• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports

Rick

stayed out on the ice this weekend in isle bay and near hennepin. isle bay; never got a bite fishing for crappies. on the camera, I did see 2 crappies, a very nice walleye, a huge northern and approx 1,456,234,527 dink perch.

out near the tulibee hole, saw alot of nice perch, a very nice walleye, a few tulibee and 1 sucker. threw everything I had at the perch only got 4 to take the bait. they seemed more interested in maggots than they did waxies.

To the guy that put his truck through the ice trying to cross the pressure ridge. Thanks for the chuckle. I took a picture of your truck and sent it to my wife with the caption "you're not going to be happy". she thought it was our truck, until i said, "didn't you notice, that truck has a topper"... grin

with 50's forecast for all of this week, I wonder how the ice will stand up? It was really wet coming off the lake yesterday.

Fished the pond Sat and Sun for perch with my buddy. Caught 20 keepers Sat and another 18 on Sun. all between 10"-12" with the majority 10"-10.5". Best times were 12-2 on Sat. and about 8-11 on Sun. The key was to drill a bunch of holes and stay on the agressive fish. You will know when you find them because it is a race of the bottom to smack your jig. Then hurry and get back down there. Small spoon and larvae did it for me.

has anybody been out of ceder creek public landing in the last few days?

is it still good to get on and off

well me and 2 other guys ventured out onto the slough today and ended up with a pretty nice bunch of fish. The ice was full of water and was starting to heave up in places on the west shore. Had to park the truck and walk across the heave. The other 2 guys had found the perch spot on friday but they were starting to move out today. Ended up getting about 25 jumbos and then decided to go after the crappies and sunnies on the south end. got there about 5 and started to get a few but then when it started to get dark and everyone else was leaving the crappies started to hit. We ended up with about 20 crappies and 10 sunnies. The perch were all caught on jigging spoons with red larva and the panfish were caught on little jigs with gulp maggots or red larva. Perch were in about 20-23 feet of water. Good Luck.

I tried Isle Bay yesterday. Got there about 3 and left at 6:30. Caught 6, which I released, with none of them being over 10.5". Seen about 10-12 through out the time I was there beneath my hole and also seen a largemouth bass. Action was starting to pick up until some guy came and started blaring his radio then I didn't see anything for a half hour so I left.

Biff, there was 3 of us also out there at 2:30 til 9:30. It was slow as we only caught 3 11" crappies. Yes once the jerk turn the radio on everything seemed to scatter.

Bummer...ya I was out there Saturday. I was off by myself for awhile waiting them out. Then right before primetime, I got invaded. I guess they were lonely. Blowing holes, zooming snowmobilers (too bored to fish I suppose) I just packed up and left. I havent been skunked in quite awhile. Guess I was due.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Red, wasn't sure what the guy or kid was trying to prove with that one loud Artic Cat. All he did for hours was buzz back and forth. I wounder if he knew he was not impressing all the fisherman with his cool sled!! mad

Anyone know what shape the ice is in on Isle Bay? Can you drive pretty much anywhere in the bay? I know I saw guys out in deeper water. What about further into the bay? Any issues in there. Thanks all

hey leech i was out on wahkon last saturday and was wondering if you were there cause very similar events happend there also

As of 3/22, the ice is still good to drive a 4 wheel drive on. As far as we know, there are no issues - we drove out 3.5 miles today. If it rains, that could change quickly. 4 wheelers should be good for awhile. We are putting a ramp at the end of our 200' dock for wheeler access.

A 4 wheeler fell through the public access in Isle yesterday.

I drove on yesterday along with alot of others. The issue is at the accesses, the ice is still plenty thick. In some places, just about up to the gear case on the StrikeMaster.

Even so, even knowing that, it's still scary. You see that dark ice with the honeycombed top and the shorts automatically start to bunch up! Yesterday was definately the end of it for me.

If we'er able to get out at all after all this warm weather and rain, it will definately be wheelers only. If I can get my wheeler onto the ice somewhere on Mille Lacs, I will be making a few more trips....I've made the last 4 by myself, bummage!

I talked to a fella from Anoka and another from Brooklyn park, when your solo-ing it, a little conversation is nice once in awhile.

P.S. Got some nice perch to!

On lake Sat. and Sunday, caught real nice perch sat. and Sun.

just nice ones. Sun. even the little ones would just stare at it, a little twitch they slid away.

I drove up to Mille Lacs sunday from the citys and got there a lil later than planned. Fished on the south end and caught alot of perch. only 5 that we kept but ALOT of little ones and alot of tullibee.

I was out in the tullibee hole on the south side out of Lybacks. but i just checked his web page and he isnt letting anyone out there anymore:( Anyone have any more ideas where i can get on i would like to make one more trip up there tomorrow.

im going to try to get on mille lacs this weekend on wahkon anyone else going up?

Yup, I'm gonna try! I'm positive that if you can find some kind of connection with the ice, it's still plenty safe.

I was driving on it last Sunday and it was almost up to the gear case on my StrikeMaster. I just went out and measured it and it had to have been at least 3 feet thick.

If I can find a place to connect and get my 3 wheeler on, I might do that to? It's really light weight and with the big tires, it floats.

Now I'm getting all worked up for the possibility. I guess I'm gonna have to check the weather rport and make my plans. I really like fishing perch on Mille Lacs in the late winter and early spring.

I met and talked with a guy last Sunday and he was from Brooklyn Park....said he used to be a fireman....that wouldn't by chance be you?

Im going to walking out from the north end this weekend, less than a 1/2 mile. Just need to make it to 20fow

• 2 weeks later...

saw guys walking out from the rocky reef side they were parked across form the subway didnt have time to see how they were doing but might have to check it out on sunday

Just got back from the pond. Walked out on the south side and did good on the perch. It was one after another from 9am-10am. Then slowed dramatically after that but was able to pick one off here and there. Then I had a flurry at about 2:30 to 3 and then I packed it up. I seen guys on wheelers out there running all over so the ice is fine. You would catch 4-5 perch in one hole then they would stop biting so you had to switch spoons and you would catch them again. Kind of kept you on your toes.

Some places had 1/2 inch others 2 inches. Snow was rock hard in the morning but when I was walking off it was getting slushy.

• The title was changed to 2020 Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Reports