• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Cass Lake Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
5 hours ago, black otter said:

Thanks a lot. I’ll call resort Friday. I’m hoping Saturday still looks good with the warm up. 

Lets us know how it goes please.

Pics are amazing if you take any.

23 hours ago, Rick said:

Pike Bay is not part of Leech Lake. It is just south of Cass Lake. Both are close to Cass Lake, MN. Sucker Bay on Leech Lake can be dynamite for perch as well.

Thanks for the clarification. The narrator in the video said it was Pike Bay on Leech. I have also never fished Cass Lake but heard that it can be a great perch fishery. 

• Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I have only gone after perch three times up there but it was fun each time. Have not been back for three years. Kind of a long day trip. Fished just off the public access to the east of town for real nice perch. There was some big rock bass around also. If I remember right we did well with black impulse mayfly on a 4 mm tungsten chekai type jig. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Tons of good perch spots on Cass and Pike Bay.  In addition,  Leech lake has a good population of jumbos too.  We have fished them in Portage and Sucker Bays on Leech and done well.   All of these lakes also kick out lots of tullibees, eelpout and panfish if you know where to look.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Borch said:

In addition,  Leech lake has a good population of jumbos too.  We have fished them in Portage and Sucker Bays on Leech and done well.   All of these lakes also kick out lots of tullibees, eelpout and panfish if you know where to look.

Boy Bay also cranks out some great sunfish and crappies this time of year .

• I Like it 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
On 3/3/2020 at 7:59 AM, BobT said:

Thanks for the clarification. The narrator in the video said it was Pike Bay on Leech. I have also never fished Cass Lake but heard that it can be a great perch fishery. 

That Narrator has a pretty distinct voice Right Rick P? The good old days get Dietz off the rocker LOL and lets get some of those videos rolling again?

23 hours ago, IceHawk said:

That Narrator has a pretty distinct voice Right Rick P? The good old days get Dietz off the rocker LOL and lets get some of those videos rolling again?

Yeah, that narrator is an idiot ?

• 2 months later...

I'm headed tom Cass lake for a couple days next week. Anyone have any current reports ? water temps ? depths, area bait availability, etc.  Appreciate any insights.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Water temps have hovered around the 65 degree mark.  It has bumped up to 70 twice and dropped again with the wind and rain.  Walleye fishing has been good at night pulling perch patterned cranks in 5-7 fow.  During the 20200619_175815.jpg20200612_135927.jpgday 15-18 fow on crawlers or leeches.  Found some jumbo perch on flats or in reeds mixed with bluegills and rock bass.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1