Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
HellaBass

Prior Lake Bass

HellaBass

I just moved to Lakeville and noticed it is a pretty straight shot over to Prior. I was wondering if anybody has any tips for bass out there? Never been on the lake before, what landing is best?

jparrucci

If you want to look even closer to home, check out Marion. It is right of 35 in Lakeville. It has some pretty hefty bass in there, along with a ton of Northerns. Both lakes are pretty much a lost cause on weekends though, as there is too much traffic for anything but a 5am fish. Orchard lake in Lakeville also offers some good bass fishing, although there is only a few trailer spots.

HellaBass

I know Prior can be a zoo, just like Tonka, but I look forward to the challenge. Plus i take off during the week soemtimes. What is a good access to use?

wastewaterguru

There are only two public acesses for the lake and they are both decent. The access off of county road 42 and Crest Avenue is a double wide and has more parking. Good luck

HellaBass

Thanks Wastewater,

i will be out Friday and Sat, will let you all know

FishFreak75

I live about 5 minutes from prior and i hit it about 3 times a week. the lake can get crazy i would go to the north side parking lot although more people go there better chance of getting parking spot. i have goten moster bass. every time i go out i get 10 pounds plus. try using rat-l-traps casting to docks. the biggest fish we caught was 7.6 and average is about a pound. alot of small ones but a lot of hogs if you no how to find them.

Stick wit it plenty of hogs on the lake!

wastewaterguru

I fished Prior a lot last year, but haven't spent much time out there yet this year. Be more than happy to join any of you guys out there.....

Glad to hear there are still a few fish in there.

HellaBass

I was out both Friday and Saturday and i did not think that the boat traffic was that bad, nothing near Tonka. Fishing was decent, fish are transitioning to their summer pattern, so fish are still a little scattered. Jig Worms & Carolina rigs on the outside weed edges and deep rocks proved to be best.

slenz

My neighbor fishes in bass tournaments Thursdays and occasionaly on Saturdays when they have them and does pretty good most of the time. He has toldme there are some monsters in that lake..

sami0115

what is Prior like now for bass fishing? i havn't fished it since grade school (mid to late 70's) i remember it being a good bass lake...

mickeyg

Prior can be a great bass lake, especially if you know where all the rock piles are! I find it a tough lake to figure out. Either I catch a 10" bass or a 4 pounder.

I was out there for MN Fishers of Men tourney and it took 21.20 (5 bass) to win. 18.82 was third and then it drops off to 13+ for 9th. I did okay with 9.62 (4 bass) considering I only had a dink half way through the tourney.