• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi River Pool 4 Fishing Reports Pool 5, 6, 7 , 8 & 9

Was out yesterday and the current is about what I expected. We did ok but not great with a few nice fish mixed in. I too agree Ikes is the spot. He has everything you need to catch a whopper.

Got some nice ones today, did more casting today and got a 6 and 5 pound walleye plus big saugers and eaters. Hair jigs (green)with fatheads (medium sized)was the ticket, though ringworms (chart pepper, orange core, firecracker) still were productive. Water temp is 40 - 41. Tip - too heavy of jig and no bite.

Stage 9.19 in Red Wing

Nice Fish! And, thanks for the report(s) Turk. When you have been pitching jigs are you anchored on a spot or slip drifting?

Thanks for posting the pict I have not figured out how to do it. Pitching a gold blade and thump. she ran and got tail wrapped twice she came in tail first like a carp. she ate the blade completly. going friday and saturday to beat it He He

You won't need your Ice Armor bibs this Saturday! Just something to keep your drinks cool!! Finally spring is here!

Went out today infront of haycreek and never caught so many 3-4 pound saugers in my life. We were using green 3/8oz hair jigs with a fathead. Fished in 12-16 feet of water. Start infront of haycreek and work your way down towards baypoint. Look for the eddys and stay right on the seam.

how many? I was there today and most of the talk i heard was that it was slow, you would see one caught every 15- 20 minutes. caught a nice one, no scale in boat it measured 29", will post pic after iget it off my dads camera

I was there on Wednesday and did well. I'm heading down there tomorrow morning. Some boats caught more fish than others--technique and feel is very important.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Was down there today and it defiantely wasn't fast and furious but steady. We boated around 15 or so with a couple nice 18-19 inch saugers and walleyes. No big fish but saw a few pigs caught around us. Definately alot of buck males around. Seam areas and slack water was definately the key. Hair jigs(pink)and a fathead lures of choice.

If you launch your boat at baypoint park, haycreek is just north of baypoint, the first creek off on the left going up river. We caught around 30 or so. Most were realy nice saugers.

I fished Hay Creek for the third night in a row from 4:30 to 7:30. Tuesday I caught 16, one 20 inch walleye and two 20 inch saugers the rest were 13 to 17 inch saugers water temp. was 44. Wednesday I took my brother and we got 8 with two 20 inch saugers the rest were 10-14 inch saugers water temp. was 46. Tonite I got 10 with one walleye at 17 inches and one 15 inch sauger the rest were 10-14 inch saugers water temp. was 48. The bite slowed down over the week, but it is still fun being out when it is warmer out. I'll be out Friday night after golf, save me some. P.S. all catch & release.

any depth of water better than others? colors to start with? I'll be down tomorrow and monday. I may have a spot in the boat for a partner on monday. I will repost later if that is true.

I took my buddy Mark with me tonite we fished Hay Creek from 5:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. We got 9, one 19.5 inch sauger, two 16 inch saugers, and two 16 inch walleyes. We missed twice that amount, very short biters. We were in 13-21 fow, but mainly 19-20 fow. One boat away at 7:00 see saw 28.5"/8.5 lbs. Walleye caught at 13 feet. We were using green hair jigs and minnows. Catch and Release as always.

I was out on friday. It was very slow. It was my first time on the river, but we did everything we were told to and only got 4 fish in the boat nothing of any size either. We were on the water at 6:30 and off by 3. We also only saw about 12 other fish caught all day. I am hoping it is a night bite, cause it sure wasnt a morning or day bite.

Rarely is it much good at night. Guys are getting them. Don't get discouraged. It usually takes most folks a few times down before they figure the river out. Once you do though, it is game on. I know my first few times fishing the Riv some years ago I struggled to put much if anything in the boat.

was on the river today fro 8am until 230. Caught one 17 inch eye and a couple little ones. Did not see allot of fish caught up towards the channel going to the locks but what we did see caught were throw backs. We did go over to the dam side and saw better quality fish caught there.It was our first time out on the river and Everts was very helpful. I'll be back.

happy easter everyone.there are alot of big walleye being caught.I had a 13.6 lb.walleye come in what a haug as the water warms up the fishing will get better.this week will be the best. start at the tepee by bay point park use a brite color 3/8 oz IKES hair jig tipped with a fat head minnow.go as slow as possible keep your line as vertical as possible.if there not there go north to hay creek alot of nice fish are being caught here.then i would keep going north try all the small feeder creeks comming into the river the fish are going to be looking for warmer water to spawn.if you have any questions call or stop by the store good luck IKE

Great report. I'll be making my first trip on the river this week. We'll stop by before we head out.

Thanks for the report Ike! Plan on coming down early wed morning. What time do you open?