• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Croix River Fishing Reports

Joe

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Some where on Youtube there is a video from DTro who used to post on this page, where he and another guy pull in some Sturgeon from the Bayport area.  

Here it is:

Edited by leech~~

52 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Some where on Youtube there is a video from DTro

sorry to hi-jack, but  DTRO's Show us your Shanty tour videos  he has been posting to YouTube lately has been an awesome fun series to watch. Here is the latest from the Croix:

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, rundrave said:

sorry to hi-jack, but  DTRO's Show us your Shanty tour videos  he has been posting to YouTube lately has been an awesome fun series to watch. Here is the latest from the Croix:

Yeah, he's pretty much an accomplished Youtuber now make some side cash off all the viewer hits! 😉

• 3 months later...

Spent yesterday afternoon wading the upper croix. Water actually seemed a little low. There was lots of floating grass, so my traditional approach of using a fire tiger jointed rapala was unusable. Tried a whopper plopper for a bit, which avoided floating grass better, but I just didn’t have confidence in using it. So since it seemed like the crayfish outnumbered the rocks, I decided to use a weightless Texas rigged plastic craw. Caught 3 smallies, and a pike. 

B4B22F9E-5A9B-41DC-9722-08B74130F186.jpeg

546D8804-CDFF-4189-9AA7-B7AF1FD5DA2C.jpeg

2BACC53B-3C8E-4983-B877-78912D37F8CA.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Was planning on bass fishing a small lake today. But as soon as I pulled up to the lake, it started raining ☔️ Waited for a little bit, to no avail. And the forecast didn’t look promising.

I actually target days with inclement weather.  Bright sun and bluebird skies are the exact opposite of what I am looking for.  I don't fish in a thunderstorm, but rainy/cloudy days are a blessing, especially if they fall on the weekend.  Keeps a lot of people off the lake, including all of the recreational boats.  Plus the fishing is almost always better too.

Nice sturgeons BTW

That’s commitment.  Love the look on your daughter’s face. 😁  That’s admiration right there.

• Yayyyy 1

On 8/19/2022 at 8:34 PM, JBMasterAngler said:

Sat in the rain all day. Kids hooked into a few redhorse.

B1C76B7D-F170-4D34-8E59-B44392993693.jpeg

0CF7AC7F-FF00-45AD-B89B-AB9B7FDB34CF.jpeg

Dad Word: Harbor Freight 

Emergency rain slicker is compact enough to pack in your glove box, brief case or tool kit.

$2.99  😕

69830_W3.jpg

58 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

I have plenty of rain gear…nobody wanted to use it 🤷🏻‍♂️

When it’s hot out, sometimes there’s no point anyway.

• I Like it 1

Nice crappies.  And I think I lean toward muskie too but it would be an easier call to see if the tail was forked or rounded and the pores under the jaw.

That’s a juvenile pike. Light pattern on dark background is ALWAYS a pike. Muskies are ALWAYS opposite.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Soaked some crawlers at interstate park. Lots of bait stealers. Caught my first catfish in forever! Otherwise just a little smallie, and a mooneye. 

B793183D-6669-4F6C-8E41-573CF63DC96F.jpeg

094EAFBD-5D60-4CA3-96F8-275F584D6B17.jpeg

A7EB85A3-F2FA-40F3-A273-92EA58BAF115.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Slow weekend. Soaked crawlers at various spots above and below the dam. Only a couple mooneye and little redhorse to show for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew the river was low, but holy cow! I launched at William O’Brien and I couldn’t even make it to the main channel with my little boat!  Decided to take the opportunity and use a Ned rig for the first time ever. Caught 3 little bass. Definitely a win win day! 😁

BCFE54E4-8478-4768-8CF5-F34CB976BD39.jpeg

2595BEB2-560B-45F0-B9A3-15EA14BBA09C.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1