• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

I fished Pleasant Lake in Rockville today from 3pm to dark their is still a foot of good ice and around 2inches of slush on top, I drilled 15 holes started in 20fow and worked my way shallow marked fish deep but wouldnt bite found active fish in 9fow small green tear drop with a euro is what the bluegills were hitting on. No strikes on minnows

My son and I fished a lake near St. Cloud yesterday evening and caught a mix of nice sized Gills and Crappies. They were much more aggressive then they had been earlier in the week. We didn't catch any fish shallower then 20', with most caught in the 28' depths and suspended about 2 - 5' off the bottom. Unfortunately the ice along the shoreline is going fast.

Nels

Was out on an area lake Saturday night, caught a limit of crappies. They were nice size, and the fishing was only getting better when I left at 9:30. Will be out to C&R some more, all fish over 10" had eggs in them.

• 2 weeks later...

lake george went last night. did not see the big orange carp floating so she's still up for grabs. would think by the weekend a lot of other lakes will be good to go. time to clean out the boat!

Very good news. Think I could sell that orange carp as a koi?!? Those things bring some bucks!

I hear from a good source that they are fishing in the briggs channel with boats. Weather they are getting anything or not is the question of the day.

I sure wish I was'nt stuck working today cry.

I fished the bayou today. There were some being caught but it's not lights out yet. The lake is wide open.

Pearl went out today. I'm guessing Grand and others are right behind it. They sure looked close yesterday. Get your boats ready!! Just in time for the cold front smile

yep pearl was ice free when I looked out the window before work this morning.... Grand might be a few days behind but dont get to exited they are not the best lakes to fish on ice out.

For what it's worth Kraemer opened yesterday, this AM only ice that remained was piled up on the SW shoreline. Not an epic fishery but another lake to get da kinks out of das bot for the season.

I believe one needs to be a member of the St Joe Rod/Gun Club to fish Kraemer.....although I know lots of people who use it without buying a membership.

Carmike- you are correct on both accounts. You DO need to be a member of the SJGRC to use the launch and yes many do w/o. The other option is to be a member of the lake association.

The club dues are around $20/yr (I think). The dues give you permission to use the ramp on Kraemer and little Watab(?) and also goes towards stocking both lakes.

• 2 weeks later...

I got out yesterday and the water is still pretty chilly only finding a few 50's in the shallowest of bays. Not much in the forecast to change this except eventually the sun will be so direct it will have to get warmer, for sure by july smile I'm pretty sure the water temps were already in the low sixties this time last year. The fish are there but certainly not turned on yet. While slow, did catch, and saw others catching, a few here and there. All in all a fun day and great to get out again, actually, It was almost like river fishing as you never knew what was going to hit: a few bass, then a few crappie, a few more bass, the boat next to you lands a huge gill that gets you excited, but then you get a nice hit only to see a northern smile and slice you off. Might have to change gears and fish on a overcast day instead hoping they will be less spooky. Also might spend some time on the breaks trying to coax a bite out of the staged fish, as they have to eat sometime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

My father and I went fished Koronis Sunday night pulling cranks shallow. We ended up catching 6 walleye, 2 pike, and 1 smallmouth. Had a few fish come unbuttoned but most fish that hit did so aggressively and were well hooked. Water temps ranged from 50.2-55.4 and the water was stained. Water levels were quite high. There was minimal weed growth. The fish we found were scattered.

It was good to be out again even if the fishing was slow for us.

Great report Borch grin.

I too got out over the weekend. I fished the river here in town Sat. and did pretty well for the usual river mix of fish.

I made it out to the chain yesterday along with quite a few other people wink. Water temp was still in the low to mid 50s pretty much everywhere we went. Fishing was slow but steady most of the afternoon but picked up durring prime time. We got most fish on northland fireballs tiped with fatheads till we ran out of minnows then got quite a few more on long shank jig's tiped with a half a crawler. We found most of our fish in the river yet and the bulk of the fish came from 3-10ft of water.

Just a few more hours and I will be enjoying my first fresh walleye dinner in a long time laugh .

Fished the chain on saturday night at midnight and did marginal. Ran around for a few hours before midnight hitting some waypoints on the GPS so we could then find them in the dark. At midnight started pitching jigs shallow and found some nicer fish 17-19 and a decent amount of fish in the 12-13 inch range that went back in the lake. Left the lake at 3 o clock and two of us had 8 fish which wasnt bad. Caught up on some sleep and were then back at about 2 and were able to play bumper boats by the bridge and pick up our last 4 all at about 15 inches. Could not believe how some people acted at the bridge. Please have some common courtesy to other anglers everyone is out to have a good time. Also profanity so that other boats can hear is a tad bit inappropriate especially when people are out thier with thier kids. I know a white yarcraft under the bridge was way out of line and somebody finally said something to them. Have a good time on the water to everyone that can get a chance to get out.

I fished Grand this afternoon for a couple hours and the pike were hitting pretty good. The water temps were 58-60 and most came from 7-8fow. Also saw some people catching panfish.

hit up briggs this weekend and did ok on the crappies and ended up catching 8 walleyes with the biggest being 24.5" and the other 7 were 13-15"

hit up briggs this weekend and did ok on the crappies and ended up catching 8 walleyes with the biggest being 24.5" and the other 7 were 13-15"

A 24.5" Walleye?? nice fish.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Fished Koronis last night with lots of action but the eyes ran small and lots of fish lost pulling cranks. A couple of eaters were landed and a nice 24" eye as well. All were released. Water temps hanging right around 60 degrees.

Fishing is spotty with all this weather changes. Managed a few pike and a couple walleye. Nothing to write home about though.

• 3 weeks later...

Remind me why I even bother to bring my net when I go fishing? Had a 6-7 lb walleye literally slip through my fingers 2 nights ago at the dam... Anyone else catching fish around here?

ive been catching bass and some big eyes on the river by state buy unlike most of the ppl their i dont flock to the crowds i stay away from everyone and do just fine from 7pm to dark has been the best times for me a pink glowing jig head and either a white 3" twister tail or a 3" gulp alive minnow has worked the best for me.

still new to this area, and wondering if people have been fishing little rock north of cloud, briggs, or long by clearwater?

Have not had the time to get there, but going to spend the weekend learning these lakes.

BNS

I fish the briggs chain and it can be tricky but it has some nice fish in there

Caught about 20 cats today (biggest around 22/23 inches, a couple large redhorse, a carp, and a couple walleye today on the Horseshoe Chain of lakes. Caught all on a Lindy Rig and nightcrawler.