• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any recent reports from Gull Lake?  What's working for Walleyes? What water temps are you seeing?  I will be staying at a resort and fishing it for the first time this weekend.  

• 4 weeks later...

well didn' t get a lot of time on the water this weekend but did sneak out with the boys for a little sunnie fishing on the WFC.  We didn't find too many beds but the fish were sitting out in the 6-10 weed line and we had fun catching a few.  We kept 9 sunnies and 2 crappies for a little father's day meal.  We also caught a nice 14" crappie that was skinny as could be as is expected since the spawn just ended for them I believe.  Can't wait to get out this week and try again as I think the sunnies will be really biting good!  Good Luck- Oz

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

So the last post was from me back in June so I thought I would update it a little...since July I have been strictly fishing over deep water looking for suspended walleyes on the whitefish chain pulling cranks over 60-120 ft of water.  We have had some success and at times we have had no success but we are still trying to figure out how to get our baits in front of the fish.  Good times and soon the fish should be putting on the feedbag getting ready for winter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

First time up in Brainerd in 3 years. Went to big trout on Friday, thinking it would be a guarantee (which it usually is). Nope! Not even the rock bass were hitting! Only ended up with a couple pike and a couple largemouths. The inspector at the boat launch was showing me some pics of a couple lake trout this one guy had caught a few days earlier, a 34 and 36 incher! Saturday we were going to fish gull, but it was jam packed with people! Was there a tournament going on? Ended up at a secret little lake where my wife caught bass and pike one right after the other, while I couldn't get a bite to save my life! Was good to be back up there after a 3 year absence. Hopefully I'll find the time to get up there again.

• 8 months later...

My son and I had a great day bass fishing the weekend of catch and release only. We caught almost 30 fish and the biggest was 23" 7.6lbs and the smallest was 20 3/4" all prespawn pigs on deep cranks on wind blown inside turns on the deep breaks of points. Oh this so brought back all my memories of tournament days of Bass Fishing but never have I had this many big fish in one day and the best part was spending it with my son who is also hooked on bass fishing and has been since he was 4 when he started going with me pre fishing for tournaments. the best partner a Dad can have is his Son or Daughter. here are a couple of pics that i have on my computer I will upload more of the pigs.

bass 1.jpg

Bass 2.jpg

Bass 3.jpg

Bass.jpg

Carter bass 1.jpg

Carter Bass.jpg

Carter3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Wow, those are dandy's!

Outstanding bass @Timber Ghost! Starting to find some post spawned fish on the outside weedlines now, not that caliber yet though. I mainly fish walleyes until they get bucky; so far this spring the bite has been non-stop :grin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nice...very nice! Well done @Tom Sawyer

Some of you ought to consider following him here on fm to see all of his reports. He's a good one.

There are some other gems as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone have any reports on panfish sliding up shallow? I was up at bar harbor on gull and didn’t catch anything worth noting, but it was pretty busy.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Was up camping and shore fishing in the area last weekend with my grandsons. We couldn't find anything in yet as well. ?

Edited by leech~~

• 7 months later...

Anyone been doing much ice fishing as of late? Rice lake in Brainerd has been pretty hot for panfish, but it’s starting to get pretty busy out there now. Anyone fished any other lakes as of late?