• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Forest Lake-Hinckley-Lindstrom-Pine City-Rush City Fishing Reports

I am heading to Nemadji in the morning for some wolf hunting. I will pull in the access on my way home and let you know. I know there were people walking out on Moosehorn lake in Moose Lake 2 weeks ago.

Just got back from checking it out. There are wheeler and snowmobile tracks out there. I walked about 30 yards out and there was a frozen over slushy spot. Someone had drilled a hole this morning to check the ice so I reached down and it is around 7 inches. One guy was fishing across the lake by the other campground. Didn't see any permanents.

Chisago lakes scouting. No tracks on North Center. Portable on the far east bay of South Center. No tracks at dinnerbell. No tracks on Little Green. No tracks on Comfort. Snowmobile tracks on the pond behind Trappers. Few tracks in the channel between Chisago and South Lindstrom.

Rush Point store reports people walking out about 400 yards from the West Rush Lake landing. Also, 3-4" on a small lake near Grandy! Caught my 1st two (small) norhterns this afternoon!! Very nice afternoon to be out on a lake!

Son and I went out on East side of willow point. Popped a few holes and there was 2 inches of good clear ice. 5 inches of white water filled stuff on top of it.

Son and I went out on East side of willow point. Popped a few holes and there was 2 inches of good clear ice. 5 inches of white water filled stuff on top of it.

Was that you in the popup frabil tent? It looked as though third and second opened up with the rain but skimmed back over. VERY sketchy ice out there so be safe.

No we were on the snowmobiles asked them when they came off the landing they said close to 5. I wouldnt tempt it tell this weekend myself smile

I poked around on Forest the other day and found 5-6 inches in all the areas I checked. There are some wicked looking heaves out there and some scary looking spots that were last to freeze but plenty of ice for walking out at this point.

Tunrevir~

was on the channel for a few hours yesterday. a bunch of people out. ice was about 7 inches. 5 of clear black and about 2 of white choppy dump. Pretty slow, just a few crappies and a sunny.

Dinnerbell. 4 little sunnies. Dark ice where I set up first was 3 and a half with a tape measure. Moved shallower and saw a couple pike on cam. White ice at second spot was 4 and 3/4. Nothing ever touched tip up.

havent posted in a while but this is what i got. was out yesterday on chisago, parked at the frankies acc. on the big hill saw no tracks. so instead of pulling out the house we just put on the life jackets and grabbed the spudbar. made it.3mi out to good clear ice where there was about 4in. maybe 5 to six before the clear stuff. but it was making noise when we would cross the cracks. dont know if i would take a wheeler yet cause the ice before the clear ice seemed to make more noise than the clear ice did. didnt have a bite but nice to know it wont be long before we can get around the lake(foot travel of course) be smart and be safe hqve fun grin

Hit the chisago channel this morning. Not a whole lot of action. Just some dink sunny and a bonus bass. Im no good at this early ice panfishing lol. Any tips for some early ice crappie would be appreciated.

Forest yesterday from 130 till 8 pm. First set up on 15 foot break. We were so plagued with 6 inch perch we had to move. Seems to me all a gamefish will have to do is yawn and he will be choking on perch. Moved to 25 feet and got away from them. Son got a 17 inch eye at sunset and we marked lots of fish after dark. Every one we caught was an 8 inch or smaller crappie.Probably got between 12-17 of em. Which was pretty good for how finicky they were. Did see a car drive out .

I was on bone yesterday and the ice i saw was anywhere between 8-10. didnt catch a thing. first time i fished thelake though and was probably in a wrong spot. stringer where on forest were ya?

Been out hopping around on Forest the past few weeks. Pike are active in and around the weeds in 8-12 fow, you can also find gills in and around the weedbeds as well with some nighttime crappie activity. Crappies have been active from the outside edges of the weeds out into the basin areas with the 18-30' depths holding a ton of fish but you have to sort through a bunch to keep a few. Walleye reports have been mixed with fish being caught as shallow as 7' and as deep as 30' but as a rule the 15' depth is a good jumping off point to start searching especially if you have a bottom transition nearby.

Tunrevir~

• 3 weeks later...