• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

hi all very slow weekend for me also. got 1 bass on a sucker minnow. avid is right the weeds are so thick in the shallows its hard to fish if your on the outside weed edge not much happens hopefully they will die off soon

I made it out today in the breezy conditions,fished from shore,and managed 1 walleye and 2 largemouth bass for 3 hours of fishing.The wind pushing the light rain through the air made it almost miserable.

workin'

Crappies are schooled up and active in the Buffalo area. I've been getting them on a small bullet jig tipped with plastic. Should get better as it cools down.

I had my best weekend of fishing in about two months. I managed 10 walleyes, 17 crappies and 15 plus pike. Biggest eye was 17.5 inches and biggest pike was about 4 pounds. The biggest crappie was 11 inches.

The old green 1/8 ounce jig and minnow was the ticket. Fish are shallow right now. Everything was in less than 8 feet of water.

Avid

10/3/11 Pulaski Report

Got on the lake around 1pm. I tried fishing the rocks up by little Pulaski. Was able to pick up 8 Bass in the 2 lbs range and a whole lot of Rock Bass. I then moved out deeper and tried for some Walleyes. I had no problem finding Walleyes but getting them to bite was a different story. I bounced from spot to spot before I came across a spot that kicked out some fish. I ended up catching 6 Walleyes, 5 were in the 13-16" range with one 22" fish.

Here's a video I made from one of the spots...

I hate to tell you, MedicineMan, but you must have been on a different lake. Pulaski doesn't have any walleyes. Just rockbass.

Medicine, that was awesome.

how are you recording that on your aquaview?

Are just putting your camera up to it and recording video?

found many fish on the breaks today. 8-15 fow. water temp was 62 on the lake I was on. many people were enjoying one great day on the water. oh, and the fish were good for dinner tonight!

Had a tip that the walleye bite was on at Minnie Belle. Gave it a shot tonight with crawlers and plugs. Had one fish on, but other than that, pretty slow. Great night though. Haven't had much luck lately finding the active fish, but love this fall weather.

Went out for a couple hours this morning. Was hoping there would be pretty good action, but that was not the case. We ended up catching on nice bull sunfish and a couple of 10-11 inch crappies, all were within the first 15 minutes and then they shut off. We also missed a couple of bites and had a larger crappie come off near the boat. Everything was caught on a simple bobber and minnow set up in 9-10 FOW.

Hey guys, pretty new to the area. Had realy good luck at belle and Francis early this year, but things have slowly gotten worse since early July. Been blanked way too many times. Any help with a lake to try right now would be greatly appreciated!

Hey eyes,

Welcome to the forum. I normally post something once a week, but have been farming the last few weeks. Fishing reports have really slowed down. People are hunting or farming. I still have been hearing about a few walleyes being caught at South Grade Road in Hutchinson. Try early morning or an hour before dark. Jig and minnow or twister tail. You are almost guaranteed a fish if you give it an hour. Sometimes you will smack them and times you will maybe get one or two. Lake reports have been limited.

Avid

Welcome eyesinbox!

I tried Minne Belle a few weeks ago with only a pike and bass taking my bait. Had another bite off shortly after the pike bit so assuming it was another. Talked to some other folks out there who were only getting bass but fishing for walleye. Most trucks I've seen at any lake landing in a long time (six!), and they were all gone by the time I decided to give up.

Pheasants in ND is next week's plan so I may be done for the year but I'm not all that disappointed that is, considering how poor of year it was. Ready to put it behind me and never look back!

Thanks guys. Moved here from SD so was usually pheasant hunting by this weekend too. Think I'll keep the boat out till it freezes, hoping to catch the cold water bite. Will let you know if they start snappin'!

Jeff

I made it out for a couple hours last night and had a good time. I was fortunate enough to land six pike, one went 33 inches. I had about a 8 pound channel catfish and I pulled three walleyes. The biggest walleye was 20 inches. The other two were small. The wild was alive last night. Geese flying and deer grazing. Reminded me why I love fall so much.

Avid

Spent a few hours on Marion yesterday with only one walleye to show for all the effort. But, another nice Fall day, although somewhat windy.

I hit up a few spots on the Buffalo Creek.

Lake fishing has been quiet from the reports I have heard. I didn't make it out over the weekend. Farming is done for me and now I will be fishing and hunting like crazy. Heading to SD to shoot roosters next weekend. Then I will be chasing eyes and waterfowl with a few deer in the mix.

Avid

It is not easy finding time to fish or report on fishing lately.

Last week one morning[2am],I stepped in the water and casted cranks for an hour and a half.I caught one largemouth bass [18+ inches] and one walleye[17.5 inches].That walleye must have had it in for me because it swam at me and stuck a treble in my waders.

Today I made it out and had quite a few fish but most were small[1 sunfish,2 perch,4 bass,5 crappies and 6 walleyes].The weather was sure pleasant light wind made for easy boat control. Hope to get out both Saturday and Sunday.

Workin'

The last 2 trips out, the eyes seem to be feeding well and the crappie are nuts.

I could not keep the crappie of the hook yesterday morning.

I fished a basin in the lake and anyplace there were weeds on the bottom, the fish were stacked there.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports