Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Joe

Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

wakeguy

Fished Upper Cormorant on the 5th. Caught a mixed bag of 3 bass, 2 pike and over 50 gills. It was nice to catch some large gills compared to the metro fish I've grown used to catching. We were on a little saddle in 14 FOW. We caught all but 1 fish on our jigging sticks with a Ratso and waxies.

fisherdog19

Got out one last time for the year, it was a good finally. Fished for about 3 hours and got about 20 crappies. We ran out of gas in the auger so we could only drill 8 holes and we didn't want to walk an additional 300 yards to the are we fished last week that has about 150 open holes. Could probably get out a couple more times but I figure enough is enough. Time to check out a couple river inlets for panfish, and to get the boat out and ready.

KEN W

Yup fisherdog.....went out one last time yesterday as well.Did pretty well on bluegills.With rain forcast the next few days,I think it is about over.Don't remember ice fishing this late in april before.

Cicada

Went out last night. The wind went down before I got there, so I wasn't happy about that. Caught a rock bass as the sun went down and a crappie about the eighth inning of the Twins game. Had two other bites, but I whiffed on them.

FMSmitty

Hauled the boat to Big C tonight only to find the majority of the northern 1/2 of the lake ice covered. Ice was out 100 yards or so from the landing but there was no way to go south around the point because of ice. Soooo... we went and shore fished the bay across from swannies. I am guessing we were a week early. No bites at all. Oh well, it was good to wet a line.

Jim Uran

I went out to one of my favorite haunts last night for crappies and gills, but no luck. It was pretty windy for my little jigs so I threw a crappies minnow under a bobber and just sat on shore and watched the loons. No bites, a little too early for that spot but it's a nice peaceful lake out in the hills and it was relaxing. This weekend me and my bro will be bouncing around on a couple of those lakes seeing what we can find.

fisherdog19

Got out yesterday and caught around 30 crappies with a buddy up to 13.5" from a shore spot. Today's beautiful weather will push them back until we get another 2 days of nice weather. Still haven't gotten the boat out, need to get it out before opener to make sure everything works ok.

Jim Uran

Nice Job Peter, The weather is horrible for fishing now, did you see the cool nights coming up? I imagine Satrday I'll find them somewhere!!!

fisherdog19

I did, but the days are gonna be sunny and somewhat warm.

Jim Uran

Well I got water temps in the mid to high 40's. Got into a bunch of crappies in a muddy bay that read close to 50 on the finder. I found them in 4-8 FOW. C&R'd a couple pike and a waldo too, it was a good trip. Good to be out in the boat again.

Jim Uran

I cruised around Tulaby lake tonight looking for some hot pannie action but all I could find were some tiny bluegills, a few scraggly perch, and a couple of those awesome rock bass. The temp was 43 main lake, and 45-46 in close to the bay on the south west side. Still a bit cold for anything to move in shallow IMO. I'm going to hit Little Elbow sometime this week, the crappies don't run too big but a guy can catch quite a few of 'em.

fisherdog19

I got out with a buddy today as well, water was up to 53.4. Started fising around noon and water temp was 51.2 and we were getting sporadic fish in 5-7 fow as the day progress and the wind was blowing relentlessly from the West we moved into a little shallower and to the far east side of the bay. The water was over 53 and the crappies moved in. As we got closer to 5pm the crappies went nuts and we were catching them on every cast. We caught close to 50 in about 5 hours of fishing with about 30 of them coming in the last hour we fished. We were still catching them when we left but I had both my kids with me and they were getting hungry and tired. The great thing was that there wasn't another boat on the lake at the time. A few boats came earlier in the afternoon but they were fishing on the calmer side of the bay an in shallow, thus they caught no fish and left!! It's amazing how people know they should fish the windy side and don't; sure we had to run 2 anchors but it was well worth the trouble.

Jim Uran

The windy side is the place to be, I mean 60% of the time it works everytime smile!! That is where I do most of my fishing though, Opening weekend if we got a stiff north wind, I know a few lakes that will be putting out the walleyes hard in 4-6 fow. 5 more days and it's on!!!!!!!

Skitterpop

Fished Lida/Crystal today. A TON of bass and 5 crappie. Too bad it wasn't bass season. Biggest largemouth was 19 inches. Fun to catch on light tackle but after awhile I was doubting any crappies were in the shallows. All crappies were 11-12 inches and males (they were dark already). Still swimming around too.

mooneye

Leech,

Let me know how things look at Little Elbow-I used to live on Tulaby and L. Elbow is my favorite lake of all time-I am coming up on Fri. and was thinking about hitting it Sat. morn...

Scoot

Well... how'd it go, folks? I am in Fargo kid-watching during the marathon and can't fish this weekend. Give me the good news- where'd you find fish?

GBPackerNut

Dont worry Scoot, I am sitting at the marathon right now, thankfully I have the internet...

Might go out tomorrow afternoon / evening.

slick2526

no reports yet or is everyone doing that bad lol? Im sitting in the cities right now at a relatives that is moving to alaska and giving me all of his fishing equipment.

madbomber10

Went to Lida bright and early and it was COLD, and so was the fishing. Caught a couple Perch and Northerns. Talked to a bunch of guys and only heard of one walleye being caught. It was tough going out there. Water temp was right around 49ish on the East side of N. Lida.

Bran32

A big fat zero for me!!!!

Skitterpop

Brutal! I was also on Lida. Typical cold opener and even had a friendly visit from the Game Warden. Nice to see them out enforcing the slots. Moved over to Crystal for a few hours and only got bass and a nice 30 inch pike. I didn't think pike that size even remaind in Crystal. BTW, it is still swimming in Crystal smile. If you didn't make it out today then IMO you didn't miss much. (Unless you enjoy the racing around at the public accesses and the fisherman who haven't started their motors since last fall trying to start it at the ramp)

Josher

Only got 2 but they were really nice. 27.5 and 25 inch walleyes.

Cicada

One small northern and four missed bites. Got checked by the game warden twice on Lida. Second time I was retying and didn't hear him coming. Scared the devil out of me in broad daylight. Went back into Bass Harbor and even got zeroed there. Saw a bunch of largemouth caught, but no crappies. Talked to three guys that grew up in Pelican, they had caught two walleyes, one too small and one too big. They were still looking for the ones that were "just right."

ranger20

i got 2 1 19 and 1 that was 26 but very cold o yea and a 15 #crappige got it trolling

Jim Uran

I caught a TON of northerns, a TON of crappies, and 7 walleyes total for the day, but the biggest walleye was only 16". Caught quite a few keeper crappies in the 10 -12" range though.