for the last three years

Friday morning my father and I hit some shore spots,tough catching and working around the iced up spots. Then in the afternoon we jumped in my boat for 3 hours hitting several spots that normally produce this time of year,results;not a bite.

Workin'

My cousin was ice fishing yesterday on a gravel pit. He said there was about 2 inches. No fish caught though.

Not enough ice for me.

I went goose hunting Saturday and we got our limit for five guys. Lots of honkers by Hutch.

Avid

• 3 weeks later...

Well I made it out but wasn't the best fish but I made it had 4 in were I was lake was froze over but some spots were less then other I see a wheeler out today too way that guy has testicles.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports