• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
21 hours ago, Rick G said:

Finding most of my better late January fish out deeper than I was earlier this month. With the snow cover and thicker ice we have on most of our area lakes, a lot of the shallow green weeds are starting to die off or already have died off. 

With conditions getting tough in the shallows on some lakes, this will push the fish a bit deeper looking for food and more comfortable habitat.  

Tricked this beauty and a few of his buddies into biting today.

IMG_20220128_142326024_HDR~3.jpg

Rick what kind of slush are you seeing around the lakes? Thanks.

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Rick what kind of slush are you seeing around the lakes? Thanks.

For the most part, not too bad around here. Couple spots on the chain where the snow drifted deeper still are wet.   Further north it's been a problem on the lakes I have or friends have hit.   Hear some lakes out west still are having problems too.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rick G said:

For the most part, not too bad around here. Couple spots on the chain where the snow drifted deeper still are wet.   Further north it's been a problem on the lakes I have or friends have hit.   Hear some lakes out west still are having problems too.

Thanks for the report. I've done my share of digging sleds out of slush! 🙁

• 3 weeks later...

hi all.  it finally let me sign back in as the beloved or hated eyeguy 54. LOL  

• Thumbs Up 4

47 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

hi all.  it finally let me sign back in as the beloved or hated eyeguy 54. LOL  

great to see you back sir.......👍 why you get banned!!!!!!!🤣🤗

🙄🤔😒 cant figure out how to start a new thread..........

anyway....iffin anyone is interested WINNERS bar in cold spring is having a wild game feed MARCH 5th starting about 2 pm.  lotz of goodies of wild critters. bring some fish, deer, whatever ya got.....road kill????🤣

i'll even let ya buy me a beer!!!!!!!!!😉

Lol. Couldn’t remember password and it didn’t recognize my email. No idea what happened. Tried it again and it sent me a link finally. 

• Yayyyy 1

7 minutes ago, smurfy said:

great to see you back sir.......👍 why you get banned!!!!!!!🤣🤗

Banned, who's left to banned anybody? 🤭

• Yayyyy 1

I might still have a sheriffs badge 🤓

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

11 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Lol. Couldn’t remember password and it didn’t recognize my email. No idea what happened. Tried it again and it sent me a link finally. 

well glad your back!!!!!!!!!!👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Thx 😁 will check in once on a while. Lotta good memories on here

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/17/2022 at 8:03 PM, Rick G said:

It's mid February, this up and down rollercoaster weather pattern has been hanging around for the better part of a month and a half now.  This has made putting a consistent pattern together kinda tough. One day the fish will bite very well, the next you gotta downside bait and work them to trigger bites.  

The last couple weeks we have been targeting one of the bigger lakes in the area. Having our best luck from 4 till dark, cloudy days the bite starts a little earlier. Best bait has been the Clam pinhead mino, fished baitless. This spoon has put countless crappies on the ice for me the last two winters.

IMG_20220217_174951737_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20220207_174621083_HDR.jpg

Rick, do you ever use minnows, waxes or Euro larve at all?  

Rick, do you ever use minnows, waxes or Euro larve at all?  

If live bait is what the fish want...that's what I feed 'em😏  sometimes the fish will bite nothing else, rare occasion...but it does happen. I Bought minnows a couple times this winter, mainly for walleye fishing. I think I bought waxies and larve once this winter. Pretty sure the waxies are still in my coat pocket..lol.  

97% of the time I don't use live bait.  Sometimes I don't even use plastics. The pinhead mino run baitless has caught more than it's share of fish the last couple winters. 

IMG_20220219_165205029_HDR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rick G said:

If live bait is what the fish want...that's what I feed 'em😏  sometimes the fish will bite nothing else, rare occasion...but it does happen. I Bought minnows a couple times this winter, mainly for walleye fishing. I think I bought waxies and larve once this winter. Pretty sure the waxies are still in my coat pocket..lol.  

97% of the time I don't use live bait.  Sometimes I don't even use plastics. The pinhead mino run baitless has caught more than it's share of fish the last couple winters. 

IMG_20220219_165205029_HDR.jpg

Thanks. Yeah more then once I have found a disk of waxes or Euros in my coat pockets a little two late to save them!  😕

A few years ago at work on a Monday, I had my coat hanging on a door knob and good thing none of the ladies walked in before I rounded up all the waxes crawling on my coat and the floor!  🤣

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 2

Last two outings i tipped the pinhead with red euro on each hook. Worked dandy.  

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Last two outings i tipped the pinhead with red euro on each hook. Worked dandy.  

Picked up a few pinheads, hope to give them a shot tomorrow!  

Picked up a few pinheads, hope to give them a shot tomorrow!  

You’re going?  Hot dang, good luck!

• Confused 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:18 PM, Rick G said:

97% of the time I don't use live bait. 

Same.  It gets so freaking old stopping at the bait shop all the time and paying for bait, trying to keep it alive, etc.  I made the switch to artificial lures about a decade ago.  Live bait is for the birds.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a face. 😂

• I Like it 1
  • Yayyyy 1

7 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Such a face. 😂

That's my oh shyt, Royce is about to move right next to me when he sees this fish face😏😁

• Yayyyy 4

2 hours ago, Rick G said:

That's my oh shyt, Royce is about to move right next to me when he sees this fish face😏😁

And it worked 😁🐟🐟

52694E1F-C091-45D1-8D90-2CFD3D40AC9D.jpeg

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Yayyyy 1