Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
slick814

28 ways to tell if you're a fishing addict

Recommended Posts

slick814

28 ways to tell if you are a fishing addict.


1.You toss aside Victoria's Secret catalog to check out Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's.
2.You tell your fishing buddy,"Hold on,I've almost got him."when he is having a heart attack.
3.You reason that a 90%chance of thunderstorms actually means that there is a 10%chance of excellent fishing weather.
4.Your mailbox is a giant fiberglass bass.
5.Your spouse has to drag you out of bed at 8am togo to work,but you can awake at 4:30am without an alarm on weekends.
6.Your best knife says RAPALA on it.
7.Some one says they have a real tragedy in the family and you think they broke their Ambassador 5000.
8.Your boat cost more than your house.
9.You have more nicks and cuts on your hands from fish hooks,gills and spines,than a person who barehand wrestles Bobcats for a living.
10.You have more than 20 of any one lure in the same color.
11.You have permanent hat hair.
12.Your cat likes hanging out with you because of the smell.
13.When you reflect,you realize you have kissed a bass(in celebration ala Bill Dance)more times than your spouse,lately.
14.You have named more than one fish swimming free in your lake.
15.Your pets and kids have names like Shakespear,Zebco,Daiwa,or Pfleuger.
16.You have considered becoming a teacher,even though you can't stand kids,so you can have summers off to fish.
17.You have more fishing rods than socks or underwear without holes in them.
18.Your idea of a honeymoon cruise was a weeklong fishing trip with 25 other anglers.
19.When your spouse ask if you are going fishing,you laugh and say,"Good one Honey."
20.You can tie a Bimini twist drunk & blindfolded,but your windsor tie knot looks like a snake that ate a gopher.
21.When you die and St. Peter at the Pearly Gates ask you if you want to enter heaven;You reply,"Hows the fishing?"
22.Your outboard goes in for a preventive check up more than you do.
23.Your entire leisure wardrobe consists of two Guy Harvey T-shirts,a ratty pair of shorts with pockets everywhere,and one pro bass "billboard" fishing shirt signed by Roland Martin,that you are afraid to wash.
24.You have a yardstick tattoed on your arm that highlights various legal fish lengths.
25.You are the one sitting in the last pew at church wearing a hat festooned with lures,and holding a fishing rod.
26.You've eaten so many that have mercury in them you can tell the temperature without a thermometer.
27.Your spouse says it is either me or fishing,and your reply is a prolonged humming sound.
28.You have read this and said,"Doesn't Everybody?"


------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beef46

That's great. I sent my wife #5 and asked her if it sounded familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pjfweb

Well, I guess I'm not quite as addicted as I thought... hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigMike

PJ - denial is the first sign!!! LOL.

Well at least I'm not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slick814

BigMike, this website has more addicts than an Narcotics Anonymous metting... you're NEVER alone here, that's for sure!!
And my wife said that #5 sounds familiar, too.. she doesn't understand why I can do that, but I can't understand how she gets up without the alarm going off to go to work, either...

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotoriousBLM

I'll add one for you slick; when you willingly take a box full of smelly paint to pass the time painting jigs while you're recovering from shoulder surgery, you might need help. Wait... No, wait, you don't need help, you preplanned!

Hope everything is going good!

[This message has been edited by NotoriousBLM (edited 06-17-2004).]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slick814

NotoriousBLM-

Things are going pretty good, still sore and stiff, but started therapy this week.
As far as smelly paint goes, it stinks, but is so pretty on a jig head. I can't thank you enough for the donation to my sanity. (Or insanity, depending on how you look at it).
grin.gif

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lost

You forgot #29. While still asleep, you get up, grab your fishing pole, and cast into the aquarium with the hopes of catching a biggun.

LOL, I fit most of these but not all of them. My girlfriend says we can go on the fishing trip with 25 others for our honeymoon. Maybe she'll actually go fishing with me that week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moose-Hunter

Does anyone happen to know a good tattoo artist? grin.gif

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harmonica Bear

yah, # 5 is good, but # 20 just cracks me up!

Those are a good!

Hi, my name is Harmonica Bear, and I am a fishing addict.... grin.gif:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pjfweb

isn't denial a river in egypt or something... lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
united jigsticker

Heh.

#5 --- Yep. I was questioned about this very thing only a couple weeks ago. I can identify...with number five. smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
unitedjigsticker@aol.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taxmancommeth

Definetly guilty (really guilty) of #5... Can get my arss out of bed to get to work by 7:30, but sure can get out of bed at 4:00 am to leave by 4:30 am. To be fishing in a tournament somewhere for 1 1/2 hours by 7:30...

Dam strange Phenomena..

------------------
-------------------------

GET-ER-DONE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this